Canadian Ladies!! 1st, 2nd and 3rd trimesters.... Now everyone can stay in touch!

Welcome to the new girls and congratulations!!

I don't know what I've been busy doing but it feels like my days are full of things!
I have a quick question, does any of you early (13 weeks and on ) pregnant girls hear the baby move? I have been hearing things, litteraly. Sometimes it feels like gas in my lower belly, sometimes it is twinges but I keep thinking oh my god my little bean is moving! Am i going crazy?

On a different note, my appetite is taking forever to come back, I can only eat bananas and milk and no meat and no cheese. What to do?

I started feeling stuff at about 12 weeks. I'm sure now I can feel baby. It's like a poke that you would feel through a water ballon. Lol. Just on your insides.
Super excited to start the second tri today!! Appointment on the 15th to hear the heartbeat :). Glad to see everyone is doing well. Welcome to all the newbies

I really can't believe I'm 14 weeks... this is going by scarily fast!!

Morning Ladies... Thought I would pop in and say hello. Hope all is well with everyone.
I am going to post this in a few of the forums but I wanted to ask here too:
Ive been having some really strange dreams...
A little backround- My dad's father (my grandfather) passed away in Feb. last year at 94 years old. He had a stroke and never recovered. I was in Alberta and was driving through a snow storm in the middle of the night and most of the next day after his stroke to get home to the coast of BC before he passed away. I had just gotten into town and stopped at my parents house to drop off my dogs and go to the hospital when my mom called to say that he had just passed away. Literally within minutes of me getting into town, although I didnt make it to see him before he died. I have no guilt about not making it there in time, nor do I have a very strong realtionship with him to being with. I spent alot of my childhood at my grandparents house, but he was the strong silent type and didnt interact with the kids much. When I graduated from Paramedic school , he shocked everyone and gave me his dog tags from WW2. No one knew he had them, let alone wanted to give them to me. His only request was that one of the two tags was to be cremated with him when he died... which it was. I made sure that one was placed with him and I have the other at my house in a memory box hanging in our living room.
Anyway, I have been dreaming about him. ALOT. I dream that he keeps trying to take my baby. In my dreams he is alive and interacting with people in my dream like normal, but its not situations that I have from memory. He doesnt talk in the dream and its never a sitiation where I feel like hes being mean about taking the baby... he just tries to sneak around with her and keep her away from me. Kinda interesting that I always dream its a girl as well. I would love to have a boy and keep voicing that to people lately.
The whole thing has me a little shaken up since my grandfather is obviously dead and I dont know if or what it means to have a dead relative try to steal youor unborn baby. Im also pretty nervous since we go to the doc on friday to hear the heart beat.
Sorry this is so long!! I know that alot of people think that dreams and the afterlife and all that stuff is a bunch of crap.... Usually I have a very open mind about things so the fact that this is a dream/situation that keeps happening, I feel like hes trying to tell me something and Im just not getting it :(
Has anyone else had vivid dreams this far in??

Morning Ladies... Thought I would pop in and say hello. Hope all is well with everyone.
I am going to post this in a few of the forums but I wanted to ask here too:
Ive been having some really strange dreams...
A little backround- My dad's father (my grandfather) passed away in Feb. last year at 94 years old. He had a stroke and never recovered. I was in Alberta and was driving through a snow storm in the middle of the night and most of the next day after his stroke to get home to the coast of BC before he passed away. I had just gotten into town and stopped at my parents house to drop off my dogs and go to the hospital when my mom called to say that he had just passed away. Literally within minutes of me getting into town, although I didnt make it to see him before he died. I have no guilt about not making it there in time, nor do I have a very strong realtionship with him to being with. I spent alot of my childhood at my grandparents house, but he was the strong silent type and didnt interact with the kids much. When I graduated from Paramedic school , he shocked everyone and gave me his dog tags from WW2. No one knew he had them, let alone wanted to give them to me. His only request was that one of the two tags was to be cremated with him when he died... which it was. I made sure that one was placed with him and I have the other at my house in a memory box hanging in our living room.
Anyway, I have been dreaming about him. ALOT. I dream that he keeps trying to take my baby. In my dreams he is alive and interacting with people in my dream like normal, but its not situations that I have from memory. He doesnt talk in the dream and its never a sitiation where I feel like hes being mean about taking the baby... he just tries to sneak around with her and keep her away from me. Kinda interesting that I always dream its a girl as well. I would love to have a boy and keep voicing that to people lately.
The whole thing has me a little shaken up since my grandfather is obviously dead and I dont know if or what it means to have a dead relative try to steal youor unborn baby. Im also pretty nervous since we go to the doc on friday to hear the heart beat.
Sorry this is so long!! I know that alot of people think that dreams and the afterlife and all that stuff is a bunch of crap.... Usually I have a very open mind about things so the fact that this is a dream/situation that keeps happening, I feel like hes trying to tell me something and Im just not getting it :(
Has anyone else had vivid dreams this far in??

