Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

Awww Wendy :hugs:
I hear that southern Ontario is nice this time of year...you should visit :winkwink:

I'd love to do a cruise again, we went on an Alaskan cruise in 2004 (God that seems so long ago) and that was really nice. Eventually we'd like to go on an Caribbean cruise but we'll see when we can afford that (And afford to close the shop for 1-2 weeks).

Vickie you really need to come for a visit out here, we're surrounded by mountains!

Well I've been to the falls once for a night.
:lol:

Poop.

Melissa, that would not be a vacation lol. I used to live in Brockville. (and after that London lol)

Tiff, I grew up in the Niagara Region. Truly beautiful part of the country and I miss it incredibly. But Manitoba is pretty great too. Seriously, it's much nicer than I was expecting.

It is a beautiful area for sure! :hugs:

Yeah I wouldn't want to bring Claire anywhere in the all inclusive places either Kate. It was hard leaving her when we went but truth be told she had a blast staying with my MIL. Your girls will have a blast as well, and they're definitely used to hanging out with your Mom too. :hugs:

Wendy when the kids are older and if you don't overly care about where you go unless its a sunny destination you could always do the last minute travel sale packages. I've seen 7 nights all inclusive to Cuba for $200+tax. Might be worth a shot?

I wanna do that right now Tiff :rofl: :rofl:

Yeah, I am def. going away for Christmas soon instead of buying presents, and then me and B can do a vacation as well.

Yeah thats P and my plan. We're going to book a week off work and just take one of the last minute vacations. As long as its 4-5 star, we don't care where we go. :shrug: It will be kind of exciting that way I think! :lol:

Next Christmas P and I are just doing stockings, since we are going away. The trip will be more than enough of a present for us both. :)

We will go on a vacation one day LOL.... Maybe in a year or so... We really want to go to florida one year though and I know that is going to take some serious saving... anyone i've spoken to has said to rent a condo instead of actually staying at disney, aparently a condo for a week there is nicer and costs less then staying at disney 4 nights or whatever.

Tom and I would also like to drive down to the east coast to new bruinswich which would be a nice thing to do once at least 2 of the kids are a bit older LOL...

That's exactly what we did this year as well. Just stockings! :mrgreen: Our trip is my birthday/valentines day/his birthday/christmas/anniversary gift to each other. :haha:

I've gone on a few visiting family vacations in Nova Scotia, Ontario, and Quebec. Someday we will get on an all inclusive.

Happy New Year everyone!

We had an amazing day out on a property on the Slocan River (super beautiful area) with a bonfire on the beach and lighting little wooden boats on fire and sending them out into the water. Absolutely lovely!
And I think we're all packed and ready for a very early start tomorrow. Loooonnnnnggg drive home tomorrow.

A bonfire on the beach sounds amazing! Sounds like you had a great time.

All-inclusives don't really sound like they'd be either my or Dh's cup of tea. We went to Disney World for our honeymoon (we stayed off resort and did things cheap) and we had such a huge blast. We want to start saving so we can bring the kid(s) some day.

A week at an all-inclusive sounds nice, just to experience it one time I think.

I really want to take Elyse to Algonquin soon. And Myrtle Beach, Florida/Disney in a few years.

Sarah that sounds beautiful! What a great end to your Christmas holidays!

Drive carefully tomorrow!

Hi Starry, I don't think I've introduced myself. I'm Rachel (30), married to Peter (38) and we have a soon to be 2 year old named Amira :) We live in BC. :)

Disney/Give Kids The World was absolutely amazing. We still have dreams about it from time to time. I'd love to take the kids back there one day when they're a bit older, and maybe have Anberlin come along too. I'm considering going back to GKTW one day to volunteer for a week. They gave us so much and created such an amazing week, that there's no way I can't give back in some way.

All of our vacations are to TX right now to visit family :rofl: I would like to take the kids to Disney World one day though.

Glad you had a good NYE Tiff!

Hope your plane trip goes okay Starry! We took Hannah on a flight around 5 months old and it went a lot better than I expected :rofl:

Sarah that sounds beautiful! What a great end to your Christmas holidays!

Drive carefully tomorrow!

Hi Starry, I don't think I've introduced myself. I'm Rachel (30), married to Peter (38) and we have a soon to be 2 year old named Amira :) We live in BC. :)

:wave:

I haven't visited mainland BC since I was 2 (have family there) but I have been to Vancouver Island (Victoria) once.

Vickie - I do think most of our travels for the next few years at least will be between Saskatchewan and Ontario where we have family. D is a pretty good kid so as long as we figure out the formula-on-a-plane process it should be fine. If he can fall asleep in the middle of church (Dh is a pastor) then I think he should be able to sleep on a plane.

Disney is our goal for when D is 10. We figure that is an age where he can still enjoy it without being "too cool" and any potential future siblings will be old enough to remember it.

We took the ready made containers for Hannah and didn't have any issues at all :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->