Bump buddies needed for Halloween babies!

Awww hun your be fine, they do some lovely boys clothes over here its just not what your used to. Bet you he will be a real mamas boy!

Congratulations! xxx

Lucky Peyton having all those girls looking after him! I'm sure you'll feel differently quickly - he will be your best boy in no time. Congratulations on having a son :thumbup:

Was everything ok with the scan - all good measurements etc?
:hugs:

The tech said anytime I asked that everything looked normal... I am measuring 9 days ahead of my original due date, but doc wants to go with November 1st due to the breathing difficulties my last baby had, he would like to play it safe. I got a super cute pic of his foot, and several profile shots, and he looks good to me, and the tech didn't even hint at any problems, even though he wouldn't hold still, he wiggled the whole time.

I feel somewhat bad for the little Guy as he will likely be dressed up like a doll and drug to dance competition and softball tournaments. But he will likely be spoiled rotten.

What upsets me is the people I know laughing at me cuz I'm having a boy when they know how it scares me.... my biggest fear is not being able to bond the same with him.... but I know its just silly fears... it doesn't help.

Oh huni you will bond its just a case of being a lil nervous of the unknown. I kinda know how you feel as i had pnd after my dd was born (i was young and not really ready for a lo at the time) i didnt bond well with her. with dd he was very much planned and it was a totally different experience with him second time round. Theres a tiny tiny part of me thats worried that because this is a girl i will have pnd like with dd. Like you said though they are our silly worries. You sound like such a wonderful mum always doing fun activities with your girls im sure your be taking him to football games/baseball games and your be the same dedicated mum you are as with your girls. I truly do admire how much you do with your daughters and your be no different with your little man.

Big hugs to you huni.

How have the girls taken the news? are they excited to get a brother? and how about your husband i bet hes over the moon at getting a son? xxx

Hi everyone

Angie - firstly, great news that your LO is looking totally healthy - and he sounds like an active little fella in there. I can understand your worries about having a boy, I feel a bit like that too (even though I don't know yet about mine - but somehow I feel I'd know how to be a Mum to a girl better than I would to a boy). I think it's about trusting yourself to be able to adapt and you sound like such an amazing and caring Mum that I bet you will be able to do this. It sounds from what you've said that some of this is about you worrying about being a good enough Mum to a boy because you've got girls and they're what you're used to. To me that already says that you're going to be a great Mum to him because you're thinking about this stuff. Also, the boys/men that I know that have been raised in a household with lots of women tend to be good at being sensitive to women's needs and quite often in touch with their emotional sides. And, most importantly, I bet when you meet him you fall in love with him straight away and most of this will melt away!!!! xxx

I meant to say, that bit about people laughing at you - that's plain cruel and has made me feel a bit angry on your behalf. Grrr!!

So who has their scan next?

I have had a major clear out today, sorted out clothes and on top of the wardrobe and even moved the bedroom around. Really started panicking about where we would put lo's clothes etc. So ive made room and got a bag to ebay and a bag to charity shop and a bag to put in the loft in hope that one day i will fit back in the clothes (they are just things ive held on to for years). My best friend has a two year old and she sorted out lots of baby clothes (mainly 0-3 month) so ive washed and dried them today and put all my recent purchases and the things given to me and put them into the drawers i had cleared out. i now have three drawers full of pink...its lovely x

So is that one blue and one pink for out little group?

Hi girls,

I have my scan on Tuesday next week - I am so anxious about it. I just want to make sure everything is still ok in there. Then we are going shopping to buy our very first baby things!

I have felt lots of little air bubbles and little flutters over the last couple of days so I am hoping this is the start of some major movement!

