Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

Too busy still from Christmas lol.

Trying to get my house back on track, and Elliot is the clingiest baby in the world.

Just had him in the swing while I gobbled down some dinner.

:wacko:

Does anyone else have to literally hold their kid every waking hour of the day?

^I did with Hannah and it was HARD. She was fine at night for the most part but yeah there was a lot of daytime holding.

:hugs:

Hope you feel better Amanda

we were gone most of the day :sleep: and are about to go watch a movie since we got the kiddo down early (we'll see if she stays asleep though she was overly tired and that doesn't generally bode well for us :haha:)

Yes Wendy....had to do that with Alia :hugs:
Once she got around 5 or 6 months old she had more fun with tummy time/crawling and playing with her toys.

Amanda....I'm still pregnant too hehe :lol:

I purged my house today of everything Christmas...and then went on a 5 hour cleaning spree. It's so clean that I'm watching N like a hawk to make sure he doesn't drop a crumb :haha:

Wanna come clean here too Melissa?

Hope you feel better Amanda.

B wasn't much into alone time until she started being mobile, and wasn't fond of her swing or anything.

Took the Christmas tree down today and did a bit of cleaning then had some shopping to do at Costco and a birthday party to go to.

Well Im sure it feels nice now Melissa, to just be waiting for J to arrive. :) I know that when I was right close to the end, and my house was clean... knowing I was prepared and it was just a matter of time before she came was a ncie feeling. :winkwink:

I hope everyone who's sick feels better! :(

Wendy - I think some kids are just clingy (its HARD though, I know). Kyree was super clingy until about 5 months when she could venture off, then never wanted me to hold her (unless sick) where as Alora is a complete suck, and still wants to sit on me ALL the time, be carried... picked up, etc. Its just a matter of their personality. Though E is still young so could just be that he's a bit gassy, etc... or it could just be the way he is too. ;)

:hugs: amanda you do really well with your pregnancies so it is no suprise that your body is handling twins well and you havent gone into premature labour yet! Thats a great thing, you babies will be big and healthy when they finally arrive.

:hugs: wendy, peyton has always been clingy! I think boys are just super clingy!

:hugs: Amanda. I hope you start to feel better soon, hang in there!!

Wendy- I just met my friend's 4 week old son today. Super small and cute but he demands to be held constantly. They can catch a break with his bouncy chair (putting on the vibration) sometimes but I don't really know what to say. I'm sure it is worse when it's your second, bc you have H and everything else to take care of too. I hope he gives you a break soon!! :hugs:

Brandi I'm sorry to hear about what's going on an I hope thy you and your kids are happy and safe wherever you end up and with whatever outcome.

I took down my tree. Normally we wait until after the Epiphany to take down Christmas stuff but I'm dying to get my living room back to normal since I'm already dealing with reduced space in my house. Nothing really exciting going on here though. :(

Actually the health nurse said the same thing, Joss. That boys are generally more clingy to their moms.

Yeah I don't mind, and I am very thankful to have a baby to hold, but I feel bad for Helena.

Quick hello from me!
Am preparing for the big 3 for Simon tomorrow! very exciting stuff! It will start at the crack of dawn and carry on until...oh probably 7 pm!! :haha: The birthday boy is so tired from all the skiing and swimming pool frolicking that he passed out at 6:30 tonight. Like stone cold exhausted. :)
Thank effin god.
I can barely keep up with the two of them right now and even though my parents are being absolutely awesome, there is no relaxing here. It is NOT babyproof! :) Not that babyproofing ever stopped my boys from serious mischief.
I need to fall over and go to sleep.
But I am s enjoying the peace and quiet that I will probably go read some of my new book or maybe play a mindless computer game and kill a few brain cells. Ahhhh. Sounds heavenly!

Yay for birthday festivities for Simon!

Busy day today here too. :sleep: I'm ready for bed.

Holy crap, 3 already?? Where did the time go? I hope you guys have a blast! If you want a break from watching the kids like a hawk, we're only 2 hours away and we're pretty kid proofed. What's available is totally ok for them to play with (minus under the sink, I've just trained her to not go in there unless she's throwing garbage away).

Have fun tomorrow!!

Amanda :hugs: I hope the next few weeks fly by!

Tasha, we need to take down ours too, we came back and it's dead and Amira has so much new stuff we need the extra room lol

Wendy bring him to me, I'll free up those arms!

Didn't catch much else. I should be on more because Peter got me a thinkpad and holy crap is it a thing of beauty! I can use it on its own or hook it up to the keyboard thingamajig and use it more like a laptop (which I'm doing right now).
I also finally used skype with my best friend a little bit ago. Love it!

I hope you girls are doing awesome! :hugs:

Happy Birthday Simon!!! Can't wait to hear about it! Have a great day guys :cake:

Happy 3rd birthday Simon! I hope you all have a great day :)

That's awesome Rach! :happydance:

Happy Birthday Simon!!! :happydance:

:hugs: Wendy I think some babies just need to be held more. Andrew was always pretty content on his own, but I don't think it has anything to do with what I did, just his personality. It must get tiring with a busy preschooler too.

I know that my SIL nearly lost her mind with how much my biggest nephew needed to be hugged, cuddled, etc. Hang in there Mama! I'm sure the lack of sleep along with the cuddlemonster probably isn't helping matters either. :(

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->