Canadian Ladies!! 1st, 2nd and 3rd trimesters.... Now everyone can stay in touch!

Medic- I love that set! I almost got it before deciding to go used with my furniture.
lilo- hopefully you won't be uncomfortable long!

Welcome to the new ladies! Hopeful, not sure why I didn't think to mention this thread to you earlier... sorry.:nope:

AFM baby still doesn't want to meet us yet. I, however, am ready to be finished with this pregnancy and so will be opting for a sweep at my doctor's appointment on Monday if we have no action this weekend. I'm exhausted, sore and have come to terms with the fact that this is it. I'd rather be done sooner and still have a little bit of enjoyment left in this pregnancy than wait it out and be completely miserable. The only issue I'm having is that baby is what they refer to as "sunny side up" so not in the best position for giving birth (longer labour, better chance of tearing) but I'm hoping he/she will turn during labour and all will be well. Can't wait to find out if I can get pink or blue items as I haven't purchased one item for this child and am feeling quite guilty. Poor second child!

DS was "sunny side up". My labour wasn't that long for a 1st baby. I had no early labour and contractions started at about 3mins apart, it was 8hrs from my 1st contraction to 10cms. Unfortunately he didn't turn and got stuck. But I didn't know he was back to back until I was 9cm, so I never got the chance to do anything to try to get him to turn. I found out afterwards there are exercises to try to get them top turn before labour as well as positions to avoid. fx'ed your LO turns for you.

Have just had my doctor's appointment this morning and baby has turned to the side so as long as he/she doesn't shift around too much we should be okay for a smoother delivery. Speaking of which, the doctor figures baby will be here within the week as I am already 1 to 2 cm and cervix is soft but not quite short enough... :happydance: ...I'm so ready to meet this little one! I have just made a double batch of bran muffins to freeze and washed my floors, double checked my hospital bags and will do a quick grocery trip later today just to be ready. Hopefully it won't be much longer now!

Yay lilosmom - I can't believe you're so close!!

A great site that I've heard rave reviews about is https://www.spinningbabies.com - if any of you experience your babies facing the wrong way, check it out! :)

Love the furniture Medic!
I can't wait to find out the gender. Im kinda feeling a girl again but then the next day I think its a boy lol.

Exciting lilosmom! Can't wait to be where you are :):)

I'm teaching a full load of challenging classes right now and it's taking it's toll. I'm a bit miserable and whiney and planning on leave in two weeks. Then I can finally focus on baby and getting ready. I really cannot wait!

Hi guys, thought I check in to see how everyone's doing. Any babies yet? :D

My baby's now 4 weeks old, time goes by so fast! Here's a recent pic of her:

https://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll56/Shadow_lover123-2008/September%202012/sof2_zps91f3bbdc.jpg

4 weeks old? No way, that honestly can't be right! Maybe a week, thats all it feels like! Good job, Shadowy! That is one beautiful baby girl :)

Beautiful pic! What a sweetie!

AFM, baby is still hanging in there. Have at least one "this is it!" moment every day now but then goes away, whether it's contractions, period cramping, nausea, back pain, you name it, I've had it... getting a bit frustrating but at least there is a light at the end of the tunnel now.

Ohh Shadowy - where does the time go?? Congrats again on such a little beauty!! :)

Montreal ladies: where is a good place to get maternity wear?? For cheapish?

I just went shopping a couple of weeks ago and ended up buying a few pairs of maternity at Walmart!

I went to the Fairview Mall in Pointe Claire because I read online that Old Navy and H&M had maternity clothes. Well they don't. Not at this mall anyway. Apparently Old Navy's downtown store has maternity clothes. I never made it there.

I also went to Thyme maternity in Pointe Claire because it's right next to Fairview. I was disappointed since it's pricey and nothing fit. I was so frustrating because it seemed they were all petite sizes made for fit women who only have a bump and no other weight gain. I did find a pair of pants on sale, that I had to hem because they were too long. They're a little big but hopefully I'll grow into them. I also found the sales girls uninformed and irritating!

So, I ended up going to Walmart and they just go their fall clothes including a small section of maternity stuff. Cheap and it fit. Perfect for me. Jeans for $25, fall corduroy for $22, black comfy stretch pants for around $18.

I just went shopping a couple of weeks ago and ended up buying a few pairs of maternity at Walmart!

I went to the Fairview Mall in Pointe Claire because I read online that Old Navy and H&M had maternity clothes. Well they don't. Not at this mall anyway. Apparently Old Navy's downtown store has maternity clothes. I never made it there.

I also went to Thyme maternity in Pointe Claire because it's right next to Fairview. I was disappointed since it's pricey and nothing fit. I was so frustrating because it seemed they were all petite sizes made for fit women who only have a bump and no other weight gain. I did find a pair of pants on sale, that I had to hem because they were too long. They're a little big but hopefully I'll grow into them. I also found the sales girls uninformed and irritating!

So, I ended up going to Walmart and they just go their fall clothes including a small section of maternity stuff. Cheap and it fit. Perfect for me. Jeans for $25, fall corduroy for $22, black comfy stretch pants for around $18.
Thank you! I was checking out the old navy website for the states and they had amazing maternity prices but couldn't find any on the Canadian website, maybe I'll check out the old navy downtown.
I had no idea walmart had a maternity section though! And I checked out thymes website and was shocked at the crazy prices! 40$ for a shirt? I dont think so!

I don't know if all Walmart stores carry maternity, but I bought mine at the one in LaSalle. It's only 1 rack! But I found 3 pair of pants and that will tie me over I think.

Good luck!

When I was pregnant with DS, Thyme was the only place here to get clothes, so everything I have is Thyme (we have since got a few more places). I was no happy with their clothes at all, it didn't stand up at all. I'm going to have a buy more for this pregnancy because most of what I have is almost worn out. I have several pairs of their jeans and they are all worn so thin inside the thighs that there will be holes in them soon. I expect $70 jeans to last more than a few months! And their sweaters pick soooo easy.

I'm going to try H&M and Old Navy this time.

I live in Victoria, BC and Thyme is the only place to buy maternity clothes! I can't believe a capital city only has one store that sells maternity.

Some of the Real Canadian Superstores have maternity... most Walmarts have one rack in the George section... some Old Navy stores have a small section...some H&M stores have a small section... there's gotta be something else!! I bought my maternity pants from a local mom-to-mom sale Facebook group... that could be an option maybe??

Yah Victoria is slim pickings, but if you go to consignment stores and on the Facebook Victoria Moms Swap & Shop you can find great stuff!

Oh and the Old Navy in Nanaimo has a maternity section :)

I'll be hitting up a consignment store tomorrow. I was pretty lucky to get a bunch of hand me downs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->