Canadian Ladies!! 1st, 2nd and 3rd trimesters.... Now everyone can stay in touch!

I use it in my popcorn maker too! I love coconut oil- I find it soaks into the pan less so food doesn't stick at much.

Countrygirl- I went around the mainland and Vancouver Island visiting family. It was awesome. One of my highlights was walking in on my 7 year old niece singing Don't stop believing by Journey.

Thanks medic and gaiagirl! Sounds like its very useful stuff. Next time I'm out I'll have a look for it.

That's adorable lemongrass! I have an 8 y/o nephew who also loves to sing and it warms my heart, especially when he gets the lyrics wrong but has no idea they're wrong lol

lol I love when kids make up the words :)

Hey gals... I wanted to share our big reveal with you!! Enjoy!

https://vimeo.com/46683998

So cute Yikes!!!!!!! Love love love it, what a great family.

Yikes - that totally made me cry! I haven't really been on here much or following your story. But seeing your grandparents and the joy your family was feeling was so touching. My parents are both gone and I so wish I could share this pregnancy with them. Thanks for sharing this beautiful video.

Question for all you ladies: Have any of you gone on medical EI? My back is killing me at work and I'm thinking its just not worth the pain to continue. I don't know exactly what changes when you do. Will my pregnancy be considered high-risk, and then if so, will I lose my midwife?

Lemongrass - As far as I know there would be no need to switch to an OB just for that, my midwife routinely puts women on medical EI in the third tri if their jobs are demanding. I would discuss with her though.

The one thing I do know about medical EI is that you can only do 15 weeks of it...I believe. Then you would be on mat leave after that? Maybe there's an extension in some situations but I'm not sure.

I tried to call the EI office the other day to ask about going on medical EI before mat leave even if I'm not currently employed (I have served the 600 hours though) and my hold time was 50 minutes! So I hung up...ugh.

Brutal! I thought that you couldn't go on mat until 8 weeks before your due date, so I thought that medical EI covered everything before that. I'm going to talk to my midwife tomorrow about it. I feel silly asking this early but it is not out of laziness! I'm almost in tears by the end of a shift.

Brutal! I thought that you couldn't go on mat until 8 weeks before your due date, so I thought that medical EI covered everything before that. I'm going to talk to my midwife tomorrow about it. I feel silly asking this early but it is not out of laziness! I'm almost in tears by the end of a shift.

You poor thing!! Keep us posted on what she says. Is there any possibility of getting a back brace or support to give you some relief?? Or maybe a modification of your job duties?

That is awful lemongrass. Maybe you can make it another month until 17 weeks (with modified duties), then do 15 weeks of sickness leave then start mat leave?!

I hope it works out!

I'm really hoping that my midwife will have some kind of idea of how I can deal with it. I'd rather work than not but the good part is that my pain is much less when I don't work, so that's a good point!

Have you tried seeing an osteopath??? Maybe you're in need of an alignment. I swear by mine. :)

Lemongrass - I hope it works out for you. I have zero experience with EI in general. I do have to apply for mine next week though as my mat leave starts then. But I didn't even know there was a medical EI.

Hey gals... I wanted to share our big reveal with you!! Enjoy!

https://vimeo.com/46683998

This was too cute and def made me shed a tear. Thanks for sharing.

I have one day and half of work left and relaly cannot wait. I'm so tired by lunch time it's unbelievable. I'm glad I'll have three weeks before my EDD coz even though with my DH being outta work money is tight I really need the rest...I need to be ready for baby.

Yikes - adorable video! And cute t-shirt :)

lemongrass - not sure on the medical EI, DH was on it years ago when he had knee surgery and I remember seeing something on the service canada website about medical EI and maternity leave EI when I was looking into it but didn't pay close attention. Is there a service ontario location close to you? I know the 1-800 # waits can be dreadful.

I'm in BC, so service Ontario wouldn't be too much help :p I've never been on any EI before but I do know you can go on medical EI if you can't do your job because of your pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->