Canadian Ladies!! 1st, 2nd and 3rd trimesters.... Now everyone can stay in touch!

I think I convinced my hubby to finish our basement before LO comes. :happydance: I think if we wait until after the baby we will NEVER do it.... and I think it will be nice for baby and good for the value of our home, so it's win-win. I hope I am not crazy for taking on such a big reno project!! :dohh:

We are redoing our bathroom for the same reason, once we have 2 children, there will never be time to get any work around the house done. I'm going to wait till 2nd tri to start though, when I'm not so tired and not huge yet:haha:

Dee_H - where in NS are you? Not very often I see anyone from NS on this site :) I'm just east of Dartmouth.

Not far from you girl...I'm in Truro!

Hi, ladies! Just thought I'd stop by and say hello.

I'm in BC, have one son, and am expecting baby #2 sometime in May 1013. My first appointment at the mat clinic is on the 13th. So excited! Probably won't have my first scan until between 10-12 weeks, and then I'll know my exact due date.

Assuming everything goes well, I think I'll probably wait until I'm 21 weeks to have the second scan. We want to know the gender, and most places here won't tell you the gender until you're 21 weeks. Didn't know that last time and I went at 20 weeks; it was horrible having to wait that week after expecting to know that day!

Hi and welcome...love your avatar..I'm a bit of a comic book nerd and a metal head so love your LO's name too!!

Hi and welcome...love your avatar..I'm a bit of a comic book nerd and a metal head so love your LO's name too!!
Ha! That's great. Well, if you're into comic books, I should tell you his full name is Ozymandias (named after the poem and the character from Watchmen). We just call him Ozzy or Oz for short. Much easier!

I've been feeling bits of movement for a few weeks now. I can't wait until I feel it all the time!

Ha! That's great. Well, if you're into comic books, I should tell you his full name is Ozymandias (named after the poem and the character from Watchmen). We just call him Ozzy or Oz for short. Much easier!

Awesome!! Love the Watchmen! One of my fav graphic novels!

lemongrass and Yikes - mine's next Wednesday (the 12th)! It sure is flying by!

Glad to see everyone is doing well. Welcome to the new ladies!!
I just saw how many days I have left!! 93?? That's it? Holy smokes! I'm starting to get nagging thoughts about being terrified about the destruction of my poor lady parts :(. Lol. I spent the night on you tube watching births.... Such a terrible idea.
All our baby furniture has arrived and I have six orders coming from different online
Places. I managed to spend 400$ at the Carters store online. Yikes! Couldn't help myself. All that we have left to get is the crib (my parents want to get it) and our stroller from Phil and teds (his parents gift to us) and the basics like diapers and lotion. Everything else is done!! And we move in three weeks

Have a great day!

I just saw how many days I have left!! 93?? That's it? Holy smokes! I'm starting to get nagging thoughts about being terrified about the destruction of my poor lady parts :(. Lol. I spent the night on you tube watching births.... Such a terrible idea.
All our baby furniture has arrived and I have six orders coming from different online
Places. I managed to spend 400$ at the Carters store online. Yikes! Couldn't help myself. All that we have left to get is the crib (my parents want to get it) and our stroller from Phil and teds (his parents gift to us) and the basics like diapers and lotion. Everything else is done!! And we move in three weeks

Have a great day!

You sound like you are in great shape, I hope I am that organized!!
I still have 239 days left which feels like forever but I'm sure will go by fast with all the prep needed.

Have a great day!

You sound like you are in great shape, I hope I am that organized!!
I still have 239 days left which feels like forever but I'm sure will go by fast with all the prep needed.

It seems like it takes forever while you are pg... but before you know it you will be holding LO wondering were the last 9mths have gone! I still can't believe DS is 17mths old and I'm pg again! Time seems to speed up once you have children:haha:

I think I convinced my hubby to finish our basement before LO comes. :happydance: I think if we wait until after the baby we will NEVER do it.... and I think it will be nice for baby and good for the value of our home, so it's win-win. I hope I am not crazy for taking on such a big reno project!! :dohh:

We are redoing our bathroom for the same reason, once we have 2 children, there will never be time to get any work around the house done. I'm going to wait till 2nd tri to start though, when I'm not so tired and not huge yet:haha:

Dee_H - where in NS are you? Not very often I see anyone from NS on this site :) I'm just east of Dartmouth.

I actually work for a company based in Truro!

I went to a wedding on the weekend and instead of thinking about my own wedding, which is how I usually think, I started to wonder what my baby's wedding will be like. Then I thought "yikes! That's so far away" and THEN I thought "I bet that's what their parents thought too."

Cool...what company?

Cool...what company?

The Volvo and Mack truck dealership

I went to a wedding on the weekend and instead of thinking about my own wedding, which is how I usually think, I started to wonder what my baby's wedding will be like. Then I thought "yikes! That's so far away" and THEN I thought "I bet that's what their parents thought too."

I had that same feeling this past summer after attending a wedding and seeing my OH dance with my daughter (she's nearly 3). I actually started tearing up thinking about how quickly it all goes by. Thankfully we've decided she won't even be allowed to date until she's thirty so we've got a bit more time than most people to deal with the emotional preparation of a wedding! :winkwink:

I had that same feeling this past summer after attending a wedding and seeing my OH dance with my daughter (she's nearly 3). I actually started tearing up thinking about how quickly it all goes by. Thankfully we've decided she won't even be allowed to date until she's thirty so we've got a bit more time than most people to deal with the emotional preparation of a wedding! :winkwink:

Haha, I think I'm going to start saving now! If mine cost $15,000 I'm afraid what their's will!

Forget weddings, my hubby figures we need to save up for the kids flying car first! :haha: Maybe mine will elope?

Forget wedding, university tuition is going to be astronomical. I think we might move to sweden or something where its free.

University fund has been started already but I will be looking into a move to Sweden for sure (I didn't know they had free tuition). We could use the college money to buy a nice little cottage and some skis! :thumbup:

I really think schools in Canada should take the Swedish approach to schooling with high school ending at age 16. Then free university & trade schools.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->