Canadian Ladies!! 1st, 2nd and 3rd trimesters.... Now everyone can stay in touch!

Hi and welcome to the new ladies - glad to have you on board. Beautiful nursery Shadowy, the colors are lovely. Soon enough there'll be a little baby to add to that room - exciting! Medic, I did "just know" I was having a little girl with my last pregnancy right from the start. Turned out to be correct. This time around I'm on the fence. Some days it's a "he" and others "she". Everyone around me says boy so I guess I'll either have those "I told you so" moments at the hospital or some very shocked faces. Either way it'll be a nice surprise at the end.

How r u girls all feeling? I' having one of those back cramp days, totally uncomfortable on my chair in the office.

DH and I did our maternity photoshoot this past Friday and cannot wait to see the results. We used the same photographer we had for our engagement, wedding and 3rd wedding anniversary photos. Anyone else doing maternity shots? If so can you share pics?

Oooh, I totally want to do maternity shots and I already know who I am going to use to take the shots... now I just need to be patient. :)

Oh, and I am feeling slightly less bloated today which is great. I hope I get a proper bump soon!

medic - what kind of doppler did you get and where did you get it? On the gender prediction, my SIL was sure she was having a girl and it was. I'm feeling boy for myself but have to wait until Septemberish to find out!

Oddly I've been having a bit of nausea the past few days after not having anything up until now. We've told my brother, SIL and parents and are telling my boss and a few friends today. It's a strange relief/overwhelming feeling!

medic - what kind of doppler did you get and where did you get it? On the gender prediction, my SIL was sure she was having a girl and it was. I'm feeling boy for myself but have to wait until Septemberish to find out!

Oddly I've been having a bit of nausea the past few days after not having anything up until now. We've told my brother, SIL and parents and are telling my boss and a few friends today. It's a strange relief/overwhelming feeling!

I found a SonoTrax Doppler for sale in our area. A coworker had a high risk multiples pregnancy two years ago and bought it full price for 299$. She sold it for 145$ used. It's actually better then to one in emergency here at the hospital. Lol. Our baby moves and it sounds like its waving around a light saber in there. Last week we got to hear hiccups too. We listen to baby every night for a few minutes. It's kinda a bonding thing for DH since he can't feel baby yet and I have a hard time feeling kicks because of where my placenta is. I can feel it beter then 12 weeks but there's a lot I miss cause Shes kicking straight into my mushy placenta. Lol.

Hi guys, Im from Canada and Im around 6 weeks pregnant (i think). I already have the most wonderful daughter in the world and looking forward to #2.

For the predictions, I was convinced I was having a boy. I had all the wives tales point to boy (bump shape, lack of sickness, heart rate ect). I had my ultra sound and nope a girl lol. My in laws didn't believe the ultra sound and still though my daughter was a boy (and bought boy things) until her birth. That was frustrating lol

Hello everyone, I am in Canada, I am having baby no 2, can I join your group:) when I was pregnant with baby no 1, I was very sick until 15 weeks, I craved salty savoury foods, and I carried like a basketball out front and it was a boy. Everyone said boy lol. This time I am believing for it to be a girl :)

Hi ladies congrats to the new mommies
I have my first u/s in a week I'm so excited this will be the first time I'll hear the hb too. my last appointment with the ob was still early to hear it, she tried for me but she was right it was still to early but told me not to worry. I'll be almost 13 weeks when I get to finally see this little bean moving around I can't wait. I feel like I'm having a boy but wont find out for sure till sept.
when was the first time you ladies started to buy baby stuff and what was it? I still haven't bought a thing yet wanted to wait till my u/s first

Hey Ladies! I spoke with my boss and we both think I should stop working at the end of this month. I work a heavy labour job, it's outdoors in the heat, and lots of bending over and heavy hauling. I'm worried about asking my doctor about stopping work. If he says no, then I won't be able to get sick being its through EI until my Maternity Leave kicks in at 23 weeks. I only worry about my OB because at my first appointment he kind of rolled his eyes when I told him that my work doesn't have light duty work, so I feel like he doesn't believe me. Any suggestions?

I had my prenatal appt yesterday and the baby was hiding so it was hard to tell if she was still head down or not. Her heart beat was as strong as usual though. My MW said that if by the next appt (in 2 weeks) baby's still hiding, she'll send me for an u/s to ensure the position.

Did any other of you ladies experience this? And what does a third trimester baby look like in u/s? are her feautures very defined now?

Hi ladies congrats to the new mommies
I have my first u/s in a week I'm so excited this will be the first time I'll hear the hb too. my last appointment with the ob was still early to hear it, she tried for me but she was right it was still to early but told me not to worry. I'll be almost 13 weeks when I get to finally see this little bean moving around I can't wait. I feel like I'm having a boy but wont find out for sure till sept.
when was the first time you ladies started to buy baby stuff and what was it? I still haven't bought a thing yet wanted to wait till my u/s first

I didn't buy anything until I knew the gender so after my 20w scan. You have plenty of time, don't rush into it. I started at week 21 (when we came back from vacation) and bought things gradually. Now at almost 34 weeks, everything is fully ready. I just have to pack my hospital bag.

Welcome to the new ladies!!

I bought stuff immediately lol. I haven't bought much, some sleepers and onesies and a couple blankets. I'm going south of the border in a week so I'll see if they have some cheap stuff. I'm team yellow so I don't have to wait until an ultrasound, I don't think I could wait!

DH and I have been buying things since we started dating. lol
One of our first road trips within the first six months of dating we were in Childrens Place buying the CUTEST giraffee print swim suit for a little girl. I cant resist the excuse t shop.. hence why we have four very very large bins of clothing alredy. Friends of ours just had a boy and a cousin just had a girl so we are getting alot of brand new things from them that they didnt use. I bought a Quinny stroller and Maxi Cosi car seat combo at 5 weeks cause it came up (brand new, still in the boxes) on our local buy and sell. A 400$ item for less then half, I couldnt say no. I buy things all the time that I thinnk are cute and since we hit about 12 weeks Ive been grabbing a few must haves every time we go to walmart or the mall. We are headning to Calgary next weekend so Im going to hit some of the second hand baby store and see what I find :)

Welcome to all the new ladies.. and SO EXCITING that some are getting cllose!!

I just joined a local area Facebook Sway & Shop page... love it!!! I CANNOT wait until we tell folks on the 28th and I can start buying things!!

Well ladies, I had my LO! I posted my birth story in third tri. He was born July 8 at 3:04pm, weighing 8lbs 14oz! He's absolutely perfect.

Good luck to everyone in their pregnancies, I'll keep popping in to read everyone's birth stories!

Thanks for all the advice, and if anyone has any questions (especially Ottawa ladies delivering at the Queensway Carleton) feel free to PM me!

Well ladies, I had my LO! I posted my birth story in third tri. He was born July 8 at 3:04pm, weighing 8lbs 14oz! He's absolutely perfect.

Good luck to everyone in their pregnancies, I'll keep popping in to read everyone's birth stories!

Thanks for all the advice, and if anyone has any questions (especially Ottawa ladies delivering at the Queensway Carleton) feel free to PM me!

congrats on the birth of your baby boy

Congrats theraphosidae!
Had my scan today and we are team pink again! :)

Congrats theraphosidae!

Juless Im jealous. Of course I want a healthy baby but another girl would be so nice.

Congrats theraphosidae!!

And congrats on being Team Pink Juless!! :)

I just asked my hubby if he wants to know or to stay team yellow... so far he's undecided. Me too! I kinda would like to know so I can decorate the nursery accordingly... but I also love the idea of it being a surprise!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->