Canadian Ladies!! 1st, 2nd and 3rd trimesters.... Now everyone can stay in touch!

Katealim - congrats! I'm the eldest of three girls and that's what my dad calls himself too :D He was also excited that DH and I are expecting a girl...

I'll be 28 weeks tomorrow and since yesterday I started to be very aware of my uterus pushing down on my uterus as I walk...like I'm not as comfortable as I used to be :/ Is it too early to feel like this? I have only gained 8lbs (normal BMI) since the start of the pregnancy so I don't think it's coz of my weight.

Very normal. 28-29 weeks is when I started feeling very aware of my uterus and bubs; especially when walking with both my other girls. That's about when hip pain and a total feeling of fullness in my belly started kicking in too.

Katealim - congrats! I'm the eldest of three girls and that's what my dad calls himself too :D He was also excited that DH and I are expecting a girl...

I'll be 28 weeks tomorrow and since yesterday I started to be very aware of my uterus pushing down on my uterus as I walk...like I'm not as comfortable as I used to be :/ Is it too early to feel like this? I have only gained 8lbs (normal BMI) since the start of the pregnancy so I don't think it's coz of my weight.

Very normal. 28-29 weeks is when I started feeling very aware of my uterus and bubs; especially when walking with both my other girls. That's about when hip pain and a total feeling of fullness in my belly started kicking in too.

Great thank you! I get some backache here and then but the pushing feeling is definitly new. I'm still discovering the joys of pregnancy :)

Just joined the site today and found this thread! So excited to be able to chat with some fellow kanuk ladies. Due date is 12/24/12. Does anyone know why some OB's don't do a 12 week scan? I'm a bit disappointed in having to wait to see my little Blueberry again till 20 weeks, but very excited for my first Doppler! I think I'll probably cry when I first hear His/Her heartbeat? Did any of you ladies cry the first time you heats the HB?

Just joined the site today and found this thread! So excited to be able to chat with some fellow kanuk ladies. Due date is 12/24/12. Does anyone know why some OB's don't do a 12 week scan? I'm a bit disappointed in having to wait to see my little Blueberry again till 20 weeks, but very excited for my first Doppler! I think I'll probably cry when I first hear His/Her heartbeat? Did any of you ladies cry the first time you heats the HB?

Welcome Liz! I'm also in Alberta but I did get a 12 week scan. Where in Alberta are you? Yes I shed a little tear at the first sound of the HB in all three of my pregnancies.

Wohoo....just noticed that I am half way today!!!!

Wohoo....just noticed that I am half way today!!!!

Congrats! Not much more left then now :D

I moved to the third trimester yesterday, excited that it's almost time to meet the baby, freaked out that there's still so much left to do

Welcome Liz! I'm also in Alberta but I did get a 12 week scan. Where in Alberta are you? Yes I shed a little tear at the first sound of the HB in all three of my pregnancies.

I am living in Sturgeon County. Pretty well half way between St. Albert and Morrinville. Where are you in Alberta?

Welcome Liz! I'm in BC and we had an early dating scan at 6 weeks then nothing from 7 weeks until after my 20 week scan, not even a doctor's appointment! I was a bit disappointed as we at least got to have a doctor's appointment to hear HB with my first pregnancy but now that I'm past the 20 week mark there will be more regular appointments.

For those of you yearning to hear baby between appointments I wanted to let you know that my hubby downloaded an iphone app that is similar to a dopplar. You just use the phone earbuds, put the microphone on your belly and there's the HB. It's pretty amazing. The things they come up with for those darn iphones is rediculous... darn blackberry. :growlmad:

Anyway, off to get my house tidy before company comes. Enjoy your week mommas!

Welcome Liz! I'm in BC and we had an early dating scan at 6 weeks then nothing from 7 weeks until after my 20 week scan, not even a doctor's appointment! I was a bit disappointed as we at least got to have a doctor's appointment to hear HB with my first pregnancy but now that I'm past the 20 week mark there will be more regular appointments.

For those of you yearning to hear baby between appointments I wanted to let you know that my hubby downloaded an iphone app that is similar to a dopplar. You just use the phone earbuds, put the microphone on your belly and there's the HB. It's pretty amazing. The things they come up with for those darn iphones is rediculous... darn blackberry. :growlmad:

How did you manage to get a early scan? I'm going with a midwife, have my first appt on monday and am really hoping I can get an early scan. I didn't think that they did them in BC so early. All the info I could find said dating scans were at 10-14 weeks.

Lemongrass, I am in BC too...and at my first midwife appointment they asked me if I knew my last period and if I was regular, and offered me a dating scan. I declined, as I didn't want additional scans and was 100% sure of my ovulation date...but I would recommend when you go in maybe tell them you are not sure of your last period or that you had irregular cycles. That might prompt them to give you a dating scan...

After that, we listened for the HB at 10 weeks (yes, a tear was shed) and then I just had my 18 week anomaly scan Monday! I also see my midwife every four weeks and have since my first 6 week appointment.

I do, I do have irregular periods!! I'm pretty sure of when I ovulated and I don't think I'd be that off. I just didn't think they did dating scans that early in BC.

They really made an iphone app for that? Thats crazy, does it really work?

I am living in Sturgeon County. Pretty well half way between St. Albert and Morrinville. Where are you in Alberta?

I'm in just south of Calgary.

Just found this thread - great idea!! Hi from third tri! :hi:

Welcome to the new girls and congratulations!!

I don't know what I've been busy doing but it feels like my days are full of things!
I have a quick question, does any of you early (13 weeks and on ) pregnant girls hear the baby move? I have been hearing things, litteraly. Sometimes it feels like gas in my lower belly, sometimes it is twinges but I keep thinking oh my god my little bean is moving! Am i going crazy?

On a different note, my appetite is taking forever to come back, I can only eat bananas and milk and no meat and no cheese. What to do?

I don't know what I've been busy doing but it feels like my days are full of things!
I have a quick question, does any of you early (13 weeks and on ) pregnant girls hear the baby move? I have been hearing things, litteraly. Sometimes it feels like gas in my lower belly, sometimes it is twinges but I keep thinking oh my god my little bean is moving! Am i going crazy?

On a different note, my appetite is taking forever to come back, I can only eat bananas and milk and no meat and no cheese. What to do?

Hi another Ottawa lady!

I only felt mine move close to 21 weeks :/ I saw her move a lot in both the 12w and the 20w scans but either I couldn't differentiate between normal body movements and her movements or I'm just not that sensitive that only after she was actually kicking that I felt her, lol!

I also didn't have much of an appetite till closer to 18 weeks. Right now at almost 29 weeks I eat more than I did pre-pregnancy but I don't have any cravings per say and have become very intolerant of "exotic food". Like I cannot eat Chinese, Thai or Indian food (all of which I loved pre-pregnancy)

Welcome new ladies! (from a new lady herself)

Not yet but I can't wait! I just lost my appetite yesterday :wacko: Before that I was hungry and would eat whatever but last night I was so hungry and everything in the house made me feel nauseous. I felt so bad because my husband cooked a nice meal that I love and I could only eat a little bit of rice. I made him take me to Mcdonalds afterwards! I NEVER thought I would do that. I just really wanted some relief to my hungry stomach that wouldn't make me feel more queasy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->