Canadian Ladies!! 1st, 2nd and 3rd trimesters.... Now everyone can stay in touch!

I'm in BC, so service Ontario wouldn't be too much help :p I've never been on any EI before but I do know you can go on medical EI if you can't do your job because of your pregnancy.

I think you need to go to ServiceCanada. LOL

Hey Ladies. My midwife appt was great! Heard the baby's heartbeat :) I told my midwife about my back pain and she checked my back out. She says that my shoulders are very off and that I should see a chiropractor. I've never been to one before so I'll definitely check it out.

Lemongrass - I would suggest you see an osteopath before a chiropractor... you can get the same relief without the harsh adjustments. :) Chiropractors are too rough in my opinion.

My colleague suffered from sciatica for years and years and got to the point where she was seeing her chiropractor once a week. I sent her to my osteopath and she helped bring her whole body into alignment (without all the cracking) and after two visits she has been sciatica free for a year!

I was a HUGE skeptic originally, but I've become a firm believer in the power of osteopathy and would always try it first... it's so much more gentle. :) Your call, but I would suggest it.

Hi ladies! It's my last day of work today, I'm so excited to be off!! This heat is just killing me and I cannot wait to han in our AC chilled house and make the final preparation.

I'm due in about 3 weeks and I still need to make more food to in the freezer, finish packing the hospital bag and install the car seat in DH car

Hey ladies, havent been on latly so I hope everyone is doing great!!
Been super busy with my baby boy Kane :happydance:

Thought I would share some pictures with you!

Attachments

• photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 2
  • photo 14.jpg
    photo 14.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 2
  • photo5.jpg
    photo5.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 2
  • photo 7.jpg
    photo 7.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 2
Adorable! I bet you have had your hands full. :thumbup:

Hope everyone has a great weekend...and long weekend if it applies to you!

oneteddybear - All I can say is "Aww....." What a gorgeous little one. You must be so proud. And infinitely exhausted. :)

thank you Ladies :)

he wasnt sleeping much and not very well but I got the book " the happiest babys guide ti great sleep" and its helped out so much. He only wakes up twice a night to feed now. a rested mommy is a happy mommy :)

Congratulations on the baby boy! Wow, he's adorable! Good luck on the sleeping, from my experience if you've got a good sleeper they tend to stay that way.

AFM, had a doctor's appointment earlier this week and the doctor confirmed baby is head down and chances of making my due date are slim. Another early baby will likely be in my future. I'm just hoping now that we make it to september and not have a REALLY early one. I've got lots to do this month and not much time to fit in a delivery and newborn :wacko: Can't wait to hear about the other ladies getting close to their due dates and how they make out.

Oneteddybear - congrats on ur baby:hugs: Getting so impatient to meet mine now.

DH and I got our maternity photos back...thought I share one of them with you ladies. We were quite happy with the photoshoot

https://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll56/Shadow_lover123-2008/August%202012/mat3.jpg

Hey, any ladies in Montreal? I need some information that I can't seem to find online!

Does anyone know where I can go for an ultrasound to determine gender? I dont want to wait until my 20 weeks scan and want to find out early! But everywhere I call that does ultrasounds says they don't do it for pregnancy!

I've found one place called UC baby 3d ultrasounds but its like 200$! Yeesh.

foxy - I don't think you're going to find anyplace that will do it for less than that. Unless you have a specific reason for the us, like doing an amnio.

I went through IVF and had an amnio as well around 16 wks, mainly because I'm of 'older maternal' status. I could've found out then, but don't want to know.

There are private clinics, like Procrea labs, Ovo (or something like that) where you can probably get it done, but again, it'll cost you. I went to Procrea to get a FISH analysis, which told me the amnio results in 2 days, instead of waiting for the hospital lab which would've taken 3 wks. It cost $375. Crazy, but I didn't want to wait to find out all is ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->