Canadian Ladies!! 1st, 2nd and 3rd trimesters.... Now everyone can stay in touch!

Hey ladies just wanted to share that we found out today we are having a BOY!

Congrats!

Shadowy- I got overnight ones too. Can't really tell you how they fare until afterwards. I think its a personal preference thing and we'll all have to experiment which ones fit us best. Seems like the motto for pregnancy is "everyone is different."

Lilosmom and Lemongrass - ok, I'll just go in and get a big pack of the overnight maxi ones. I think i'll grab some nipple pads too so I can start packing my hospital bag. Hopefully Zellers has those too.

My baby shower is this Sunday and I'm getting so excited! After that we can finalize all of our baby items pending what's left to buy. My mom made our nursery curtains yesterday (couldn't find any curtains in the shade of coral I wanted). So things are well under way :)

Hey ladies just wanted to share that we found out today we are having a BOY!
Congrats! It's so exciting to know the sex! I remember going a bit crazy with the baby shopping when we found out

My baby shower is this Sunday and I'm getting so excited! After that we can finalize all of our baby items pending what's left to buy. My mom made our nursery curtains yesterday (couldn't find any curtains in the shade of coral I wanted). So things are well under way :)

So fun! I can't wait to be out of the first trimester and all the fun stuff happens! I'm going to go on such a big shopping spree.

The shopping sprees have already started! I cannot wait to know if I am shopping for pink or blue because all I get right now is really cute gender neutral stuff (for Father's Day yesterday I got my hubby a My Daddy Rocks onesie with a guitar on it!)

I go in exactly 1 week for my 12 week ultrasound.........so nervous and so excited that I don't have to hide it anymore.

So fun! I can't wait to be out of the first trimester and all the fun stuff happens! I'm going to go on such a big shopping spree.

first trimester will pass before you know it :) in my experience 3rd trimester is the slowest one yet :( and that's when all the aches and pains starts. 2nd trimester was the most fun for me.

I have a feeling I still have to do a lot of shopping after my shower as most ppl I know just buy things they want without looking at registeries:nope: which sucks but am still grateful.

first trimester will pass before you know it :) in my experience 3rd trimester is the slowest one yet :( and that's when all the aches and pains starts. 2nd trimester was the most fun for me.

I have a feeling I still have to do a lot of shopping after my shower as most ppl I know just buy things they want without looking at registeries:nope: which sucks but am still grateful.

I agree, second trimester was the best time. I didn't even find out I was pregnant until my second trimester so all I got to experience out of first was being really sick, and I didn't know it was due to being pregnant, haha. Even up until about 34 weeks was fine, but at this point it's starting to get really uncomfortable.

Just a tidbit of exciting news: the hospital I'll be giving birth in offers laughing gas for pain relief! Now I (hopefully) won't have to do the epidural.

Also, the ladies who are breastfeeding, are you using disposable nursing pads or rewashable ones?

With my DD I tried the washable but they soaked right through really quickly. Went with disposable - Johnson and Johnson ones, in a blue box. Tried a few other brands (had some samples) but liked these best. I would love to use the washable but it didn't work for me.

The Johnson disposables were my fav. too! They seemed to work the best for me.

ya my friend also recommended the Johnson ones ..she started out with the reusable ones and said disposable just worked better for her.

I've already got a couple of packs from Babies R Us stashed away :D

Congrats on the blue bump gaiagirl!

We're still team yellow and haven't purchased anything for baby other than the bedroom set and a stroller. I had a dream last night however that I went out and bought the only blue baby girl clothes I could find... what ever that means? Still don't have a feeling either way on gender this time but everyone I have talked to thinks this one is a boy. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

I tried both disposable and reusable nursing pads and also found that the reusables soaked through rather quickly.

Good luck with the ultrasound Greens25. Such an exciting time.

Theraphosidae, I hope you can tough out the birth without an epidural. Our hospital also offers the gas as pain control alternative. It's nice to know there are other ways of dealing with the pain that have less impact on baby and mom. Good luck!

Shadowy Lady - enjoy your shower!

Hi gals, I am hoping I can join this thread. :) Better late than never, right?!

Welcome YikesBaby! Never too late, that is the coolest thing about this thread, aside from being Canadian...all different stages together!

You ladies are making me miss the excitment of the first and second tri!
I am due in less than 10 days and have no signs of labour... my doc told me this morning to prepair myself for a July baby..... I have reached the point I don't think i'm ready for labour, but I am also not as content with still being pregnant!

ShadowyLady - I read your story about your MW in another thread. What city are you in??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->