Canadian Ladies!! 1st, 2nd and 3rd trimesters.... Now everyone can stay in touch!

So whos up next? Next due date?? Lilosmom??

AHHHHHH! I just went back a few pages and it seems I am up next - yikes! That has gone by way too fast. I think I'm almost ready though: 3 more batches of freezer meals, last set of company this weekend, hair cut and massage booked for early next week, just need to get a gift for our lil Liv from baby and I think that's it. I'm sure I'm missing things but it'll work itself out soon enough. Next doctor's appointment is in two weeks and because both my mother and my MIL are away that week on holidays I'm sure something will happen then... it will put me at 37 weeks which is when I delivered our first... but who knows? Anyone else getting close?

Hi Ladies,

What a great idea, to get all us Canadians in one place!

I am preggers with my first, EDD Feb 13 2013.
So excited and faithfully stalking the boards :)

Thought I'd jump on and say hi.

Hi Ladies,

Hey welcome :) Im due Jan 20th 2013. and having my first ultrasound in six days :D where are you from

Hi Ladies,

Hi Im due Feb 28th 2013. Congrats! Is this your first? This is my second :)

Yes, my first!!

We were TTC for 2 years when I was finally diagnosed with PCOS.
After being sent to the fertility Dr and given Femera and Gonal-F shots it worked on my 3rd cycle.

I'm in Mississaua Ontario, just outside Toronto.

Wow, I couldn't imagine waiting 20 weeks for my 1st ultrasound!
Because we used the fertility clinic, I had my first u/s at 6 weeks. Babe was just a bean then. Now the bean looks like a little person.
My next u/s is Sept 15 i'll be 18 weeks and hopefully will be able to see if its a boy or girl

Wow, I couldn't imagine waiting 20 weeks for my 1st ultrasound!
Because we used the fertility clinic, I had my first u/s at 6 weeks. Babe was just a bean then. Now the bean looks like a little person.
My next u/s is Sept 15 i'll be 18 weeks and hopefully will be able to see if its a boy or girl

I found waiting for 20 weeks with my 1st sooo long. But this time it doesn't seem as bad, I guess I'm just way more relaxed this time. But I am a bit jealous of the ladies who get several u/s.

Yikes - I'm feeling the same (at least I think that's what it is lol) and it's such an amazing feeling!

Shadowy - that's great to hear! How's your energy level?

lilosmom - woohoo you're next! Have you had prenatal massages through your pregnancy? What's it like?

Welcome new ladies - glad to have you on board!

Countrygirl - I have only had one prenatal massage this time around (we've been so busy that it's all I've managed to squeeze in so far) but have had two shoulder massages at a local spa that wouldn't interfere with the pregnancy and am going for another of each if I have the time over the next three weeks. With the prenatal massage it was more like massage therapy vs relaxing spa type massage. My hips and lower back have been in pain so the massage relieved some of the tension there and has helped me sleep better. The other type are more of a "pamper me" time - an hour to myself, ahhhhh. I'd recommend getting either type if you can. Taking care of yourself is important while you're taking care of your babe - be in still in the womb or not!

Hellloooo ladies..Just got my BFP a few days ago and super excited. Lilosmom..holy crap, you are already 35 weeks along!!! I am due May 1st. Hoping I have a smooth pregnancy..a bit worried with the Diabetes and all. I have my first appt with my team on Sept 10. Anyone else newly preggers?

Hi Dee-H, I wouldn't worry about the diabetes. Just watch what you eat and exercise and hopefully your pregnancy will be great!

Last pregnancy I had to get a lot of scans (7) due to my fundal being so behind. Im hoping for just the normal two scans 11 week nt and the 18 week one. I can't wait to find out the gender though. I would love another girl, but then 2 teenage girls scare me. A boy would be just as good as I can shop shop shop lol.

So excited to see all the new ladies!

Lilosmom, Im waiting to see news on here of your little one... not too soon though!!

Hi Dee-H, I wouldn't worry about the diabetes. Just watch what you eat and exercise and hopefully your pregnancy will be great!

Last pregnancy I had to get a lot of scans (7) due to my fundal being so behind. Im hoping for just the normal two scans 11 week nt and the 18 week one. I can't wait to find out the gender though. I would love another girl, but then 2 teenage girls scare me. A boy would be just as good as I can shop shop shop lol.

If only it were that simple!!!..I wish... I eat great and exercise already and still struggle with blood sugars. Diabetes is a lot more complex than that!But hoping I will sustain my pregnancy and have a healthy baby!!

Hi ladies can I join? I am 6 weeks on Friday and have my first scan that day! I can't wait.

Welcome all the new ladies!

I have my mid pregnancy scan next tuesday! I can't believe I'm almost halfway!

Welcome TonyaG, congratulations!

Lemongrass - I can't believe you're halfway there already... this summer has really flown by. Good luck with the scan.

AFM, I am having days with spurts of energy and then others where I don't want to get out of bed. Am trying to take advantage of the energy spurts to get things done around the house (cleaning, cooking, organizing) so the days where I want to just sit in my pjs (like today) I don't feel so guilty. Not too much left on my "to do" list and at this point I almost feel "ready" to have this baby. Getting rather excited to find out which color I've been cooking and then I can go do some shopping! Other than the necessities (crib, dresser, stroller) this poor child hasn't been bought anything. Will hopefully have a better idea on baby's arrival date after my next doctor appointment on Monday.

Welcome new ladies!! :hugs:

lemongrass - Mine's next Friday!! Isn't this insane?? Do you feel much movement? I felt a bunch for a few days and then when I last saw the MW she said baby was sideways... I did some Zumba around the house this weekend to help LO get into a better spot... and since then I don't feel as much. I guess I moved him/her to a spot with more legroom. LOL I can't wait for the bigger movements. :cloud9:

I think I convinced my hubby to finish our basement before LO comes. :happydance: I think if we wait until after the baby we will NEVER do it.... and I think it will be nice for baby and good for the value of our home, so it's win-win. I hope I am not crazy for taking on such a big reno project!! :dohh:

How is everyone feeling? I am much more alive than I was before but my blood pressure is now so low that I get dizzy easily. We did a bunch of yard work on the weekend and my hips were aching... I guess I have to accept that I can't do quite as much as I am used to. :nope:

Oh well, either way... this is a fun journey!! :thumbup:

I think I convinced my hubby to finish our basement before LO comes. :happydance: I think if we wait until after the baby we will NEVER do it.... and I think it will be nice for baby and good for the value of our home, so it's win-win. I hope I am not crazy for taking on such a big reno project!! :dohh:

We are redoing our bathroom for the same reason, once we have 2 children, there will never be time to get any work around the house done. I'm going to wait till 2nd tri to start though, when I'm not so tired and not huge yet:haha:

Dee_H - where in NS are you? Not very often I see anyone from NS on this site :) I'm just east of Dartmouth.

Welcome to the new ladies!! I've been out of the loop lately, gotta catch up! Didn't have internet for over a month, about to go crazy, lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->