Canadian Ladies!! 1st, 2nd and 3rd trimesters.... Now everyone can stay in touch!

DH and U have a dinner date tonight and I'm excited! We're one of our fave restaurants in town to enjoy some yumminess!

I need to start packing the hospital bag today today. I wanted to have it done by end of this weekend. Tomorrow is a busy day as we're doing day #1 of our condensed prenatal classes and then having dinner with the aunt-in-law after.

Well ladies, I had my LO! I posted my birth story in third tri. He was born July 8 at 3:04pm, weighing 8lbs 14oz! He's absolutely perfect.

Good luck to everyone in their pregnancies, I'll keep popping in to read everyone's birth stories!

Thanks for all the advice, and if anyone has any questions (especially Ottawa ladies delivering at the Queensway Carleton) feel free to PM me!

Awesome, congrats to you and hubs. I'm delivering at the Civic but I may still bug u for general Ottawa question. Especially when it comes time to take classes with LO

Congrats theraphosidae!
Had my scan today and we are team pink again! :)

Congrats on being on team pink:happydance:

Congratulations on the birth of your baby boy Theraphosidae! I bet he's just beautiful. I haven't read your birth story but hope it was a smooth delivery!

Congratulations also to Juless on team pink. I'd love another girl myself but will wait until delivery to find out.

Congrats Theraphosidae!!!!!!!!!!!!! So exciting!

Not sure if this is allowed but AMP cloth diapers has a giveaway going on...they are a great Canadian cloth diaper company and I am planning to use mostly their one size duos with our babe...

Heres the link to the giveaway:
https://www.ampdiapers.com/giveaways/amp-spot-one-size-duo-diaper-giveaway-2

Hi ladies! we had our first session of prenatal classes yesterday and I quite liked it. I found it very useful even though I read so many pregnancy books and come on here a lot. It's good to physically practice massage and relaxing techniques as the instructore will guide you.

Also she spent some time talking about the American vs Canadian hospital practices. I found that useful as so many of us read books by American authors and not everything applies here. I find our system much more flexible and pregnant-woman friendly (as opposed to doctor friendly) and now I'm even more relaxed about giving birth :D

Congrats Theraphosidae on the birth of your baby boy! How wonderful.

Today is my first wedding anniversary :) I can't believe it's been a year already. Best year of my life. I feel so so very lucky.

Hello fellow canadians! 11w5d here. Glad to see theres other Canadians on here =)

Hi and welcome to the newbies!

Hope everyone's doing well and enjoying the summer heat - I'm about ready to move to the antarctic! Thank god for air conditioning!

Hey ladies,

I'm having my 12+4 scan tomorrow for NT testing... why am I so nervous??? DH is coming with me and I am so excited that he's finally going to get a better concept of this being all being real. :)

Everyone gets a little nervous! It'll be awesome, I'm excited for you!

Can you ladies hop over and check out my help with names thread...I need help! Lol

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-second-trimester/1103645-help-baby-boy-names.html

Hello again my fellow Canadian gals! Sorry I haven't posted for a couple weeks. I've been on vacation and am heading home to Alberta tommorrow morning. Glad to see everyone is doing well and a big hello to all the new ladies. As for me...heading over to 3rd tri soon and still haven't even started the nursery and have loads to buy yet....better get a move on a soon as I'm back home.

Hi ladies! Hope you're all doing well :)

Our stroller was back ordered till end of August (it's a Babyjogger City Mini GT btw) so yesterday I was driving myself crazy thinking we won't have a stroller before baby arrives. Luckily, we found one in stock in a warehouse here in Ottawa.

So excited! After I pack my hospital bag today there's literally nothing left to do but for baby to arrive. And I only have two weeks to the start of my mat leave, yey!

Hi all,
Thought I would join here since I"m in Montreal. I'm from the U.S. and have lived here for 2 yrs and am trying to be ok with the entirely different kind of health care system, hospitals, doctors, etc.

I''m 16 wks and went through IVF and am a single older pg woman. Would love to connect with other Montrealers on here.

I'm trying to find a new OB so I can go to a hospital I like better. I"m pretty scared of that whole situation and would love to get advice from locals.

Hi ladies had my u/s this week it was very exciting. I can't believe how much the baby was moving already.
here is a pic
51228242 (2).jpg

DH and I did our second condensed prenatal class today and again quite enjoyed it. I def recommend them as long as you take a good class. We also met a couple there that live just down the street from us :happydance: It was nice to meet them as most of our friends (like 99%) don't have kids.

I still didn't pack my hospital bag!!! I've done everything else and keep putting this item off for later! I have promised myself that it'll get done by Tuesday...let's wait and see.

Hi ladies had my u/s this week it was very exciting. I can't believe how much the baby was moving already.
here is a pic
View attachment 444209

Congrats! Early scans are amazing as the baby has so much room she/he bounces all over the place:haha: I remember thinking mine was like this active fish in a fishtank, so cute! Now she's much bigger and I feel her every move, sometimes it's more uncomfortable than cute, lol!

Welcome to the new ladies. Congrats on the scan photo Butterworth. Pretty exciting! Can't help with any east coast info Ellyn as we're way out in BC but good luck to you. Hope you find someone you're comfortable with.

AFM, weather has finally cooled a bit so I'm not as miserable as I was in the heat but now it's hormones and restless nights so I'm just as cranky being tired and emotional. Ah, the joys of motherhood. Am off to try to catch a nap before my little lady wakes from hers. Have a good week everyone!

Hi all,
Thought I would join here since I"m in Montreal. I'm from the U.S. and have lived here for 2 yrs and am trying to be ok with the entirely different kind of health care system, hospitals, doctors, etc.

I''m 16 wks and went through IVF and am a single older pg woman. Would love to connect with other Montrealers on here.

I'm trying to find a new OB so I can go to a hospital I like better. I"m pretty scared of that whole situation and would love to get advice from locals.

I'm also from montreal.. what hospital are you currently at? I recommend the Jewish General as they have apparently the best pregnancy and neonatal section in Montreal from what I've heard.

Thanks Lilo.

foxy- My current OB works out of the Royal Victoria Hosp. BUT just today I got an appt with a different doctor who works out of LaSalle hospital. I've heard great things about LaSalle, they have a separate birthing center, have lower rates of medical interventions, csections, etc. and seem to be more likely to work with you for a natural delivery. All important to me. But you never know what you'll need when the time comes, so hoping it works out for me there.

I've heard mixed things about every single hospital. It depends on what you want, if you have complications, etc. and how you like your doc and hospital. I don't like my current OB and I do not like the Royal Vic. Scary place!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->