Canadian Ladies!! 1st, 2nd and 3rd trimesters.... Now everyone can stay in touch!

Hi ladies!! We have been so busy the last few weeks and the heat has been brutal on me so Ive been lazy. We had our 3D scan done... so worth the money to get to see babies face! We managed to get away with not finding the gender out. We had our medical scan done yesterday at 20w4d and things looked good. Baby is right on track! I have some baby and belly picutres to share!! I was totally thinking that baby was a girl... I FELT like it was, until we had our 3D done... it looks like a boy to me now! The facial features just scream boy!

Other then that, We have been shopping lots and DH has been kissing and talking to the belly, which thankfully looks like an actual baby belly now, not just chub. lol I am in love with the fitted maternity tops that show off my belly now :). We finished our registry at BabiesRUs on the weekend as well.

Hope everything is going as well for everyone else!! Enjoy the weather~

Attachments

• 20w1d.3d.6.jpg
    20w1d.3d.6.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 20w1d.3d.10.jpg
    20w1d.3d.10.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 20w1d.3d.23.jpg
    20w1d.3d.23.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 20w1d.3d.35.jpg
    20w1d.3d.35.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 20belly.jpg
    20belly.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 6
Thanks for sharing the pics medic! Handsome little man??? or beautiful little lady??? you've got there!

Im open to gender prediction opinions!! lol Everyone in our families have said boy, with the execption of one aunt and unlce. I was convinced it was a girl until I saw the photos... now I think it looks like a boy. lol I have no idea I guess

Medic - your pictures are so cute!! And don't worry your bump will grow. Mine didn't look like a bump until I was 23 weeks along. And now at 35w+ I still carry small :/

We had our prenatal appt this past Tuesday and everything is going ok :) Baby is still head down and she's starting to engage. I still haven't packed my hospital bag...there's just this "finality" about it. Like I'm worried I'll pack the bag and the baby will come, lol!

Oh we found the stroller we wanted (that was backordered) in a different store by luck and just purchased it. It's a Babyjogger Mini City GT. Apparently it's become so popular that manufacturer is having a hard time keeping up with the demand. Most stores in Canada now have a waiting list so I was happy to get mine...

My mat leave starts next friday, I cannot wait! I have a tone of reading material for that time and I also looking forward to sleeping in :D

Hey ladies,

We're finally going to tell our families this weekend... I am sooo excited! It's DH's grandma's 80th birthday and she has been asking us for YEARS when we are going to have a little one... and she's one of those people who has everything on earth. So, we're going to give her a gift and say, "You're so hard to buy for, but since 80 is such a special birthday we put a lot of thought into it and made you a present that we think you'll really enjoy".... then we are going to hand her a box with the t-shirt below in it... and let everyone figure it out. :)

Oh - and we put our "official" EDD... even though we've been dated to Jan 29...

Attachments

• P1110161 small.jpg
    P1110161 small.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 0
Love the T-shirt! What a great gift for your grandma!

I totally can relate to stalling on the hospital bag packing. I've got it beside my nightstand and can't quite get myself to fill it yet... I'm also stalling on washing baby's clothes that I've pulled from items I can use from our last baby. There's just something telling me that once that's done baby might be too? Probably just nerves from our first arriving early but still, it's on my "to do" list every week and I still haven't done it.

As far as gender guesses go I have no idea. We're team yellow and everyone except our daughter claims this baby will be a boy. Our little Liv wants a sister so I hope she's not going to be too upset if it comes out a brother. I have no predictions this time around and haven't done any of the old wives tale theory things. Not even too sure I know what they are... might have to look some up and see if DH wants to try them over the weekend. Could be a fun way to celebrate our anniversary?

AFM, I got my first stretch mark yesterday. Had a bit of a tough time with it as it's right in the middle of my tummy where baby's been pushing for days. Little monkey has finally settled down today but it's been a bit uncomfortable with all the stretching he/she's been doing. And with the possibility of 10 more weeks I hope this will be my one and only mark but there's lots of time for more. I didn't get any with my first pregnancy so didn't really worry about it. Oh well, I guess it's tankinis for me now. :cry:

Love the T-shirt! What a great gift for your grandma!