Hope everyone is well,
:hugs:

Ahh Waitress thats lovely defo sounds like lo moving around in there. Aww bet you cant wait until tuesday, will be so nice to go shopping! yay

Krissi - im pretty sure we have two blue and one pink. Someone joined the thread later than most and already knew they were team blue...(so sorry i cant remember who!). And then we have a secret bump so we have one yellow too x

Oh Angie congratulations on your blue bump! I can understand it must seem a bit daunting right now after being so used to doing the girlie thing. I have to admit I feel a little apprehensive; I feel positive my bump is blue and I feel like I know how to interact with girls soooo much better. But I can see how affectionate little boys are with their mums! I bet by the time he arrives you'll be head over heels :flower:

Ooh Waitress yay for the scan next week! Ours is on Friday, I am so so excited, of course a little anxious that everything is ok, I will feel very relieved afterwards!

wow - Pink Sparkle, you've been busy. How lovely to have lots of pink things waiting in the drawers!! I had a bit of a clear-out of clothes last weekend too. I'm also going to try to motivate myself to be a bit more ruthless too and clear out lots more stuff ready for the big move when we get our new place.

It was NYpage who's also on team blue. She's not been around for a while, I hope she's ok

Waitress and Pielette - how fab to have your scans next week!! You must be really excited and a bit nervous too. Mine isn't until 20th June which is only 2 weeks away but feels like ages!!

I saw a moses basket yesterday evening in the charity shop window near where I live so my OH and I are going down there tomorrow morning to see if it's still there! I know it's still quite early to get stuff but we're going to have so much expense over the next few months with buying the flat and the move etc that we need to be as careful as possible with a lot of things. I don't really mind getting second-hand things for a lot of it as long as I can give things a good wash!!! xx

I'm coming to deal with the thought of a boy... it really was a major shock since I was set on the fact that it HAD to be a girl!! my inlaws are thrilled since they have 8 granddaughters and now a grandson on the way... my mom is also thrilled and already shopping!

I have decided that since I don't get to buy a bunch of baby girl things I'm going to redecorate my girls' rooms and get my girlie fix that way! My little Guy wont have his own room until we move sometime next year, so I will set up a corner of my room as a nursery area. My sister gave me an adorable little bassinet that is all white with sage green and tan trim, I will have him in that for a couple months.

Leeze I totally agree with the second hand stuff... I think of it as a treasure hunt, and you can really find some amazing deals on gently used things. We have a great little shop in my town that buys name brand clothes from people and sells them in their shop. Its such a cute shop, and I go there a lot.

Anyway, I made my first baby purchase today, I bought some tiny socks one has a monkey that says silly monkey, and another says chick magnet with a little dog... love em!!

Defo agree with you leeze and angie about buying second hand stuff although i must admit i nearly always end up buying new. However with ds and this time round one of my best friends has given me lots and lots. I dont think having a baby needs to be expensive and you can spend as much or as little as you want. I would love to buy a new pram but i have a loola from ds and they dont sell very well on ebay etc so im just going to use it again. Couldnt face selling it for £50 which is what they seem to be going for. Im trying to find a mamas and papas swing, new they cost £89.00 which i cant justify spending when they spend so little time in them. Im watching some on ebay now just waiting to see how much roughly they sell for. Some of the things on there are so expensive i think i may as well buy new!

Angie - sounds like a great plan - dont spend too much decorating though if your moving! x Socks sound cute saw on fb one of your friends talking about boys clothes with phrases sound so sweet dont really get stuff like that here. Its lovely that your inlaws are getting a grandson after so many grandaughters x

Guys.... I saw something very sad.... i happened to look back at an old page and saw a post from 9babies and she removed her ticker and said she is saying goodbye to her 12th angel. I'm so sad for her.... and I hope you guys will keep her in your prayers.

aw that's really sad re 9babies. Must be so hard to have been through so many losses. My heart really goes out to her

Angie - great that you're getting your head round having a boy. I bet having him will be one of the most amazing experiences of your life xxx

Hi everyone! Sorry for my absence. I have sick people at home, had lots of drama to deal with and I'm utterly knackered all the time. I haven't had a chance to catch up with you all but I will I promise and will write properly later. Sorry for being so lame :-( xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->