Canadian Ladies!! 1st, 2nd and 3rd trimesters.... Now everyone can stay in touch!

One teddy bear: I live in Saskatoon, and it was hot and sunny all morning/early afternoon and just as i was getting off of work the rain clouds roll in... boo

I live in Saskatoon as well. I like when the clouds come in as I cant stand the heat and dont fit any of my old summer clothes. Im not excited to start seeing the misqutoes as they love the pregnant women :wacko:

Glad everyone is doing good with this weather we are having. I noticed on the weathernetwork over last week that some places had some severe weather warning so its nice to know that things are going well.

I called my Dr.'s office today, I have an appointment on Friday, and i'll be pretty close to thirteen weeks, and i asked if they'll let me hear the heartbeat, and she said yes! It will be the first time, so i'm so excited.

Then in just two weeks, i'll be on vacation with my DH, my sisters and my parents in BC, it'll be the first time i've seen my one sister, she lives in the states so I get to tell her she's going to be an auntie (she's been waiting along time, she has two kids, and has wanted to be an aunt for a long time)

Eek all of a sudden everything is getting so real, I'm excited and scared... but mostly excited :)

Hey, I'm in Ottawa too! I see you're pretty close so you're probably so excited! I feel like I still have fgorever to go.

My neighbour got her maternity pads at Rexall when she had her baby (2 years ago). I haven't been it to check yet but it's on my list of to-do's as I put the hospital bag together.

Question for you; which hospital will you be giving birth in? I'm gonna go to the Civic as my midwife has previledges there but don't know much about the campus. Will be taking a tour of maternity unit on July 2nd.

Thanks for the answer, I'll have to pop into Rexall soon.

I'm giving birth at the Queensway-Carleton...I haven't had a tour of the maternity unit at all, I was going to ask the doctor at my next appt. I've heard the QCH is really good when it comes to L&D.

Hey ladies!

Well I am now 10+2 and have my 2nd midwife appt. today. She told me at my last appt. that we MIGHT be able to hear the HB today but if not, then in 2 weeks at my next appt. for sure! I heard it at 8+1 via ultrasound, it was amazing but DH wasn't there so I am hoping he gets to hear it today!

My question to the group is... did anyone hear the HB at 10+2 or earlier with a doppler?

Thanks ladies!

I actually heard my baby's heartbeat at 12 weeks and was surprised by that. My midwife used a doppler and it was pretty clear :)

My doctor found the heartbeat first try at 10+3, huge relief as it was the first time I heard it after I had some spotting. seams so long ago now that im 37+6!

That's exciting Janers! They will be thrilled I'm sure :) Where in BC are you vacationing?

Countrygirl86: We told my mom and dad and my other sister (who lives closer), and my MIL. I am just waiting to tell anyone else after i've told my sister who lives int he states. I only see her twice a year, but we're really close.

Gaiagirl: We're heading to Blue River, never been there before, its actually for a wedding. I'm excited :)

I'm a Saskatoon girl too! Soon to be small town girl lol. But my gyno is in Saskatoon, and I will be delivering at RUH! I have a Dr. Apt on Friday too Janers!

I'm a Saskatoon girl too! Soon to be small town girl lol. But my gyno is in Saskatoon, and I will be delivering at RUH! I have a Dr. Apt on Friday too Janers!

What a coincedence! If we had the same due date we might have bumped into eachother at RUH hehe

Hi ladies, hope you're all doing well!

I have my midwife appt today and am so excited! I have so many questions to ask her since the last time and also can't wait to hear my baby's heartbeat :D After today I will be having my prenatal appt's every two weeks. So excited that I'm getting closer to meeting the baby!

Hey, I'm in Ottawa too! I see you're pretty close so you're probably so excited! I feel like I still have fgorever to go.

My neighbour got her maternity pads at Rexall when she had her baby (2 years ago). I haven't been it to check yet but it's on my list of to-do's as I put the hospital bag together.

Question for you; which hospital will you be giving birth in? I'm gonna go to the Civic as my midwife has previledges there but don't know much about the campus. Will be taking a tour of maternity unit on July 2nd.

Thanks for the answer, I'll have to pop into Rexall soon.

I'm giving birth at the Queensway-Carleton...I haven't had a tour of the maternity unit at all, I was going to ask the doctor at my next appt. I've heard the QCH is really good when it comes to L&D.

So I went to Rexall yesterday and couldn't find any! So I went back to ask my neighbour again. Apparently she misunderstood me and she thought I had meant maxi pads, LOL! She told me she doesn't think we can find maternity pads here in Canada. The hospital provides us with what will last us the first 3-4 days and after that the maxis should be enough.

Thought I come back and update you :)

So I went to Rexall yesterday and couldn't find any! So I went back to ask my neighbour again. Apparently she misunderstood me and she thought I had meant maxi pads, LOL! She told me she doesn't think we can find maternity pads here in Canada. The hospital provides us with what will last us the first 3-4 days and after that the maxis should be enough.

I was just on the phone with my sister who had a baby about 4 months ago. She told me the one thing to stock up on is maxi pads lol. So I went into Zellers for their liquidation sale and I'm standing in front of the pads. I'm looking back and forth between my normal, nice thin ones and then the scary ones that look like they are 5 inches thick. I know I should buy the huge ones but I don't want to so my last chance out of it is to call her and double check which ones. She says "yeah, you should get the biggest ones you can find." Haha, I was really dragging my heels on that one!

I was just on the phone with my sister who had a baby about 4 months ago. She told me the one thing to stock up on is maxi pads lol. So I went into Zellers for their liquidation sale and I'm standing in front of the pads. I'm looking back and forth between my normal, nice thin ones and then the scary ones that look like they are 5 inches thick. I know I should buy the huge ones but I don't want to so my last chance out of it is to call her and double check which ones. She says "yeah, you should get the biggest ones you can find." Haha, I was really dragging my heels on that one!

oh lol @ 5" thick pads! Do they even make them that huge??? I guess I shall go and check out Zellers too. I don't have any pads not even normal ones at home as obv I didn't have a period since I got pregnant.

For some reason the sound of bleeding that much and for that long after birth is freaking me out more than giving birth itself :shrug:

Me too! Up to 6 weeks, I think! Yikes! Well, at least our babies will be worth all the bleeding!

Hi ladies, just wanted to reassure you that yes, the bigger the pads the better but that the bleeding does taper off quite quickly for most. I was glad I had some on hand for when my water broke because for me I kept leaking (it's normal) right up until baby jammed into the birth canal and blocked everything. Those big pads hold a lot of liquid :thumbup:

lilosmom and lemongrass,

So I went to Zelleres yesterday and was overwhelmed with the number of big pad they had and didn't know which one to pick! Can you ladies share what brand/size/model you bought?

Hahaha. It's like picking pads and tampons for the first time all over again. My doctor said to get the pretty version of the depends adult diapers. I wasn't aware that there was a pretty version that comes in colors but that's good to know.

We go today to hear baby for the first time. He's moving lots in there :). I can feel it all the time and it's getting stronger. We picked baby furniture and have ordered it. We are going with a beach theme in the room since winter is so long up north. I have belly pictures to post later too :).
Happy Friday everyone!!

lilosmom and lemongrass,

So I went to Zelleres yesterday and was overwhelmed with the number of big pad they had and didn't know which one to pick! Can you ladies share what brand/size/model you bought?

Sorry, not exactly sure what kind I got (it's been 3 years since I needed them) but I do know they were like an overnight high absorbency kind. Hope that helps! I'll be on the hunt soon too, let me know what kind you end up with.

Hey ladies just wanted to share that we found out today we are having a BOY!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->