Canadian Ladies!! 1st, 2nd and 3rd trimesters.... Now everyone can stay in touch!

I can't believe how expensive it is! I guess I'll just have to be patient

UC baby is only 99$ for gender determ. The whole 3D package is 185$.... and TOTALLY worth it. We had one done at 20 weeks and I have already booked another one. We got to seee baby for 40 mins, a DVD with the whole ultrasound on it with music we picked, a CD with all the photos the tech took, 4 printed pictures that we picked, a two month access to the ultrasound video feed online and they broadcast it over the internet while we were having it done for all our family to watch in different places. DHs family was in Vegas at the time on holiday, my mom was in Portugal and my other famliy was scattered all over Canada. It was WELL worth the money!!

Maybe I was confused by their packages then because they did look confusing!! I'll check it out again.. 185 isnt bad for ALL that stuff..

Hey, any ladies in Montreal? I need some information that I can't seem to find online!

Does anyone know where I can go for an ultrasound to determine gender? I dont want to wait until my 20 weeks scan and want to find out early! But everywhere I call that does ultrasounds says they don't do it for pregnancy!

I've found one place called UC baby 3d ultrasounds but its like 200$! Yeesh.
theres a place called peek a boo it costs 60 dollars for a basic gender scan ( that comes with photos) others more advanced ones too but for more expensive. Accuracy 99% as early as 14 weeks. its on jean talon W.

There page is currently down but i check the other day it was 59.99 for a 20 minute ultrasound you get 4 pictures the gender known possibility of cd for pictures and i think i read something about being able to view it on the internet too.

Hi ladies! Can I join in? I'm pregnant with my 2nd LO and DS is 16mths old.

Nice to be able to chat with some other Canadian's. I've made lots of great friends on this site, but they are all in other countries and somethings are very different in other places.

JeppGirl - hello and welcome :) Where in Canada do you live? I'm in Ottawa

How's everyone else doing? I'm getting so close to my EDD and so excitement level is pretty high! I have this feeling that I'm gonna be late though, I mean most first time moms are late. I have a mental bet with myself that baby's coming on September 1st (so 4 days late).

We have the hospital bags and car seat right by the door ready to go when the time comes. I'm doing the last pre-baby errands now: cooking and freezing meals, got my hair dyed and going for a brazilian tomorrow :D Rest of the time I chill on the couch with baby books or fall fashion magazines...

I'm in Nova Scotia.

Shadowy Lady, I know those last few weeks seem to take forever, but your big day will be here before you know it! I was a week overdue with DS and I remember thinking I was going to be pregnant forever...now here I am 16mths later and it seems like that was just yesterday.

Do you guys know if UC baby will do gender determination before 20 weeks?

Welcome JeepGirl!

Shadowy - you are SO close! I'm already starting to think...really? Possibly 13 more weeks? Haha pregnancy really is looooong but it helps when DH and I do things we won't be able to. Sleeping in, watching the news with our morning coffee and breakfast, going out for spur of the moment dinner, watching a movie in the early evening...just enjoying those things now!

Welcome JeepGirl :hi:

Gaiagirl - that sounds so nice! I can't even remember the last time I got to have a cup of coffee and watch the morning news... going anywhere spur of the moment let alone for dinner... SLEEPING IN!!! Ahhhh, what it was like to be childless.

The trade off I guess is snuggling up on the couch now and reading a book with my LO or having her make me "coffee" from her play kitchen and telling me "when she's older we can go have coffee together" or the little voice from the next room calling in the morning asking if she can come cuddle in bed with me, not much can beat that...

Enjoy your time pre-baby and get lots of rest now because the new experiences that await you are incredible!

Not long now Shadowy! I'm so excited for you!

I hear you gaiagirl, I'm trying to enjoy my lazy weekend mornings and free time too!

Just thought I would share for anyone who has a Sobey's near them, they have recently started a Baby Be Healthy program. I signed up today and they give you a gift bag full of little goodies for baby and FREE prenatal vitamins for your whole pregnancy! They also will email info throughout the pregnancy.

Hope everyone is well :)

Hey there ladies,

Could I get a standard polite and sincere Canadian welcome to this group? :) I just joined this forum a few days ago. My name is Warby, I live in Calgary, am 37, have three kids and am due with #4 on January 27.

Nice to have a group of Canadian moms and moms to be to chat with!

Welcome Jeepgirl & Warby!

Update for you guys on my back pain: I went to the chiropractor and I am feeling SO much better! My back pain isn't all gone- he said it likely wouldn't go away until baby is here and it will get worse as time goes on but the amount of pain I'm in is way, way lower. So that is good! He gave me some core exercises to do twice daily as well to work my abdomen muscles up for labour.

I hate exercise normally, but TBH during pregnancy I am really liking it. I can control that and having something I am in control of during this time where I feel so out of control.

Warby - Welcome to the Canadian Club :D

Lemongrass - I'm happy you're dealing with the back pain better. I had backaches around week 23-27 and somehow after that they went away. Now at 39w + I don't really have any kinda pain (weird but nice).

Update on me is just counting down the days; 6 days till EDD and really who knows when she'll arrive. I have a prenatal appt tomorrow and will ask about my progress. Baby's already engaged though and I don't think they'll do an internal exam before 40 weeks.

Thinking of you shadowy!

Thanks hun:hugs: I just came back from my prenatal appt. I've been having irregular contractions since last night so my midwife did an internal exam on me today. Baby's fully engaged, I'm 2 cm dialated, 60% effaced with a very soft cervix. She didn't wanna give me an exact time frame but she said things will happen within the next week.

Then I came home and saw that I'd lost my mucus plug :wacko: So now I'm just playing the waiting gamev:growlmad: I could go into labour tonight or like Tuesday night and meanwhile have to deal with these annoying random contractions

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->