Canadian Ladies!! 1st, 2nd and 3rd trimesters.... Now everyone can stay in touch!

I know the ultrasound place does a thing called the Heart Beat Bear, where they record the babies heart beat to replay in a stuffed bear. That isn't what i'm looking for, but that makes me think that i could maybe go there to just hear the heart beat?

I could be wrong. Maybe i should just stop worrying and just wait :)

If you just want to hear the heart beat a doppler would be easier. I didnt get one myself, but my doctor was able to find the heart beat first try at 11 weeks.

Hi gals,

I'm in Vancouver and am pretty early on with my 3rd baby! Would love to join this thread :)

And I just read about boob pain - I feel ya!!! Mine are awful this time around. I also have zero sex drive. Glad to hear I'm not the only one :blush:

Hey vancouver_mom,
Welcome on the forum and congrats on the :bfp: !
And yes, boob pain is no joke! Poor DH told me that I might become a virgin again if the sex drive doesn't come back soon !!! Heheheh, he thinks he is funny!

Hi gals,

I'm in Vancouver and am pretty early on with my 3rd baby! Would love to join this thread :)

And I just read about boob pain - I feel ya!!! Mine are awful this time around. I also have zero sex drive. Glad to hear I'm not the only one :blush:

Here is the pic we used to announce to friends on FB!

That is super cute! We announced my pregnancy at my 30th birthday party. Then I just made a status on FB when we found out we were having a girl.

Hi gals,

This is my first pregnancy but I def had the damn boob pain in the first trimester. They were just so sore you couldn't touch them. Thankfully that went away after week 9.

Hey vancouver_mom,
Welcome on the forum and congrats on the :bfp: !
And yes, boob pain is no joke! Poor DH told me that I might become a virgin again if the sex drive doesn't come back soon !!! Heheheh, he thinks he is funny!

Hi gals,

The sex drive comes back with a vengence.... :blush: Just wait for it. :thumbup:

Hi ladies,

would love to join you all! I'm finally pregnant with number 3 after 9 months of trying. I have always been hypothyroid and my levels for the past little while being messed up we finally got them stabilized with a med increase and we finally got our bfp!! This is hubby's first so we're very excited :)

I think I'm the only Manitoba girl here.

Welcome to the new ladies!
We had our 20 week scan on Friday and I managed to stay on team :yellow:
My little Turkey is dancing up a storm these days <3
I was avoiding BnB because everyone was tempting me with there gender announcements lol But im back now!

Welcome to the new ladies!
We had our 20 week scan on Friday and I managed to stay on team :yellow:
My little Turkey is dancing up a storm these days <3
I was avoiding BnB because everyone was being so tempted with everyone's gender announcements lol But im back now!

We also had our 20 week scan last week and are also staying "yellow". Starting to have a feeling this one might be a boy but we'll see when it arrives! I hear you on the movements. Baby is kicking and flipping all over the place in there! I never get used to the feeling and am completely amazed each and every time.

We may have to start the name thing soon, thought we had a few picked out but I'm on the fence now... I'm hoping this time around I'll get to see baby before hubby yells out a name at delivery! Time is flying by now and with a busy summer just around the corner this kids going to be here before I know it. Enjoy each moment ladies, as much as we can't wait to see our little ones there'll be times you're going to wish they were back on the inside!

Hello to all the new ladies to the group and congratulations on your pregnancies!

Hey Medic,
Are you showing yet? Nothing on my end!!! :roll:Arghhhh.....i want a baby bump already!

The sex drive comes back with a vengence.... :blush: Just wait for it. :thumbup:

Nope. No bump yet :shrug: I have days where I'm bloated and it looks like a bump but then I get back to just looking a bit fluffy. I was actually in the process of losing some weight when we got pregnant so I'm about 25 lbs heavier then I usually am already. Scared about gaining too much but so far I have managed to lose 6 lbs. lol. I haven't been sick and I'm eating like crazy do I guess it's just the metabolism kickin in.
I really thought the bump was here a few weeks ago. Wishful thinking I guess. I had to go a size up in work pants already though. I'm going to sneak into emergency tonight and let my partner at work and the nurse on call try to find te heart beat with the Doppler. I love the access I have to all the machines. Lol. We were hanging out there late last night waiting for the little ultrasound machine but it was too busy to get one done :(.

Any new baby item purchases?? Room decoration ideas??

Glad to hear things are going well with everyone!
Been a bit nervous last couple of days. Once, just when wiping, yesterday and today I had some red spotting. Both times after a little straining for a bm. Hoping that's just what caused it! Both times I ran to the doppler and found the little heartbeat, nice and strong. Hopefully all is well! I'm still feeling super sick so that's gotta be a good sign!

