Canadian Ladies!! 1st, 2nd and 3rd trimesters.... Now everyone can stay in touch!

Good luck for the ladies getting close!!

I had my dating scan today and the baby is all healthy and good! Even moved around a bunch for us. I can't believe how amazing it was to see it!! The only downside is that I'm 3 days less pregnant haha.

Yes, GL to all the ladies who are getting ready to pop! I am so excited for you!!!

Like lemongrass, I had my first scan today too... and I am am 3 days more pregnant, but my due date will stay the same to avoid induction if baby wants to keep baking in the oven past my due date. :)

What a massive relief to see that little heart beating. It finally, finally feels real. I think I was protecting myself from getting attached until I knew things were okay. I actually asked the U/S tech... "So, is there a little bean in there??" Phew... now I can breathe.

I went out afterward and bought hubby a book about pregnancy and a little card to put the U/S photo in... since he couldn't make it to this one. Now if only he would say more than two words about it... (though I admit, having the in-laws here, who don't know, makes it a bit more difficult).

Lemongrass and Yikesbaby - congrats on your 12w ultrasounds. They told me I was a week more pregnant that I thought when I did my 12 week scan so my midwife moved my due date forward by a week. I guess she can be born anytime between the tow dates really.

I thought I share some nursery pics with you ladies. Our colours are beige, sage green and coral and we picked owls as the theme. Let me know what you think :happydance:

Attachments

• IMG_2529.jpg
    IMG_2529.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2519.JPG
    IMG_2519.JPG
    21 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2520.jpg
    IMG_2520.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2521.jpg
    IMG_2521.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2522.jpg
    IMG_2522.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 7
Ahh great news all around! Good luck/congrats to the ladies getting ready to meet their LOs and congratulations to the ladies who just saw theirs for the first time (and of course hi to all the ones in between)!

I'm starting to get geared up to tell our families the big news and since no one even knew we were TTC it should come as a good surprise! Any of you have some good stories from when you told?

Love the room, Shadowy!

Ahh great news all around! Good luck/congrats to the ladies getting ready to meet their LOs and congratulations to the ladies who just saw theirs for the first time (and of course hi to all the ones in between)!

I'm starting to get geared up to tell our families the big news and since no one even knew we were TTC it should come as a good surprise! Any of you have some good stories from when you told?

We told right away and my husband told his father on the phone. All I heard was loud, excited muffles in a higher pitch than his normal voice. Laughed my ass off.

Lemongrass and Yikesbaby - congrats on your 12w ultrasounds. They told me I was a week more pregnant that I thought when I did my 12 week scan so my midwife moved my due date forward by a week. I guess she can be born anytime between the tow dates really.

I thought I share some nursery pics with you ladies. Our colours are beige, sage green and coral and we picked owls as the theme. Let me know what you think :happydance:

Thanks!!

I love, love, love your nursery. I am 'slightly' obsessed with owls so this suits me to a T! Can I move in too? LOL

Love it Shadowy! What a lovely room!! Love the owls, and the tree on wall is beautiful too!

Shadowy, I love your nursery! It's beautiful!

I had another doctor's appt today (it's like they're all the time! haha) and he did a cervix check (I'm less than 1 cm dilated..boo) but he also did a sweep. So far I've just been cramping and there's been a bit of blood but nothing else. They booked me in for another ultrasound on Tuesday to check the fluid levels if I go overdue. Hopefully I don't make it until then, but you never know.

Beautiful nursery! We are just getting started on ours :) Exciting!

Glad to hear everyones doing good!

I'm not sure where all has a Once Apon A Child but just so you ladies know if you have on close by they have a 50% off sale going on this weekend! They are a gently used store but they do also have new items. I was there already this week and got some really great deals on some big items. Just thought I'd share my money saving knowledge. :happydance:

Hi Ladies. Thought I would stop in and say Hey, and good luck to everyone getting close. We shoudl start posting bump pictures!! I have one from 15 weeks but I keep forgetting to take them :( I plan on taking on every week from now on. The belly is still coming and going and I dont even look pregnant at all when Im in my uniform, which is nice. Ive started wearing tee shirts that I avoided before since I hated my middle but now that I have an excuse to rock the belly, I am... every single day. :)

We bought a doppler to listen to baby and thats become our thing when we are getting into bed. Its so crazy to hear how much baby is moving around already. We heard hiccups last week too.. like giant bubbles popping. At night, if I lay flat on my back and am squishing around with the doppler I can get baby to ball up on one side and DH can feel him/her:happydance:. Its very cute. It feels like a big hard ball in there, and then baby gets impatient and swims off to the other side. lol

DH has taken to kissing my belly goodbye in the morning before he leaves for work and telling baby that he loves it.:cloud9: Makes me fall in love with him all over again. DH bought a leather rocker recliner from Ashleys for the baby and I... our cuddle chair/my push present. I love it :) We picked out a Phil and Teds stroller after researching for a month about what we want (I LOVE LOVE LOVE the peanut bassinette for it). The best part about the stroller (since we arent finding out the sex) is that you can order inserts for the seats that are different colors so you can change the look of the black stroller to suit you or your baby. I have three huge (161 L) tupperware bins going with all different gender clothing. A boys, girls and a neutral.. plus a bin for all the bedding and accessories.:blush:

We are off to Calgary next week for a family event and I have a big list of shopping to do since it will be the only time that we will be close to a city untill after the baby comes. I have been hunting on Kijiji for clothing to buy second hand, since I am sooo against a brand new wardrobe for a growing baby that costs sooo much... Just seems silly. :dohh:

I booked a 3D ultrasound on July 21st in Calgary as well. Im beyond excited since the last time we saw baby it was more of a jelly bean then a baby at 8 weeks. Ill post pictures when I have them. Our 20 week scan is in two weeks and my half way check up is also that week.... Plus, my mom is coming for two weeks to visit. So much going on!!

Whew! Sorry for the giant post. I need to start coming on here more often :winkwink:.

Hope everyone is well...
One last quick question: I have been looking up gender prediction stuff... and everything is tell me its a girl, which is odd since I have hoped for a boy (for some past reasons, but I really dont care either way :) ) but I FEEL like its a girl. I read a thing online that said that most women could, up to 85 %, predict the gender of their baby correctly just by intuition. Any opinions?? Has anyone 'felt' what baby is before birth and then was right??

Hey medic,

Thanks for the great post! You are making me so excited to shop!! I will have to check out this stroller unit you've ordered, it sounds awesome. As for clothes, second hand is totally the way to go. :thumbup:

I also hope my DH is a cute as yours as time goes on... I don't think it seems real to him just yet because my tummy is just bloaty at this point. :)

I can't speak from experience about gender intuition, but I am convinced we're having a girl (even though I was sure I wanted a boy) and I have this feeling she will come on Jan 21st. Who knows where this is coming from... but I've decided to start a baby journal to see if my premonitions change and/or if they are accurate at all. Happy and healthy is really all that matters to me.

:hugs:

Hello folks, just popping in..pregnant with my first...almost there...living in Grande Prairie, AB for about 5 years, born and raised in Thunder Bay, ON though....:flower:

Oh!! I forgot to share my scan pic!!

Attached is my little bean at 10 weeks. :)

Attachments

• 10 weeks cropped.jpg
    10 weeks cropped.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 7
I had a feeling that DD was a girl and was right! With this one, took a little while but I started feeling boy eventually, now I keep saying "he" and have to conciously remind myself that it could be a girl, so I need to prepare myself it could be! I keep thinking boy though, maybe cause I'm kinda hoping for one!

For used clothing- most towns have a Facebook group that is a mom's swap and shop- I've been buying off of there- $1-$2 most items!!

My sister thought for sure she was having a boy, we all did. Lovely little girl she has lol.

My husband has talked to the baby just once and that was the day of our dating scan. He was apologizing to the baby for being poked and prodded lol.

Hi ladies
I guess I should introduce myself. my name is Sandy and I'm 29 pg with my first very excited and scared all at the same time. me and Df have been ttc for almost 2 years and I'm just starting to get used to posting on the pg thread instead of the ttc ones. I've kinda been on the first tri groups but seeing this Canadian one I thought I'd join you ladies I hope you don't mind. I'm due jan 27 and have my first scan july 19

welcome all new members :)

I had absolutely no "feeling" about what the gender. My DH was 100% sure since the day we found out we were expecting that is was a girl but i had no clue. I knew that it didn't matter either way.....then at 20w scan they told us that it was a girl and he's like "see? i'm always right" lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->