Canadian Ladies!! 1st, 2nd and 3rd trimesters.... Now everyone can stay in touch!

I failed my first screen but passed the second with flying colors. I had Mexican food a couple of hrs before and apparently that would of cause me to fail because of the carb sugar amounts.

I am starting to get so anxious now ladies, and there is still 2 months to go. I just want to hold my little guy so bad. I only have a few more things to buy, ans its all small stuff, like diapers and wipes and stuff like that. Anyone else still not 100% ready?

Second set of blood work came back with nothing to worry about!! Thank goodnesss, because I wasnt sure I could give up my brownie craving!

Liz - I"m not at all ready. I'm 30 wks now and friends just gave me a bathtub filled with goodies. And my sisters threw me a shower last weekend, but I still all the big stuff. Luckily, more family is throwing me another shower Nov. 10, so I hope to get the last of the small and med stuff and maybe some used big items.

After that, I'll just see what I can find used on Craiglists and buy new if I have to. I was trying to avoid buying a new crib and change table, so we'll see.

I just started cleaning out the section of the spare room for baby, washed the baseboards, and put some things on the shelves. I have piles of stuff with no where to put it!

I still have to find a doula, figure out what to do about a breast pump, and also the cloth diaper scene. I want to try the cloth diapers, but it's so mind boggling to figure out what I need, what type, expense, etc. that I'm ready to give up and go disposable.

I'm just so busy and I all I want to do is plan for baby. But I'm working through Dec. 5 and then from home for another week. I also have to buy a new car...

Time is going wayyyyy too fast!!

Woo ellyn you sound busy! Make sure you take time to rest up girl.

So glad you had good news medic!

Great news medic!

Ellyn - I'm still a couple weeks away from actually using them but I have done TONS of cloth diaper research and I have learned a lot so if you have questions...let me know :)

For the newborn phase (up to 12 lbs) I am using mostly prefolds with covers (Bummis, thirsties and sweet pea prefolds) and also a couple fitted cloths (kissaluvs) with covers. Seems to be the most economical.

After 12 lbs I have a mix of the same, and pocket diapers and all in ones! I got lots of types and I figure I'll see what I like and sell what I don't!

That's great news, Medic! My midwife gave me papers to get my GTT testing. She told me that I'm not high risk for it and that it is totally my choice whether to get it done or not, which surprised me as I thought it was mandatory. I guess nothing is really and she's more about giving me choices, which is good. I'm doing it anyways, just to be on the safe side.

Great news medic!

Ellyn - I'm still a couple weeks away from actually using them but I have done TONS of cloth diaper research and I have learned a lot so if you have questions...let me know :)

For the newborn phase (up to 12 lbs) I am using mostly prefolds with covers (Bummis, thirsties and sweet pea prefolds) and also a couple fitted cloths (kissaluvs) with covers. Seems to be the most economical.

After 12 lbs I have a mix of the same, and pocket diapers and all in ones! I got lots of types and I figure I'll see what I like and sell what I don't!

THanks Gaia - Did you buy them new? I just don't know where to get them. I'd like to find a store to go in and look at them rather than online. IT's hard to tell what will work.

I'm worried about cost, but am also willing to spend a little more in hopes it pays off. I don't want to be folding all the time and worry about leakage, nor do I want to dunk anything into the toilet. I don't care what they look like either. I looked at some sites with used, but I couldn't believe they were all stained!! No way. That's going beyond my comfort zone.

I'd like to do what you did, get a variety and see what I like. Approx how much did you spend? I'm not sure how many to get for starters.

I got several packages of disposable diapers as gifts, so I'll probably use those first or a mix until I figure out the whole cloth scene.

I did get lots new (they were a BIG part of my registry for the shower) but also bought off of people on a Facebook swap and shop page in my local area. Nothing on there is stained, it's a great community for getting advice and finding used diapers. Where do you live? You should look in your area...

I also have 2-3 local stores that sell a HUGE selection so no shortage of resources here...

As far as leaks, I have heard cloth is actually better at containing breast milk blowout poops than disposable, but overnight can mean more leaks. Also no need to dunk anything while baby is still exclusively BF because the poop is water soluble. When they're eating solids you can attach a little sprayer to the toilet or use liners that you can flush...or dunk - whatever works!

You're getting really close, gaiagirl! I'm getting excited for you!

Eeeek! The nervous anticipation is starting to get to me! I feel a bit like a ticking time bomb :)

Lol. Good luck. I still have five weeks and I already feel like that.

LOL - I just got a visual of a countdown timer on your tummy!!

Same old, same old...despite trying every trick in the book! Lol

No signs or anything :( just waiting now I guess...

Good luck gaiagirl!! Hope LO doesn't take too long!

gaiagirl sending you labour :dust:

Hope it happens soon for you! DS was a week overdue and I remember thinking he was never going to come, but with no warning or any early labour my water broke and 7hrs later I was pushing.

Just thought I'd share - car seat recall in Canada! The Britax Boulevard 65-G3, Pavilion 65-G3, and Advocate 65-G3
https://www.snugglebugz.ca/blog/pro...acebook&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=blog

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->