Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

Quick hi from me!
Such a busy day of errands and chores. I am exhausted. I really need my boys to go to sleep. I didn't take a break all day and now my temper is set to highly irritable. And Simon is full of beans and Tobe is super-clingy. Not a great combo. I have kept the yelling/raising my voice to a minimum, however. It is so hard. I'm in a habit of it (after repeating myself 700 times, to be fair), but it still isn't how I want to communicate to my kids).

Rome, I just finished I am Half-sick of Shadows by Alan Bradley and have started Pirate King by Laurie R. King. Also have A Dance with Dragons by George RR Martin, and a whole bunch of others. :happydance: I am reading them at night, usually while BFing, Sara! :)

will have to go look up those :) I just finished reading the jaycee duggard book.freaky,

Hurry up Joni! :lol:

Ummmmmmm e-readers... my mom got a hot pink coloured Kobo Vox for Christmas... I LOVE IT... but I would love to hear more about the Kindles, I really don't know what the major differences are.. she just brings it everywhere with her in her bag, and she's finished 3 books since Christmas. I really want one... like sooooo badly... she says it's easier for reading in bed because you don't need the light on, so she just turns it off, the page is saved, when she is ready to go to bed... doesn't have to get up and turn off the light once she's all comfy... would be great for me because Andrew ALWAYS complains if I have the light on trying to read when he's going to bed.

I went to buy cigarettes for Andrew and just took cash and my driver's license... came home and put my license somewhere, can't find it... I have my first credit card coming in lol and I have to pick it up with valid photo ID w/ my address on it so.. praying to St. Anthony today I guess :wacko:

My SIL has a Kobo too and she said it was great for BFing because she only needed one hand to use it.

Hope you find your license Tasha!!!

I'm just sitting here waiting to go into labour :lol:

Think labourious thoughts, Melissa! haha. The full moon is coming January 9th ;)

Happy Due Date Melissa! Some people swear by eating pineapple to induce labour. Or some :sex: (bow chicka wow wow! :winkwink:) Hope she doesn't make you wait too long! :hugs:

Melissa tomorrow is a great day to have your baby! Although sooner the better I'm sure lol Hopefully she decides to come out soon!

I can't believe Amira is 2 tomorrow! It seems so crazy!

Tiff I was going to say go get yourself a pineapple girllll!!

I swear that is how I got Elyse out. I drank as much pineapple juice and ate as much pineapple as humanly possible from 37 weeks haha.

Hello, I'm from Ontario. Mommy to be!!! Can't wait, just found out. Has anyone done a 3D ultrasound before? I can't wait.

:wave: Hi Potatoes! Congrats on your pregnancy! I personally didn't have a 3D scan but there are a few ladies on here who did. :flower:

:hi: Potatoes!

I did have a 3D scan and hubby loved it, it made him feel closer to the baby in a way. We'll be doing one this time as well because hubby wants it :lol:

Tasha I don't know much about the Kindle vs. the Kobo. I have heard that the Kobo breaks more easily than the Kindle :shrug: The Kobo is Canadian based though. The Kindle I have doesn't have a light but you can buy a cover for it that does (I bought a cover but without the light as I don't really need it, but wanted the cover to protect the screen. I really like it :) It's easier to carry around the a book and will be great when I start taking Hannah back to her classes. I can also easily use it one handed. The one Stan bought me has a keyboard and wi-fi access too which is a bonus for me :D

:hi: Hi potatoes! Welcome and congrats!
I had a 3D by default (they just did them as part of my 20-week ultrasound :shrug: for my first). They are cool, but kind of creepy at that stage as baby has very little body fat. We called Simon "Gollum" until he was born after those pics! :)

So, rough night here. And an explanation for Simon's rotten little mood last night. He was up all night throwing up. Deeeee-lightful. And I am now just waiting for my turn. I have yet to escape a gastro episode once one of my kids get it. :sick:
Woohoo! Good times!

Better news: the trillionth of a second long glimpse I got into squirmy little Tobe's mouth did not offer any sight of a sore. Fingers crossed that he's all healed up!

I am intrigued by the e-readers, but it's not in the budget for awhile.
Meanwhile, I still enjoy my back-breaking bags of heavy library books.
Also, I like to read in the bath. Not sure how well that would mix with an e-reader....? :shower: :haha:

:hi: potatoes & welcome!!

We did a 3D ultrasound, when I was 25 weeks pregnant. I would recommend waiting longer if you want to get good/baby looking pictures; my LO was born pretty small & thin, but in her pictures she looked like skin and bones basically (from the ultrasound). Still a precious moment for us though, I loved it so much. And we opted to do it then so that we'd be able to find out the sex- at our 19 week ultrasound my little miss had her legs folded up under her and they couldn't tell what kind of parts she had lol

we got ours done at 27 weeks (they say 27-28 weeks is the best time) and the pictures were pretty good and fairly accurate :)

:rofl: Sarah I took my Kindle into the bath the other night and just made sure to have a very good grip on it :lol: It's a lot lighter than a regular book so I actually found it easier to hold on to

Sarah I'm on my iPhone in the bath right now :blush: I'm sure a Kindle is just as manageable.

Hope it is really soon Melissa. There are so many tricks for getting into labor. I don't know if any of them work honestly. My water did break last time 40min after sex, but that could be a coincidence.

Ya that's the thing...it could all be coincidence!! I guess it's just hard because I didn't go into labour on my own last time....and I know nobody is pregnant forever, but this time if I don't go into labour on my own then it's another c-section. Which wouldn't be the end of the world but I really want a VBAC.

Do you have a pump, Melissa? I used my double electric for 5 minutes before going to bed at 6 days overdue. It was 11:30pm, and by 2:40am, I was in labour.

I tried pumping last night and I wasn't a fan....it really hurt! So I'm not going down that route again :) Thanks though!

I got a tablet for my birthday and i downloaded the Kobo app. so the tablet is a more multi functional then the e-reader, but has the e-reader on it. i actually got a tablet from tiger direct for $300 and i had to spend a couple hours to jailbreak it to make it not a POS... but it works pretty good now and i really like it.

Hopefully today is the day Melissa!!

:wave: potatoes!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"