Canadian Ladies!! 1st, 2nd and 3rd trimesters.... Now everyone can stay in touch!

Yeah, I heard great things about The Queensway! I am going to have the baby at The Civic, I live in Hintonburg, so it's like two minutes from my home. I don't know how good (or bad) they are but am going to check. My OBGYN works there and she recommended that I go there.

Welcome on the forum! I am from Ottawa too! Good question about Costco diapers, I am interested in hearing the answer. Are you having the baby at home or at the hospital? If yes, which hospital?

Nice to meet another Ottawa mom-to-be! I'm having the baby at the Queensway-Carleton, it's like a 5 minute drive from my apartment, and I've heard from lots of people that it's a great hospital for labour & delivery. How about you?

Good to know! We will be using cloth but Kirkland may be useful in emergencies :)

We are cloth diapering as well! Have you decided which brand yet? I'm taking a class in a couple weeks to help me determine what would be best for us... It's mind blowing how many different kinds there are!

Hi all! I have a really 'feel stupid' question... I have been following the baby ticker on my Iphone and one app tells me that at 12w4d I am 12 weeks.. then the other app tells me that at 12w4d I am actually in week 13... lol
Im probably overthinking this and will feel silly once I can wrap my baby-brain around it.. but what do you all think??

Hi ladies! It's my first time posting in here...I'm from Ottawa and only have 6 weeks left to go before LO gets here! Some days I feel like I have so long to go and other days I feel like I need more time!

Just a question for those who already have children - have you tried Costco brand diapers? If so, how were they? The price is so much better but I don't want to get them if they're crappy.

Thanks and I'm looking forward to chatting with other Canadian moms!

I'm in Ottawa too :happydance: Didn't there was that many of us here. I'm having LO at the Civic. I'm actually closer to Queensway (5 mins drive to Queensway 10 minutes to teh Civic). But my midwive has priveledges at teh Civic so we'r gonna go with them :)

We are cloth diapering as well! Have you decided which brand yet? I'm taking a class in a couple weeks to help me determine what would be best for us... It's mind blowing how many different kinds there are!

A class! How cool, I am going to see if there is one in my area. I have looked at reviews online but the most helpful thing was to talk to a lady who owns her own kids/babies store here in town. She recommends prefolds and Bummis covers for the first little bit and then above 10lbs she likes AMP one-size with prefolds. Apparently she has tried almost every type!

Hi all! I have a really 'feel stupid' question... I have been following the baby ticker on my Iphone and one app tells me that at 12w4d I am 12 weeks.. then the other app tells me that at 12w4d I am actually in week 13... lol
Im probably overthinking this and will feel silly once I can wrap my baby-brain around it.. but what do you all think??

It is the same as with age...I am 27 but in my 28th year right now. Once you pass the week mark, you have completed 12 weeks and are currently IN your 13th week...

Hope that makes sense!

Hello again ladies! Haven't been around much as I've been camping for the last week but am finally home and antsy for my gender scan in 2 days!!!:happydance:
Hope everyone is doing well.

Hey,
I had a similar question and when i went for the ultrasound, I asked them and they gave me the ultrasound ''age'' and that is what I have decided to go with. There is a difference of a few days (3 days to be exact) but apparently that is because I have an irregular mens cycle. Too complicated for me so I have two stickers, one with the US age, one according to my LMP.

Yah my date is based on ovulation because I know without a doubt when it happened. My midwife does still use the LMP date which is four days ahead, and although I'd love to be further ahead i don't want to be induced unnecessarily!

I have an ultrasound on Monday so maybe I'll get a fetal age too!

Hey Ladies, I'm jumping in! I'm almost 5 weeks and from Van island, bc!

we have decided on Kane Christopher S. But i'm unsure of it now. I feel like we might be making the wrong choice. I hope this feeling goes away because it took us so long to get to a point that we even had a name. I thought I'd give birth to our little boy and he'd be nameless forever.

Maybe if you changed a letter you might like it better? Dane, Lane...

Lemongrass - me too! I grew up in Nanaimo and live in Victoria :thumbup:

Hi Ladies,
So my 13 weeks ultrasound went very well. LO is doing very well, and boy was he busy!! I t was such a relief to be able to see him since my bump hasn't showed yet so at times I wondered if there was something in there. Doctor is happy with everything so now I can relax and enjoy this( when of course the nausea will let me do so). I can't wait to tell if it's a boy or a girl (DH and I have already decided on names either way). Does any of you first trim ladies have started thinking on names ????

Babylove: Thats great news!! Post some pictures if you have them!!

All the second time moms: When did you feel baby for the first time? I swear Im feeling little flutters when Im sitting still... different then the cramps and stretching. Its more of a muscle spasm way deep in my belly or gas bubbles... without the gas lol

I think I might be feeling little movements once in a while too! They are happening in the same spot where doctor found the heartbeat, so you never know! :)

To the ladies in Ottawa - any of you planing on delivering at the Civic Campus or have you had your babies there before? I'm debating between there and a home birth. My midwife has priveldges at the Civic and I'm leaning towards going there and getting an early discharge but still cannot make up my mind

Just catching up:

Hi to the new ladies! Congratulations on your pregnancy!

Sorry to the ladies feeling not well. I've never experienced morning sickness but it sounds awful.

For those feeling movements - yeah! It's so exciting. I never get tired of feeling my baby moving around in my tummy. It just blows my mind that we have the ability to create another human being - science never was my thing. I can't recall when I started to feel my first but I'm sure it was around 18 weeks or so. With this pregnancy I was certain I felt baby around 14 weeks. Just you all wait; another few weeks and you won't be guessing "was that a kick" or "I wonder if that was a movement". Baby will be rolling around in there and there will be no doubts. I hope you can enjoy it!

AFM, we purchased all the baby furniture we'll need for the nursery on the weekend and are just waiting for company to come and go before we set it up. Have had a few braxton hicks contractions the last week or so which has made me feel more rushed to get things done around the house. I'm starting to count the weeks down and realizing we've got a busy summer ahead so I'm trying to get organized and hoping baby will stay where he/she is until my actual due date this time. We have another doctor's appointment in a week already so will have to catch up again once that's finished.

Take care of yourselves and those tummies!

Had my gender scan a few days ago and discovered that we are once again team :pink:! My daughters are thrilled to be gaining another sister and my darling oh has taken to calling himself the king of the castle and bragging how some guys just get all the girls!:haha:

Medic: that sounds exactly like baby movement! Congrats.

Welcome to all the new Canadian mums to be:hi:

Katealim - congrats! I'm the eldest of three girls and that's what my dad calls himself too :D He was also excited that DH and I are expecting a girl...

I'll be 28 weeks tomorrow and since yesterday I started to be very aware of my uterus pushing down on my uterus as I walk...like I'm not as comfortable as I used to be :/ Is it too early to feel like this? I have only gained 8lbs (normal BMI) since the start of the pregnancy so I don't think it's coz of my weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->