Can a newborn sleep in a pack N play?

painted_pony

Reaction score
I play on purchasing a crib and a pack N play. Since I will no longer be able to have a nursery due to financial reasons, the baby much stay in the same room as me after he is born. My room is extremely small. Im so confused as what to keep him in for the first few months. Theres mini cribs, co-sleepers, cribs, bassinets, and pack n plays. I had planned on purchasing a crib and waiting to assemble it till he has out grown whatever i choose to keep him in for the first few months. My question is, can I keep him in a Pack N play at night-time for the first few months? The more expensive models also have a bassinet feature on the top, which sits right above the first level of the Pack N play. Will i need a co-sleeper/mini-crib if I have a Pack N play? Im starting to build my baby registry so Im beyond confused at this point.

I don't see why they can't. I had my son in the ones with the bassinet on top so it should be fine without.

I was thinking of doing this, but my family bought us our cot and Moses basket. But I was also thinking of getting a pack and play for downstairs... Something I can just open up, put Harrison in to play when he gets a little bigger and then crack on with the housework. At least then I know I haven't got to constantly watch him when he starts crawling later on.

But I don't see why you can't do that :)

XxX

I am doing that for in the livingroom and when the babies need to be separeted one will be in the pack and play

My room is beyond tiny, it should be a walk in closet. Is a bassinet or mini crib any smaller than a pack N play. These questions are probably really stupid, but ive never had to purchase baby items before so this is a new experience.

An actual bassinet is pretty small. Much smaller than a pack and play.

they dont last more than a few months though, so I'd recommend shopping around for the smallest pack n play with the bassinet insert, otherwise you'll have to buy something bigger after a few months

What about this type of crib, how large are these?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Arm-s-Reach-Mini-Fern-Sprinkle-Dot-Covertible-Co-Sleeper/13996033

best bet is to get a tape measure out and use the spec on the website.

That crib is almost 3 feet long, 2 feet 8 inches to be exact, and 20 inches wide, so a little under 2 feet.

Product in Inches (L x W x H): 34.0 x 20.0 x 31.0

This is my pack n play that im going to order. It doesnt seem like there is too huge of a difference in size

https://www.amazon.com/Graco-Modern-Playard-Bassinet-Changer/dp/B001GQ2P96

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Graco-Travel-Lite-Portable-Crib-Notting-Hill/15701766

that one is a bit smaller then the average pack and play. if your worried about room

My infant niece is sleeping in a pack n play. She also has the travel pack and play with bassinet insert for the living room to nap. She's fine with it and yours will be too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->