Canadian Ladies!! 1st, 2nd and 3rd trimesters.... Now everyone can stay in touch!

All cute names ladies!

I love Liam and that was our top pick, but my uncle is named Liam so I feel like it's a bit weird to name the baby Liam...like will family think we named him AFTER the uncle!?!?

yeah..thats my thoughts too when picking names. i won't pick a name that i know a person (family/friend/co-worker) with that name.

https://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q516/Lspence25/babyspence.jpg

Hey ladies!
Here is my 12 week scan pic! SO relieved everything is ok! Now I wait until Aug 13 to find out if it's team pink or blue!

I agree, all cute names! Congrats Greens! I can't wait till my own scan in 5 days. I just want to see my baby and hear it's heartbeat!

Congrats Green on the 12 Week scan. It sure takes away a lot of nervousness , at least it did for me.

https://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q516/Lspence25/babyspence.jpg

Hey ladies!
Here is my 12 week scan pic! SO relieved everything is ok! Now I wait until Aug 13 to find out if it's team pink or blue!

So yesterday at the Doctor's appointment, she told me that a recent study has shown that mothers are the best predictors of their babies gender, certainly better than the usual old wives tales (If you're carrying low it's a boy....)
The study said that in 85% of the cases mamas knew the baby's gender somehow and they could predict it without any scientific evidence.
It made me smile, knowing that whatever bonds a mother to her baby is stronger than anything else in this world. Carrying a child is the best thing I have ever done in my life :) Wishing you all a happy pregnancy !

Sofia Calista is beautiful and definitely not very common :)
We haven't decided on middle names yet...I forgot about those!!

Thanks ladies :) on the subject of names, our daughter will be called Sofia Calista. I picked the first name (based on my childhood crush on Sofia Loren) and my hubby picked the middle name.

Babylovedream - I'm giving birth at the Civic too as that's where my midwife has priviledges. It's good for us as we live about 7 minutes drive away from the Civic. My midwifery clinic is on Albion Rd (Ottawa Midwives South) which is close to my work. I love both Zara and Liam, super cute! My friend who had a baby last year called hers Zara too :)

Lemongrass - Vivian is adorable! It's more unique nowadays and has a nice tone to it :)

Congrats Green. My 12 week scan also put my mind at ease!

As for name Me and OH didnt pick a name till about 30 weeks. Boys names are so much more difficult then girls names for us. OH had a huge list girl names he like but when it came to boys names he didnt like anything.

We have picked Kane as our little boys name :flower:

Hi Oneteddybear,
How have you been? Kane is beautiful name! Short, sweet and kinda manly I think !
On my list of boys I also had Chad, but DH happens to have a friend of the same name so that one is out too.

As for name Me and OH didnt pick a name till about 30 weeks. Boys names are so much more difficult then girls names for us. OH had a huge list girl names he like but when it came to boys names he didnt like anything.

Hi ladies, I love all the name choices so far. I'm stuck as hubby and I had a boy and girl name picked from our last pregnancy that we didn't use and he seems to think we can just use them for this time but I feel like I need to revisit them as there's just something not right... not sure what it is but I'll have to narrow down a list over the next few weeks and give them to OH to review. The original names were Natalie or Nathan but now they just seem hoe-hum to me? Maybe it's the hormones or the fact that I really can't decide what this baby will be - mother's intuition was totally true with my last pregnancy as from about 8 weeks on I just knew I was having a girl. This time around I fluctuate quite regularly from girl to boy. I guess we'll see at delivery time.

Congrats on the healthy scan greens - nice to see there's actually a baby in there isn't it!

Glad to hear the rest of the recent appointments went well too. I have one next week.

No big plans for the weekend. Hopefully our LO will be able to stay away for the fire works display but if not then that's okay too. We were going to go camping but that just isn't working out. Oh well, there's still 3 months of camping weather to go... enjoy your long weekends everyone, what ever it is that you end up doing.

My husband and I are terrible for agreeing on names! The only name we both like for a girl is Alexandra. He hates everything I like!
Glad to read about all those great scans! Mine is coming up super quick. In fact this entire pregnancy has been flying by! I guess I've been so busy that I don't have a lot of time to think about it, I feel bad sometimes I hardly have a chance to think of this little baby! My husband and I are a couple weeks away from closing on a house we've put an offer on and the crazy amount of paperwork we've had to submit to the mortgage company has taken up a lot of my time! So glad it's almost done...

My husband and I are terrible for agreeing on names! He hates everything I like!

sounds like my hubby and i ... lol. i wrote down hundrets of names and he crossed out as good as all of them...

can't wait till the 20 week ultrasound, so we can finally know what it will be and only think of either boy or girl names.

Hey ladies! I've been off the computer for a while - internet was down. Which is really crappy being on maternity leave.

I had an ultrasound last week and the baby's estimated weight was 7lbs 7oz, but the ultrasound tech said that it could be off by half a pound in either direction. Which means he could be 7 lbs, but also means he could be 8 lbs, haha. She also said that his head was so low down she couldn't get a good shot of his face. I have another appt this Thursday. Everyone said this whole pregnancy that he was going to come early, so I know he's going to be overdue just because of that, haha.

Happy belated Canada Day ladies! I'm not happy to be back at my desk...I quite enjoyed my relaxing long weekend.

Theraphosidae - good luck with the few days you have left. I'm so jealous! I still have 8 weeks to go! And do we all get u/s at week 39?

DH and I did the hospital tour yesterday (I'm giving birth at the Civic Campus in Ottawa). I quite liked the presentation. The Civic is very open minded with different kinda labour so now I know they won't be pushing drugs on me like some other hospitals may. We will have the birthing ball, birthing bars, 2-person tub and 2-person showers in labour room. They also have the walking epidurals (I don't want an epidural but it's good to know in case I have a super long labour).

They're also giving us all diapers and pads needed for the hospital stay as well as the medication needed for the days that follow. They encouraged us to bring our own pillows though.

I'm now just counting the days to labour :D

Hi Oneteddybear,
How have you been? Kane is beautiful name! Short, sweet and kinda manly I think !
On my list of boys I also had Chad, but DH happens to have a friend of the same name so that one is out too.

Sometimes I think that men just dont like anything at all... besides a nice cold beer and late night lovin!! lol. Ya my OH wouldnt pick any name that he knew someone with that name:dohh:

I should've posted this with my last thing but I forgot. What a lovely brain I got.

I had my 37 week appointment yesterday and if I dont go into labor before 39 weeks, I will be getting induced! I'm not excited about being induced but I am super excited about getting to meet our little man. Which means TWO WEEKS MAX!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Theraphosidae - good luck with the few days you have left. I'm so jealous! I still have 8 weeks to go! And do we all get u/s at week 39?

Thanks! I'm thinking I'm going to go overdue, but hopefully not by much. I've been having a lot of tightenings and lower back pain for the past week so hopefully that's building up to something.

I'm not sure if everyone gets an ultrasound this late or not, I think it depends on your doctor. I wasn't expecting one, but he wanted to check on the baby's size so it was nice. I'm sure if your doctor didn't mention it and you asked for one, you'd get sent for one.

Just wanted to wish those ladies on the verge of becoming mommies "good luck"! I hope everything goes smoothly with the delivery of your little ones!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->