I totally can relate to stalling on the hospital bag packing. I've got it beside my nightstand and can't quite get myself to fill it yet... I'm also stalling on washing baby's clothes that I've pulled from items I can use from our last baby. There's just something telling me that once that's done baby might be too? Probably just nerves from our first arriving early but still, it's on my "to do" list every week and I still haven't done it.

As far as gender guesses go I have no idea. We're team yellow and everyone except our daughter claims this baby will be a boy. Our little Liv wants a sister so I hope she's not going to be too upset if it comes out a brother. I have no predictions this time around and haven't done any of the old wives tale theory things. Not even too sure I know what they are... might have to look some up and see if DH wants to try them over the weekend. Could be a fun way to celebrate our anniversary?

AFM, I got my first stretch mark yesterday. Had a bit of a tough time with it as it's right in the middle of my tummy where baby's been pushing for days. Little monkey has finally settled down today but it's been a bit uncomfortable with all the stretching he/she's been doing. And with the possibility of 10 more weeks I hope this will be my one and only mark but there's lots of time for more. I didn't get any with my first pregnancy so didn't really worry about it. Oh well, I guess it's tankinis for me now. :cry:

I have been lotioning like a mad woman. DH complains that there is a bottle or tub of lotion in every single room. The best stuff I have found so far is Coconut oil in solid form. YOu can get it from the health food store. Lotions all have glycerin or some form of it in them and it actually dries out your skin if you dont apply a billioin times a day. If you lotion in the morning and then shower at night and feel that slimy film... thats lotion thats not helping hydrate your skin. The coconut oil actually turns to an almost liquid when you rub it on your hands, it IS a bit greasy but it dries fast and absorbs totally into your skin. IF you dont have an allergies, give it a shot. Its super cheap compared to lotion too... about 40$ for 1.5 L

Good idea with the coconut oil Medic!

I am so excited to finally be able to ask...:thumbup:

Attachments

• 12+4 cropped dark.jpg
    12+4 cropped dark.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 8
I've been on vacation for the last week, so Hi everybody!
Yikes- I have no idea how to tell but I'm feeling boy. How did your testing go?

I still don't have all of the results... but MW thought things things were looking good so far. :) She said it's a two-step integrated screen, so I won't get the full results until 20 weeks. Sheesh.

YikesBaby - it actually looks like a girl to me. Her skull looks like my daughter's at 12w. Either way congrats :)

I agree....skull looks a little on the girly side to me.

medic - where do you get the coconut oil? I'm sure it smells delicious too :)

Yikes - my gut says girl! Isn't it magical to see them on the little screen?

lemongrass - how were your holidays? What did you get up to?

medic - where do you get the coconut oil? I'm sure it smells delicious too :)

Yikes - my gut says girl! Isn't it magical to see them on the little screen?

lemongrass - how were your holidays? What did you get up to?

I bought a huge tub of it from the health food store. YOu can also find it in some grocery stores where they have an ethnic section. I laughed at the cousin who told me about it because when she told me to use it on my belly, she had just used a chunk of it in her frying pan to cook chicken. I guess its actually a cooking type oil that comes in a solid form when its kept at the right temperature. But the health food stores sell it as cooking oil, lotion and all sorts of other things. The ironic part it that its 'virgin' coconut oil lol. The brand I got was Nutiva organic.

Here is to companies webpage: https://nutiva.com/products/coconut-oil-organic-benefits-nutiva/

I use the same one as Medic, it's great for about 14 thousand things, lol. I use it on my bump and I'm also going to be using it as balm for baby's bum. It's safe to use with cloth diapers and obviously 100% safe and organic (mine is anyways).

I use the same one as Medic, it's great for about 14 thousand things, lol. I use it on my bump and I'm also going to be using it as balm for baby's bum. It's safe to use with cloth diapers and obviously 100% safe and organic (mine is anyways).

It kinda grosses people out when I tell them I use it as lotion and as oil in our popcorn maker. Its funny how something so natural makes people turn their nose up when you use it for more then one thing. lol We also use it in our dogs ears for ear mites and I use it to shave my legs.... all from seperate jars of course. I didnt think to use it on babies bum though... I was worried about an allergic reaction from baby. BUt I may research it a bit more and do it. :)

Or occasionally in your hair as a conditioning treatment!

Or to condition wooden cutting boards!

The possibilities are endless.

Medic I have only heard people rave about it as baby lotion but definitely worth looking into!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->