Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

I'm gonna check that site out too! I'd totally do jar living for a couple of months to save...

I hope J feels better Sara.

Hopefully Tobe is napping for you Sarah and Simon is playing with his new toys instead of "helping".

Not much going on today, I feel really blah so hoping I can come out of it soon. Not sure why though as OH let me sleep in a bit and made me breakfast this morning.

We do "envelopes" for our monthly budget. For example, at the beginning of the month I take out $240 and put it into the "grocery" envelope. That is our grocery money for the month. You may think that is a small amount, but we have no kids and my parents have a farm and supply us with most of our meat. I try and spend $60 a week on groceries...it usually works well, I don't even bring my debit card into the store, because then I am not tempted to spend more.
You can do envelopes for gas, spending etc.

Oh my goodness, to only spend $60 a week on groceries. :blush: Our groceries is about $100 a week or so. :wacko: Mainly because we *try* to eat healthy, and apparently its far cheaper to eat crap. :growlmad:

So it looks like we're having a feline houseguest for a little while! My friend is going through a rough time (not for me to post about on here) and they were going to have to bring their Siamese to the pound. We offered to watch him for a little while until she can find a good home for him, etc or get into a position that she can take the cat herself. P is in his glory, he ADORES cats. Me? Not so much but I'll deal. :lol:

Xmas tree is undecorated and mostly packed. I have a big bucket of ornaments to repair, but hopefully I will get that done tonight and this whole thing will be packed away in the morning. I just about lost my marbles trying to get that damn thing put away with both toddlers pulling stuff back out again.
Kind of broke my NY resolution to keep yelling to a minimum.... :blush:
Only once or twice, though! So, I'm getting better! :)

These roofers are kind of a-holes. They have set up a huge machine on my porch right in front of my door. I can't open my door to leave. And there is constantly crap falling off the roof on all sides of the house, so I am nervous to even stick my head out the back door to tell them we want out. And they are smoking in my yard and parked their trash container right in our parking spot.
I hate them. :growlmad:

:) Listen to me being so cranky. I need to get out of the house. Quickly!
If you hear a tragic news story about a mother being killed by falling roof tiles while trying to leave her house, you know it's me.... :eek:

Oh Sarah, I would be nicely letting your landlord know that it would be greatly appreciated if she would inform you of any futher maintenance that will be going on. I hope you are able to get out of the house ok.

how inconsiderate Sarah!

We had painters here a while back who smoked out front and I had to close all the windows in the house (it was still warm enough out to have them open) because of the smell :sick:)

I hope that they finish up quickly :hugs:

Hannah loved taking decorations off the tree :haha: More than she liked decorating I think :rofl:

I hope you can get all of your stuff put away. It's a monumental task! :hugs:

Enjoy your house guest Tiff! :lol: How is Gizmo with cats?? Claire will be happy too I'm sure :rofl: She seems to love our two cats.

very tired today :sleep: Had a friend over this morning/early afternoon which was fun but now I'm exhausted :rofl:

might try to do the living out of a jar thing too ! I have my student loan in my bank and its so hard not to just spend like crazy!

i hate to say it, but as a family we don't need to live out of jar money... just me :blush: i have been better this week... but i have gymbucks good in 16 days that are buring a hole in my pocket :rofl:

i actually got out to the gym tonight. Tim watched J and she didn't cry at all. gives me hope. i did limit my outing so that it wasn't too much for J and to increase the chance of Tim watching her more often! but the 30 minute run felt FANTASTIC

That's great Sara! :yipee: And hopefully T will watch her more often so you can get out! You NEED to have some you time :hugs:

thats great. getting a little break from quintin makes everything much better. I have a few breaks at school where i can come home for an hour before a class and quintin stays at daycare and I live for those days :haha: sounds awful but I can go do whatever in that hour tho I mostly end up doing school work or cleaning :haha:

btw Im Rome,21,single parent to Quintin who is almost 2 . I only posted in this group a few times before now

:hi: Rome, I remember you posting in here a few times and recognize your name around the forum :)

Ugh I hope Hannah's happier tomorrow or I might give her away :haha:

Hi Rome!

:hi:

Spent the day at West Ed with Elliot while Brian had a colonoscopy (guess he has crohns :( ) They built this new nursing room with HORRIBLE chairs. Basically your upper half is laying down and no where to put your feet. Some lady put her jacket, her older daughters jacket, her diaper bag and her shopping bags behind her back so she could get in a somewhat good position :wacko: I'm so writing the mall a letter. It's nice that they built this room, but IT SUCKS. The hand dryers for the bathroom are right beside the area too, so Elliot kept jerking off every 2 seconds when the dryer went off.

I ended up going to Sears, which ALWAYS has a nice quiet area to sit COMFORTABLY.

I just read my thing, and Elliot jerking off...sounded bad.

Did you know...I actually have anxiety about him being a teenager lmao

I dont wanna deal with a teenage boy.

They seem gross :rofl:

:rofl: Wendy! I hadn't even thought of it that way :rofl:

We watched Bridesmaids last week and one of the characters on there has only boys and the way she describes them made me go :shock: :rofl:

Sorry to hear that the malls feeding areas were so uncomfortable :(

The ones here make me mad because I've seen janitors come out (having locked the door) with a book--I guess they go to read in there on their break!!

Now I feel bad for being so grouchy!
They (the roofers) turned out to be super fast and so nice when I went out to talk to them. They got the job done in one day. :thumbup:
And we did get out to the science centre for a great play time. We needed it. I felt bad for keeping the boys cooped up all day while I went on my mad cleaning frenzy, but it had to be done.
I still have lots to put away, but at least the play spaces are clear and well-organized.
Just about to punt sick and grumpy Tobe into his crib. I'm such a kind, caring mother! :haha:
I've nursed him so much today and I seriously need my body and just a little space back now. Good night, baby! :baby:

Hi Rome! :hi:

Have fun with the cat, Tiff! :)

Glad you got out to the gym, Sara! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back