I have had many very vivid dreams since becoming pregnant. I try not to read too much into them as they are often not positive and cause stress... I have woken up many times in a cold sweat horrified of what i just dreamed.

Hi ladies! hoping everything is going alright with everyone... I'm 37+4 today starting to get really nervous about delivery and life with a baby!

Can I join you beautiful ladies in here even though I was imported to Washington in 2009?

Born in Ontario and raised in Winnipeg Manitoba

Hey ladies!

Well I am now 10+2 and have my 2nd midwife appt. today. She told me at my last appt. that we MIGHT be able to hear the HB today but if not, then in 2 weeks at my next appt. for sure! I heard it at 8+1 via ultrasound, it was amazing but DH wasn't there so I am hoping he gets to hear it today!

My question to the group is... did anyone hear the HB at 10+2 or earlier with a doppler?

Thanks ladies!

I have to agree with you about having vivid dreams, i can't believe it sometimes i wake up, and they almost ALWAYS include people from my past, old friends, ex boyfriend (yuck!), or relatives that are no longer with us. Its weird, and they are very rarely positive.

I also try not to read into them too much, its pretty crazy.

Hey ladies!

Well I am now 10+2 and have my 2nd midwife appt. today. She told me at my last appt. that we MIGHT be able to hear the HB today but if not, then in 2 weeks at my next appt. for sure! I heard it at 8+1 via ultrasound, it was amazing but DH wasn't there so I am hoping he gets to hear it today!

My question to the group is... did anyone hear the HB at 10+2 or earlier with a doppler?

Thanks ladies!

My midwife found it at 9+something but she was very surprised that she did...so hopefully you luck out too but don't stress if you don't!

I borrowed a friends Doppler at 10+3 and didn't find it again until after 12 weeks!

I also have been having really vivid dreams lately, and it probably doesn't help that my Hubby and I have started watching all the seasons of Lost. Now not only are they vivid dreams but they are really messed up too. Lol.

I also have been having really vivid dreams lately, and it probably doesn't help that my Hubby and I have started watching all the seasons of Lost. Now not only are they vivid dreams but they are really messed up too. Lol.

We have been doing that too! Just started season 6. I'll be glad to have a life back after it's done! So addicting we aren't even having sex lol.

My husband was away last night at a conference and I had vivid nightmares all night. I can't remember the last time I had a nightmare - figures it's when I'm home alone. Good thing I had my dogs to comfort me.

Today is my first weekly doctor's appointment - I can't believe I'm at this stage already. I think having weekly appointments is going to make it go by so much faster. The only crappy thing is the $3.50/half hour I have to pay for parking. How ridiculous.