I was trying to lose weight before I got pregnant too. But the last months have been so hard that I could barely keep anything in! Some of my pants are a little tighter but am not sure if it's because of weight gain or simply this constant bloating thing!
Or may be I just wanna go shopping for maternity pants, I find them so comfy!!! I am not eating much but the energy is slowly coming back. Boobs are still hurting and I sleep a lot but the queasiness only comes when I haven't eaten much. I have refrained from buying a Doppler because I would not put it down! Next appointment is Thursday of next week so we will see how things are! I can't wait to start showing, people are way nicer when they see a pregnant woman! They smile at you (and hopefully not touch your belly uninvited !!!!)
I have not bought anything yet(wanted to wait after three months) for little bean yet! Not decorating yet( am so superstitious )! So after next week's ultrasound am gonna get busy!!!

Nope. No bump yet :shrug: I have days where I'm bloated and it looks like a bump but then I get back to just looking a bit fluffy. I was actually in the process of losing some weight when we got pregnant so I'm about 25 lbs heavier then I usually am already. Scared about gaining too much but so far I have managed to lose 6 lbs. lol. I haven't been sick and I'm eating like crazy do I guess it's just the metabolism kickin in.
I really thought the bump was here a few weeks ago. Wishful thinking I guess. I had to go a size up in work pants already though. I'm going to sneak into emergency tonight and let my partner at work and the nurse on call try to find te heart beat with the Doppler. I love the access I have to all the machines. Lol. We were hanging out there late last night waiting for the little ultrasound machine but it was too busy to get one done :(.

Hey Jules,
Am sorry you're going through this!! Arghhhhh...I know how worried it makes one feel but I think it is just a scare. Usually they say that as long as it is not a lot of blood, one should not worry. Try to rest and may be drink a lot of fluids to ease the bms? I went through similar thing last week (although no bleeding). Hang in there and stay positive.

Glad to hear things are going well with everyone!
Been a bit nervous last couple of days. Once, just when wiping, yesterday and today I had some red spotting. Both times after a little straining for a bm. Hoping that's just what caused it! Both times I ran to the doppler and found the little heartbeat, nice and strong. Hopefully all is well! I'm still feeling super sick so that's gotta be a good sign!

I was trying to lose weight before I got pregnant too. But the last months have been so hard that I could barely keep anything in! Some of my pants are a little tighter but am not sure if it's because of weight gain or simply this constant bloating thing!
Or may be I just wanna go shopping for maternity pants, I find them so comfy!!! I am not eating much but the energy is slowly coming back. Boobs are still hurting and I sleep a lot but the queasiness only comes when I haven't eaten much. I have refrained from buying a Doppler because I would not put it down! Next appointment is Thursday of next week so we will see how things are! I can't wait to start showing, people are way nicer when they see a pregnant woman! They smile at you (and hopefully not touch your belly uninvited !!!!)
I have not bought anything yet(wanted to wait after three months) for little bean yet! Not decorating yet( am so superstitious )! So after next week's ultrasound am gonna get busy!!!

I LOVE my maternity pants already. I dont need to wear them but I find myself in them more often then my regular pants since they dont sit on my pelvis and make me feel like i cant breathe.
We had already started buying things that we thought were cute about a year ago so I have several large bins full of stuff. We bought a Zapp stroller from a friend that never used it (still in the package) and it came with a carseat and base. We were able to get a bassinette from my parents that my great grandfather made my dad. And we have been buying end of the season stuff from the winter like the fluffycar seat covers and such, since its all on sale and we will need it come December. Im trying to find things now that I can buy in the right size for the baby... like getting 6-12 month onsies for summer. Im not buying alot, just one or two things when I think they are cute :) We bought a few toys and a mobile while we were visiting family since we were shopping and Zellers is going out of business.. it was alll 80 percent off. Cant complain!

I love maternity pants!! I wore regular work pants today and regretted every second of it...they were so uncomfortable!

I swear by Lululemon pants for the first and second tri's and even the third. Way comfier than maternity pants that can feel like you need to hike them up all the time. Definitely investing in a couple more pairs (I have a slight lulu addiction) this pregnancy. :)

I love my lulus too! I haven't tried any mat-pants yet....anyway, my only beef with lulus is that sometimes they are ridiculously expensive! But comfortable for sure.

I swear by Lululemon pants for the first and second tri's and even the third. Way comfier than maternity pants that can feel like you need to hike them up all the time. Definitely investing in a couple more pairs (I have a slight lulu addiction) this pregnancy. :)

If you want lulu's for cheap.. check out Costco. If you can find the Costco brand of "lulu's" i swear they are the exact same for a fraction of the price! You have to find the actual Kirkland brand ones though.

I bought the costco ones, and a pair of real lulus at the same time, washed them the same amount and wore them the same amount. To see how they compare, and they are great! They hold up as well, and keep their fit. You can also get them in short, regular or long length, carpis style or full length pants.

I can't find them in the costco in my city (saskatoon, sk), but I have seen them other places, expecially in the states. I am always on the look out for them!

I buy the ones from costco too! So comfy...and agreed...exactly the same as lulu but half the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->