Canadian Ladies!! 1st, 2nd and 3rd trimesters.... Now everyone can stay in touch!

Hmmm... I've had many vivid dreams, sometimes they are super scary, like zombie dreams... None super violent since being pregnant though. But super vivid and memorable! I'm thinking it's hormones making your dreams more vivid and possibly unconscious worries being symbolized in that way? Death in dreams does not necessarily symbolize actual death. It could be your minds way of dealing with some subconscious worries about things changing once baby comes, how it will be the "death" of the life your used to and the beginning of something brand new. Just a guess! Death in tarot, and in dreams at times symbolizes the end of something and the start of something new.

DH has been joking that the violence in my dreams is my sub conscious fear for my lady parts during labour. Lol. Smart ass. I guess maybe its just that they are more vivid and that's why it's shocking. Not really worried about it so much as wondering if anyone else has had it happen

Hi Medic, just to put you even more at ease, I had some dreams that were quite horrible but have since stopped. Scary and tragic and a lot of times I was woken by them as I normally don't remember dreams. Lots of times it was to do with accidents involving people I know or even don't. I agree with the idea it's your bodies way of dealing with change and a subconscious way. Although maybe your hubby has it right too? (kidding) Hope they stop soon.

I have some crazy vivid dreams. Some are good, some not so good.

I friend of mine just told me carters.com ships to Canada now. There are some super cute baby clothes on there!

I have some crazy vivid dreams. Some are good, some not so good.

I friend of mine just told me carters.com ships to Canada now. There are some super cute baby clothes on there!

Love Carters stuff. My MIL travels down to the states alot and always used to bring home a ton of carters clothes for my girls when they were little. Good prices for some super cute stuff!

Hi ladies!

I love this thread! My name is Angela, I'm 25 and from Ottawa. This is our first. We conceived the first cycle we tried (so lucky and grateful!) the month after having my copper iud removed. DH thinks its a girl but I expect a boy. I'll be over the moon with either, just wishing for healthy either way!

Congratulations!!! Why do you expect a boy??
Whoops! I meant the opposite. DH thinks boy and I think girl.
I had always wanted boys and I just think I'll be the type to have 4 girls :lol: but ever since my niece was born I want a girl so that they can grow up so close ! Bunk beds and such :D
Either way I'm going to find out as soon as I can. I can't wait for gender prediction scan!!!!

That's awesome! I'm already planning a trip to target to outfit our nursery in the fall! The pricing differences are wild!

hey ladies! Is it too late for me to join this club? I'm 25 weeks now and live in Ottawa :)

So I don't know about you ladies but at 11 weeks something is already showing and it is not the much waited for baby bump! Instead it's the boobs!
And they still hurt very much! Last night DH made a joke that I thought summarizes the whole situation! Because of how uncomfortable they are now I couldn't just find the right sleeping position and kept pushing DH on his side of the bed and complaining that when he turns he touches me and it hurts! He was half asleep and really tired with my turning in bed and he said " Well, I really don't know how you want me to sleep because your boobs take half of the bed these days"! I laughed so hard it still hurts! So it's official, my boobs alone take half of a queen size bed!
Jokes aside, does any of you still have boobs that hurt at 11 weeks? Also, (TMI Alert) when does the whole wanting to have sex thing come back? I hope you are all well.

Oh i would also like to know when others have started to want to have sex... I have zero sex drive! :blush:

My boobs stopped hurting around 11/12 weeks and I initiated sex for the first time at 14/15 weeks...still wouldn't say my sex drive is high but it is an improvement!

Has anyone gone to the UC Baby 3D Ultrasound clinic? I want to pay for a ultra sound at around 12 weeks (since my dr. doesn't order one till 18 weeks). If you've been what did you think? Or have many of you paid for an ultrasound before your Dr. first orders one?

I don't want to come off as a crazy lady going in before my Dr. suggests, I just can't wait and at the very least I want to hear the heartbeat?

Hmmmmm I would order a Doppler before getting a 3D ultrasound that early...the reason people like the 3D is to see baby's little face but at 12 weeks it is not quite...the same, lol. I am getting an additional US at 20 weeks to find out gender but thats only because they won't tell you the sex here at the 18 week one.

A Doppler might be a better use of $$$ because you can use it from 12 weeks to whenever you feel regular movement and it is really reassuring!

I know the ultrasound place does a thing called the Heart Beat Bear, where they record the babies heart beat to replay in a stuffed bear. That isn't what i'm looking for, but that makes me think that i could maybe go there to just hear the heart beat?

I could be wrong. Maybe i should just stop worrying and just wait :)

Haven't been to UC baby myself but did do some snooping on their website and they offer ultrasound from the begining of pregnancy to the end. Their site tells you what to expect at different stages and the benefits to ultrasound at every trimester. I wouldn't pay for the 3d at 12 weeks as it won't look at all like you might expect but they do also offer 2d.

In Alberta the only way to get into those clinics, even though they are private is with a doctors referral. They won't do a scan at a private clinic before a doctors had one done. They are techs that do the ultrasounds and they don't have a doctor to look at them after for complications or problems... The only way for ours to get done was for us to show proof of my first US and have my doctors referral form. After that you can pay for as many as you want after the 20 week mark

I would wait a while to get the 3d till your further along. The picture will be much better then. And hearing babies heart beat is amazing and its even better when you have to wait longer to hear it as it is stronger when your further along. :flower:

Whoops! I meant the opposite. DH thinks boy and I think girl.
I had always wanted boys and I just think I'll be the type to have 4 girls :lol: but ever since my niece was born I want a girl so that they can grow up so close ! Bunk beds and such :D
Either way I'm going to find out as soon as I can. I can't wait for gender prediction scan!!!!

Oh okay. I just found out Friday that I'm having a little boy. I really wanted a baby girl at first but now that I know I'm having a little man I'm super excited about him!!! Your planning on having four? I told OH we are having ten haha but I think we will probably have three as there is only room for three in the back of the truck. He doesnt want to get a van. :haha:

do you girls generally recommend getting a 3D or 4D scan? There are a few places here in Ottawa I can do it but wondering if the cost is worth it.

Hope everyone is having a great Victoria Day! Unless it's just a BC holiday...

Can't advise on 3D because I haven't done it. TBH it's a bit much for me, I want to see babys face for the first time when theyre born, but friends have done it and loved it!

Here is the pic we used to announce to friends on FB!

Attachments

• baby shoes.jpg
    baby shoes.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe