Canadian Ladies!! 1st, 2nd and 3rd trimesters.... Now everyone can stay in touch!

Lemongrass - I haven't been past Port Alberni/Tofino too many times, just a few. It is gorgeous though!!!!

Lemongrass - I haven't been past Port Alberni/Tofino too many times, just a few. It is gorgeous though!!!!

That's mid island to me lol :) There is about 6 more hours of driving past that! So many people don't know about it but it is so beautiful.

Oh I know, lol. I meant I haven't made the trek past the mid point many times! Ive been to Port Hardy a few times though and I have friends from PH and Port McNeill :)

Oh I know, lol. I meant I haven't made the trek past the mid point many times! Ive been to Port Hardy a few times though and I have friends from PH and Port McNeill :)

Oh good lol. Too many times I've heard someone in Victoria say that they are going to the north island and when I say where they say Nanaimo! They haven't heard of Campbell River! You'd think the north island was another planet down here.

Haha, yes I think if you asked most Victorians to draw a map of the island it would look a bit warped ;)

I grew up in Nanaimo, which made going up island (all the way) easier than now living in Vic!

I agree, its about a 6 hour trip to my inlaws. Worth it though!

Had my baby boy! Rowan Carter was born June 21 at 6:01pm 8lbs 12 oz and 20.5inches long.

Congrats!!

If we could afford to live on Van Island that would be my pick! I do love Saskatchewan though!!! Only 46 sleeps until we visit the inlaws on the island!!!

I don't know how inexpensive Saskatchewan is, but there are definitely some cheaper spots on the island! We're trying to move up to Courtenay, house's are pretty much half the price there as in Victoria. Campbell River is even cheaper. I may be biased but I love this island so much I think that the whole thing is fantastic.

My Inlaws are from Campbell River ( and DH grew up in CR and Port hardy) ! We just bought a 4 bedroom 2 bath 1200sq house for $106,000 in rural Sask... I do agree buying a house on the island is def do-able... its finding jobs that pay well that is the main problem! Maybe we will retire out there :flower:

Ok ladies - we have a gigantic board of boys names going in our house, it's ridiculous I need to narrow it down.

We aren't sharing the names with any of our friends/family so this is the only place I can get opinions! Please help :)

I have always loved Finley (Finn).

I am also really loving Grayson right now too!

Thoughts?!?!

gaiagirl - Finn is super cute and not super common, which I like. :) My colleague just named her little guy Grayson Tiberius... also cute. :)

Grayson!! It was one of my picks but my husband veto'd it.

Ok ladies - we have a gigantic board of boys names going in our house, it's ridiculous I need to narrow it down.

We aren't sharing the names with any of our friends/family so this is the only place I can get opinions! Please help :)

I have always loved Finley (Finn).

I am also really loving Grayson right now too!

Thoughts?!?!

I really love both of them!

I love Grayson! Thats a great choice!

My husband and I agreed instantly on girl names, but have yet to agree on a boys name :(

We are having a hard time on any names, boy or girl! We'll have to have something picked by February though lol

Hope all you ladies are doing great! Any plans for Canada Day? Hubby and I will be at my folks for a BBQ and use their pool. I live in Ottawa and going downtown for Canada Day has gotten old for us now, lol! Plus downtown would be packed and I don't tolerate heat very well.

I just came back from my prenatal appt and everythings is still a-ok! Baby's still head down and she measures right on date. I have now put on 14 lbs since the start of the pregnancy and feel pretty healthy :D My midwife also told me today that I can borrow the TENS machine from the clinic for my labour as of week 38 (free of charge), yey!!

On the name issues, we didn't look at names at all until we knew the sex but I always thought boy names were harder to decide on. For the girl, first name was easy as I had always known what I wanted my daughter's name to be...middle name took us a while though :D

Good news, Shadowy lady!
We have only one name picked out as a possibility! We haven't really thought too much about it. I keep going to websites and not liking any names and closing the browser lol. I'm going to buy a baby name book and sit down with my husband and probably read it cover to cover lol. The name we do have picked out is Vivian, we both really like it.

Great news Shadowy lady!
I know Parliament Hill on Canada Day is packed and I usually love going there but this time I will have to pass. Like you I don't do well with the heat and these days the crowds too.

Where are you having the baby? The Civic? My Doctor's appointment (I happen to have had one today too) went very well--I go to the Women's Clinic on Cleopatra Drive -off Merivale. She said TO DRINK a lot because I am having light on and off cramps. But little baby is doing well, heart rate is like a champion's :)
For now we are calling him fruit and veggies names depending on his size every week (this week he-she is Sweet Potato.
But we have the names ready too!! Well,kind of. We are going with Zara for a girl and Liam for a boy :) What do you ladies think?

And on the
Hope all you ladies are doing great! Any plans for Canada Day? Hubby and I will be at my folks for a BBQ and use their pool. I live in Ottawa and going downtown for Canada Day has gotten old for us now, lol! Plus downtown would be packed and I don't tolerate heat very well.

I just came back from my prenatal appt and everythings is still a-ok! Baby's still head down and she measures right on date. I have now put on 14 lbs since the start of the pregnancy and feel pretty healthy :D My midwife also told me today that I can borrow the TENS machine from the clinic for my labour as of week 38 (free of charge), yey!!

On the name issues, we didn't look at names at all until we knew the sex but I always thought boy names were harder to decide on. For the girl, first name was easy as I had always known what I wanted my daughter's name to be...middle name took us a while though :D

Hi Lemongrass,
I love Vivian, it's such a cute name!

Good news, Shadowy lady!
We have only one name picked out as a possibility! We haven't really thought too much about it. I keep going to websites and not liking any names and closing the browser lol. I'm going to buy a baby name book and sit down with my husband and probably read it cover to cover lol. The name we do have picked out is Vivian, we both really like it.

Ooh, Vivian, Zara and Liam are all cute!!!

For me, if it's a girl it will be Avery (hubby has no choice in the matter, I am convinced that's it!) and if it's a boy I like Caleb and Parker. :)

Thanks ladies :) on the subject of names, our daughter will be called Sofia Calista. I picked the first name (based on my childhood crush on Sofia Loren) and my hubby picked the middle name.

Babylovedream - I'm giving birth at the Civic too as that's where my midwife has priviledges. It's good for us as we live about 7 minutes drive away from the Civic. My midwifery clinic is on Albion Rd (Ottawa Midwives South) which is close to my work. I love both Zara and Liam, super cute! My friend who had a baby last year called hers Zara too :)

Lemongrass - Vivian is adorable! It's more unique nowadays and has a nice tone to it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->