Canadian Ladies!! 1st, 2nd and 3rd trimesters.... Now everyone can stay in touch!

Hope everyone else is well! I just spent two nights in the hospital with galbladder issues. Being on the ward made it all the more real that I'm due to give birth in 5 weeks... EEEKKK!!!

Hey Snowgal,
Sorry that you had to go through that! Did they operate on you? I hope you are feeling better. Five weeks eh? I don't know how I'll be close to my due date since I passionately hate hospitals (something close to a phobia actually)Hang in there and feel better soon.

Hope everyone else is well! I just spent two nights in the hospital with galbladder issues. Being on the ward made it all the more real that I'm due to give birth in 5 weeks... EEEKKK!!!

Hey Snowgal,
Sorry that you had to go through that! Did they operate on you? I hope you are feeling better. Five weeks eh? I don't know how I'll be close to my due date since I passionately hate hospitals (something close to a phobia actually)Hang in there and feel better soon.

I am extremely uncomfortable in hospitals as well...so much so I am seriously considering a home birth. Well, fear of hospitals is not the only reason but it is a hugely motivating factor!

Hey Snowgal,

Thanks! They wont operate while I'm pregnant, so for now the plan is just to keep controlling the pain of any attacks and deal with it after the baby is born.

I thought about a home birth but I didn't want to have the stress of the preparation at home (I have a 2BR apartment, nice but small) , and also if there is any complications, I want to be seen by a doctor immediately....but yeah I hear you!!

I am extremely uncomfortable in hospitals as well...so much so I am seriously considering a home birth. Well, fear of hospitals is not the only reason but it is a hugely motivating factor!

That sucks....but hang in there, you're almost at the finish line! :hugs::flow::bike:

Hey Snowgal,
Thanks! They wont operate while I'm pregnant, so for now the plan is just to keep controlling the pain of any attacks and deal with it after the baby is born.

Not enjoying the weather! When it gets warm here I get so sick and then when its rainy I feel like just laying in bed all day haha there really is no winning.

So I'm getting so much closer to giving birth and am now having like 'buyers remorse' over babys name. It took us forever to get to a name we both agreed on and now i'm feeling unsure of it more and more the closer we get to our due date.

we have decided on Kane Christopher S. But i'm unsure of it now. I feel like we might be making the wrong choice. I hope this feeling goes away because it took us so long to get to a point that we even had a name. I thought I'd give birth to our little boy and he'd be nameless forever.

Hey ladies,
Had my first scan today.....All went perfect! Measuring 1 day ahead at 8+2. HEARD the heartbeat!!!!!!!!! 167bpm!

https://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q516/Lspence25/th_82b.jpg

https://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q516/Lspence25/th_82a.jpg

Hi ladies! It's my first time posting in here...I'm from Ottawa and only have 6 weeks left to go before LO gets here! Some days I feel like I have so long to go and other days I feel like I need more time!

Just a question for those who already have children - have you tried Costco brand diapers? If so, how were they? The price is so much better but I don't want to get them if they're crappy.

Thanks and I'm looking forward to chatting with other Canadian moms!

I've never used Costco brand, but I use Wal-Mart brand with my DD and they're great. Much cheaper for sure! Sometimes cheaper can still be good. :) I suggest get a small pack and give it a try, see how you like them.

I'm pregnant with my first so I have no experience myself, but I've heard the Costco diapers aren't great but the wipes are!

Yay!!! That is great news congratulations!

Hey ladies,
Had my first scan today.....All went perfect! Measuring 1 day ahead at 8+2. HEARD the heartbeat!!!!!!!!! 167bpm!

https://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q516/Lspence25/th_82b.jpg

https://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q516/Lspence25/th_82a.jpg

Welcome on the forum! I am from Ottawa too! Good question about Costco diapers, I am interested in hearing the answer. Are you having the baby at home or at the hospital? If yes, which hospital?
Hi ladies! It's my first time posting in here...I'm from Ottawa and only have 6 weeks left to go before LO gets here! Some days I feel like I have so long to go and other days I feel like I need more time!

Just a question for those who already have children - have you tried Costco brand diapers? If so, how were they? The price is so much better but I don't want to get them if they're crappy.

Welcome on the forum! I am from Ottawa too! Good question about Costco diapers, I am interested in hearing the answer. Are you having the baby at home or at the hospital? If yes, which hospital?

Nice to meet another Ottawa mom-to-be! I'm having the baby at the Queensway-Carleton, it's like a 5 minute drive from my apartment, and I've heard from lots of people that it's a great hospital for labour & delivery. How about you?

I know a few women who really like the costco diapers! Give em a try!

I have a friend that swears by costco diapers, for the price I bought a box and will try them out, I'm hoping they are as great as she says. She is also a big fan of the wipes....

Kirkland is who makes those diapers. Kirkland is a company owned by the same clump of companies that Higgins belongs too. Just like cars... Dodge and keep are owned by the same bar company. There is only a difference in the pattern on the diaper and sometimes colors. Lol

Good to know! We will be using cloth but Kirkland may be useful in emergencies :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->