Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

DH and I are too. It's a cornball show but we enjoy it. :)

Time to clean up the post Christmas mess.

I LOVE Corner Gas. We were considering Oscar as Tobe's first name, but husband was pretty sure that he would constantly be expecting him to shout "jackass!" at everyone! :)

Glad everyone had a great xmas. We had a huge and wonderful feast with family, including a dear aunt and uncle and cousin that I haven't seen in a very long time. And have been out tobogganing or skiing everyday so far!

Big congrats to Stiina and beautiful little Stella! :cloud9:

Way to go on the jeans, SN! I worked really hard and lost all sorts of weight last spring and am now packing it back on again, having been completely indulging myself for most of the summer and all of the fall. I'll be doing a resolution about it, but rather than a number on the scale, I'm taking a page out of Tiff's book - it's about a lifestyle change: half hour of activity a day. I'm trying to see it as health, rather than a daily chore. :wacko:

Glad you had a good Christmas Sarah!

Good luck with your next dinner Lisa :)

Well done on fitting into your pre-preggo jeans Starry!

We did some impromptu cleaning today as Stan spilled everything that was precariously stacked on to of Hannah's art shelves so we went through it all and threw out stuff that we don't really use :lol: it does look better now and will hopefully be easier to get to things.

Like I said, I don't deserve praise really. I haven't been putting in a huge effort. But now I am motivated to actually try! I was never a small lady so the thought of being even bigger just gets me down. Of course, the joke is I will finally get back to normal and then find myself pregnant again. lol

And I agree about the lifestyle change versus numbers on a scale. I had lost weight in my early 20s just by walking, drinking water vs. pop, switching to skim milk in my coffee vs cream, having just one piece of cake at a party instead of like, 12....you get the idea. ha ha

Then I got married and started cooking with cheese...

I hear ya Starry! Congrats on getting into your pre-preg pants!

OH MAN I was going to murder this little kid tonight. :lol: Not Claire, but these little brats at the McDonalds that we brought her to as a treat. It was a different one, but because she had so much fun at the other PlayPlace we decided to bring her out again. Not sure if it was because it was later or whatever from the last time we went but we had to tell this little boy a few times to stop hitting her and shoving her. :growlmad:

It had this small kiddy slide then climbing things going up to the bigger slides. Claire was fine going on the small kiddy one, and then this little shithead (sorry, I'm pissed :blush:) actually jumped down off the platform he was on, ran up to her and shoved her into the slide. I saw RED. :blush:

Worse still there were NO parents in there, it wasn't the kind where there's tables and whatnot to sit and eat and watch your kids. So all the parents of these hellions were off around the corner, not even watching their kids. Claire was so distraught we ended up having to leave, which made her wig out more because she hadn't had any time to really play in there.

I was really pissed. :nope: I don't think we'll go back to that one.

sorry to hear that Tiff. I'd be pissed. i'd be hunting down said parents and giving them a peice of my mind!

:grr: Tiff! I'd be really upset as well :growlmad:

:hugs:

Good luck Starry!

I lost a fair bit of weight before I got pregnant with #2. Unfortunately there have been a lot of stresses with this pregnancy so I've put more than I'd ideally like back on (though yeah some of it is pregnancy weight not all of it is). I'm not really trying to lose but I do want to focus on eating healthier and exercising more frequently now :)

Oh Tiff, I would be livid and looking for parents. It also sounds like a bad set-up, although either way the parents should be keeping an eye on what is going on.

Yeah, can honestly say I never actually thought about hurting another kid before today. :blush:

I feel like the scum of the earth. :blush:

Some kids are just bratty and tough to like. I don't know why parents wouldn't stop their kids from bullying others. I know good parents can have "those" kids because my SiL had some issues with my nephew. He was the kid who pushed the other kids in nursery but they really worked with him not to do that anymore. She was so embarrassed.

And any child's playground should be designed to make it easy for parents to watch.

*sigh* You'd think, eh?

Yeah my SIL has a neighbour who's probably the sweetest girl of life but her kiddo is a bit aggressive with my nephew.

So! How is everyone today? :mrgreen: We did some boxing week shopping, decided that I wanted a new Guess purse with the mall gift cards everyone gave me, I looooove it! Didn't hurt that it was 30% off as well! :wohoo: Found some tops, and really found that I need to shed some pounds. :blush: Wow!!! :shock: Didn't realize just how much I packed back on over the holidays. :blush:

Ahh well, no more excuses. Off to do some exercising!

I wanted to shop today but the kiddo just wasn't in the mood after the movie :haha: Oh well, my bank account will thank me :rofl:

Glad you were able to find some good deals. Good luck with the exercising :hugs: It's not easy to get motivated to do it, even for me and I enjoy exercising most of the time.

I freaking HATE it! There's so many people who are all "oooh, I absolutely LOVE doing it" etc etc etc but that is definitely not me. :blush: I don't get the feel-good rush after a workout, I don't feel accomplished... nada.

I keep trying to shift my views on it but it doesn't work. :(

:hugs: I wish I lived closer we could work out together while the girls played!

I find it more motivating to have someone pushing me along :blush:

though really the non-toned look I saw the other day has pushed me to try and get back on track with at least exercising, no promises on food :haha:

Exercise buddy is one of many reasons why I wished we lived closer Vickie! :hugs:

We watched the season finale of Terra Nova when C was down for her nap, super good! Does anyone else watch it? Its kind of like Jurassic Park meets LOST. :haha:

yes there are many reasons why it'd be great to live closer :( Or own a car so I wasn't so limited in when we could visit :hugs:

I haven't watched that show. The only new show we really started watching this year was Grimm.

Its really good! Lemme know if you're interested in it, we can give you the first couple episodes next time we see you guys. :mrgreen:

What's Grimm about? Is that like Brothers Grim? We've been hooked on Terra Nova and Californication. Although Californication gets a bit depressing after awhile. :haha:

it's a cross between a cop show and Supernatural :haha:

It's okay, not my favorite show out there (Supernatural and Merlin continue to be our favorites) but I like it well enough. I think Stan really likes it :lol:

it's kinda about the Grimm stories yes, but a modern day version :)

I finally worked up the courage to kick Mike out. He started making threats again to hurt me, and has been severely depressed and suicidal again lately, but refusing to get help, so I called the police on him tonight. He admitted to depression that's been escalating to anger and violence, but wouldn't admit to being suicidal so they couldn't take him in to the hospital, but because of the anger and violence admission, they took him elsewhere, and as set by me, he's not allowed back here or allowed to see his kids until he agrees to get some psychiatric help.

I hope he takes this seriously and gets help.

Wow Brandi.
I am so sorry you are going through that.
I really hope that everything works out for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->