Hi ladies, just catching up as I've had company for a week and haven't been on my computer. Whew, glad to have the house back to myself and get some cleaning done. Please excuse me if I miss anything as my "baby brain" is in full swing lately. First off Welcome to the new ladies! Good luck in your pregnancies. Our location just started offering what they refer to as "dating scans" which can happen anywhere after you notice you're pregnant. I had a super early one but had been trying for a while to get pregnant so my first doctor's appointment to confirm pregnancy was at 4 weeks and we scheduled a dating scan shortly after. My SIL had hers at 9 weeks - what a difference in baby development by then! The iphone app actually does work, have used it a few times and although it's not as clear as the one the doctor uses you can still hear HB and movement - pretty cool. I have no idea how they can get these things to work... technology! We didn't hear a HB this time until week 12 but with my first it was earlier, I think around 8 weeks? Not many dreams for me, I think I've just been so tired that I sleep like a rock, well, once baby stops moving around. This kid is going to have me running from day one, so active. The doctor told me yesterday that it's best I get lots of sleep now as it sounds like I'll have my hands full with a busy baby soon enough - thanks doctor. Other than that, we found a stroller finally and will be ordering it in the next few weeks. Baby room is ready to be set up and our LO is getting her "big girl bed" next week too. It's crazy how quickly the time is going by. I hope you all have a great week, better go and finish cleaning before my day gets consumed on here. :hi:

Hey ladies hows everyone dealing with this darn weather?
I'm not enjoying the and im not liking the rain an wind.
Im going to get a birthball and some rrt? tablets to start taking.
Hoping that it will help bring baby on time and not late.

One teddy bear: I live in Saskatoon, and it was hot and sunny all morning/early afternoon and just as i was getting off of work the rain clouds roll in... boo

Weather here in Victoria is pretty much an average island June...14-18 degrees and a mix of cloud, sun and of course rain!

Question: Does anyone know where to get maternity pads? I haven't really looked around but if anyone knows of any place that has them and wants to share, that'd be fantastic :)

Hey ladies!

Thanks ladies!

I actually heard my baby's heartbeat at 12 weeks and was surprised by that. My midwife used a doppler and it was pretty clear :)

Hi ladies! The weather here in Ottawa is nice...I mean it's nice for me as I've always preferred cooler temperatures and that has been emphasized now that I'm pregnant. 15deg right now and I love it :D

I'm nearing the 30 weeks mark and DH and I have all the big items we need for the nursery (crib, dresser/change table, rug, glider/ottoman, basinett). I have my baby shower on the 24th of this month and hoping that soon after that all baby shopping will be completed. Exciting time last trimester has been so far :)

Question: Does anyone know where to get maternity pads? I haven't really looked around but if anyone knows of any place that has them and wants to share, that'd be fantastic :)

Hey, I'm in Ottawa too! I see you're pretty close so you're probably so excited! I feel like I still have fgorever to go.

My neighbour got her maternity pads at Rexall when she had her baby (2 years ago). I haven't been it to check yet but it's on my list of to-do's as I put the hospital bag together.

Question for you; which hospital will you be giving birth in? I'm gonna go to the Civic as my midwife has previledges there but don't know much about the campus. Will be taking a tour of maternity unit on July 2nd.

Hi ladies,
-Medic: I've been meaning to write back about your question but my days seem to be getting shorter and shorter...Anyway, as someone who studied psychology in a previous life, I wanted to reassure you. Most of the vivid dreams by pregnant women reflect our deepest fears: losing the baby, baby being stolen, taken away, us losing control... So not to overanalyze but I think due to the connection you had with your grandpa, his recent passing and hormones, I think that it's normal that you'd be having this sort of dreams. It can also mean that you're sad he didn't get to see your baby....I promised not to analyze dreams, it's never really white and black!!

On a totally different subject is any of you ladies in early second trim showing? I think I have a tiny bump (they say one can feel the uterus below the belly button but am not sure how to look for mine).
This week my left breast started leaking too, not too much but drops of sticky stuff, I can't very much make what the colour is.

I am also getting worried that at 15 weeks my appetite hasn't come back, I am not hungry at all and I still have strong aversions to food that I really need like meat, poultry and cheese. What do I have to do? I am not so much nauseaous but I just don't feel like eating. When I force to eat I feel like throwing up.

Anyway, I hope all of you ladies are doing well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->