Canadian Ladies!! 1st, 2nd and 3rd trimesters.... Now everyone can stay in touch!

Hey Medic,
All that beautiful skies talk make us Ontarian ladies feel jealous!!!!
That's big news that you're moving closer to your family! Lucky girl! Hopefully the one year mat leave will help you transition smoothly into a new job!
I meant to ask, do you want to know baby's sex or want to play on team yellow? I myself do not have the patience required to wait for surprises!! Ask my parents how hard it was for them to keep me away from my christmas gifts ahead of the actual day!! :headspin:

I'm in northern northern Alberta ... Where the sky is light till midnight and it's daylight again by 4 am :). Lucky us hey? Just imagine the writer where there's only four hours of light during the day. Lol.

Big news!! We will be movin back to the coast of BC when I'm 33 weeks. Back to my home town to be close to family I'm so excited but nervous to leave my career. Hopefully it all works out!

We are staying team yellow... its kind of a tradition in my family to not find out. Everyone does a big "Baby Pool" to guess the date, weight and gender and its like a 50/50 draw with the half going to babies school fund. I have no desire to find out the sex. My biggest obsession right now is how it looks. I have a 3D ultrasound booked at 20 weeks, 27 weeks and 35 weeks :)

I'm in northern northern Alberta ... Where the sky is light till midnight and it's daylight again by 4 am :). Lucky us hey? Just imagine the writer where there's only four hours of light during the day. Lol.

Big news!! We will be movin back to the coast of BC when I'm 33 weeks. Back to my home town to be close to family I'm so excited but nervous to leave my career. Hopefully it all works out!

Haha I went on a road trip up to Alberta and then across to Whitehorse back in June of 2010 and remember taking photos of the "night" sky at 11pm, Midnight and 1am as well... Never thought I'd be so "glad" to see nothing because it was too dark LOL

What part of the coast are you guys moving back to? :)

We are moving back to Kitimat BC... where the oil pipeline is going :)

Kitimat is beautiful...but I have to say, that pipeline is NOT going through. At least I sure as hell hope not!

Quick way to destroy our rivers, Rockies and our coastline.

BC is 70% opposed to the project, for economic and environmental reasons. I could go on, but Ill stop!

Kitimat is beautiful...but I have to say, that pipeline is NOT going through. At least I sure as hell hope not!

Quick way to destroy our rivers, Rockies and our coastline.

BC is 70% opposed to the project, for economic and environmental reasons. I could go on, but Ill stop!

It's a

I LOVE the 50/50 draw idea... i think I might have to copy that! :thumbup:

Had my baby boy! Rowan Carter was born June 21 at 6:01pm 8lbs 12 oz and 20.5inches long.

Congrats on the arrival of your little man! Hope you are getting on well.

If we could afford to live on Van Island that would be my pick! I do love Saskatchewan though!!! Only 46 sleeps until we visit the inlaws on the island!!!

I've been experiencing lots of pain in my round ligament area... holy crow its uncomfortable! I'm going to see my chiropractor and massage therapist tomorrow to get some relief!

I had my baby shower yesterday. It was hosted at my parents by my mom and two sisters. It was quite a big affair as for us Persians more is more, lol! There were about 70 women in there with a tone of snacks, food, and gift. I was so humbled with everyone's presence and all the attention this baby is getting already.

Now cannot wait for her to actually be born :)

Had my baby boy! Rowan Carter was born June 21 at 6:01pm 8lbs 12 oz and 20.5inches long.

Congrats! Hope all is well with u and bubs:)

If we could afford to live on Van Island that would be my pick! I do love Saskatchewan though!!! Only 46 sleeps until we visit the inlaws on the island!!!

I've been experiencing lots of pain in my round ligament area... holy crow its uncomfortable! I'm going to see my chiropractor and massage therapist tomorrow to get some relief!

Ya I have those too sooo frustrating. Im scheduled to see my chropractor this week.

Just to revisit the maternity pad conversation! I had bought LOTTSS of very thick pads for after baby. I think it was Always overnight maximum protection maxi. by the time I got home I was already using regular ultra thin pads- and probably could just use panty liners.
I know its different for everyone but dont panic about finding large pads.

Just to revisit the maternity pad conversation! I had bought LOTTSS of very thick pads for after baby. I think it was Always overnight maximum protection maxi. by the time I got home I was already using regular ultra thin pads- and probably could just use panty liners.
I know its different for everyone but dont panic about finding large pads.

Thank you for this. I hope I'll be as lucky as you and won't need too many super thick pads. My mom said she only bled for 10 days and I hope I take after her :D

I will stock up on the Maxi's just in case though

Congrats!!

I don't know how inexpensive Saskatchewan is, but there are definitely some cheaper spots on the island! We're trying to move up to Courtenay, house's are pretty much half the price there as in Victoria. Campbell River is even cheaper. I may be biased but I love this island so much I think that the whole thing is fantastic.

Congratulations! That is some exciting news! And welcome into the World Baby Rowan (what a beautiful name btw)! I hope you are doing well SnowGal! When you get a chance put some pictures !!

Obviously I agree about Vancouver Island, LOL. The most beautiful place on earth, bar none! I certainly pay the price $$$$ living in Victoria but I wouldn't trade it for the world. Hence my passionate spiel against that damn pipeline project, haha. It's so important that we keep this island and our coastline clean and beautiful!

I can't wait to share all my favorite places on this island with our kids! I'm so grateful that they get to grow up here :)

Obviously I agree about Vancouver Island, LOL. The most beautiful place on earth, bar none! I certainly pay the price $$$$ living in Victoria but I wouldn't trade it for the world. Hence my passionate spiel against that damn pipeline project, haha. It's so important that we keep this island and our coastline clean and beautiful!

I can't wait to share all my favorite places on this island with our kids! I'm so grateful that they get to grow up here :)

Me too! As a kid the only vacations we had were exploring the island and it was fantastic. I don't know if you've been up to the north island but I lived there as a small kid and my husband is from there and I am so happy that my kids will get to see it and explore. It is so rugged and wild and beautiful. We're going to take them on my FIL's boat and go fishing and hiking and exploring. I couldn't live up there, far too remote for me but I love to visit up there.

Congrats on your baby boy SnowGal! I hope everything went well and that you and baby are adjusting to this very new life. Wishing you all the best!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->