Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

Happy birthday Amira!!! :cake:

Nothing exciting happening here today. But only 20 days or less till things get much more interesting :thumbup:

i don't care for metro either. but if you have a gift card... im sure i could find something LOL

20 days Amanda!! you are so strong! YOU CAN DO IT!

Just had my cheat meal!! YUMMMM finally got J down for a nap and just emailing the lady at zehrs to book the community room for J's first birthday!

I never cared for the produce at No Frills but the one I used to work at in my old city was pretty scuzzy. The police came by more than I liked. Our town has two family-owned stores but I don't really shop there (except for milk, bread or little things I need). I tend to go to the Superstore in the nearest city though I prefer the produce from Sobeys. I've just done a side-by-side (or taste-by-taste) comparison of the two stores' strawberries. Sobeys wins hands down.

I've never been to a Metro.

glad you enjoyed your cheat meal Sara!

We had hot pot for dinner :munch: And I have chocolate cake for dessert :haha:

:yipee: for 20 days or less!!

or No Frills is usually pretty good but it has a very high turnover rate on all the fresh stuff so I think that helps

I've found Zehr's is the best for produce. No Frills is good as well, ditto for Sobey's. We tend to not go to Metro that often as its in the north end of town (furthest grocery store from us bar the North End Sobey's).

Our farmer's market goes all year round here. They move it indoors at City Hall then back outside again come May. I think that's because we're so close to Bradford which is like one of the biggest produce producing areas in Ontario. Rumour has it that the new building downtown by the bus terminal will be the year-round home of the farmer's market which I really, really hope is the case. Super easy to get to and accessible! :thumbup:

Hubby is home and we're going to watch an episode of Vampire Diaries. Didn't do the meal I wanted to do as I couldn't find Polenta. :nope:

20 days or less is a great way to count down, amanda! Your doing great :D

Happy Birthday Amira!

I've never been in the winter Vickie! :blush:

Mainly because it is such a clusterfuck in the summer with the booths far too close together that I've been afraid to see it indoors. :haha: I really should go though, or at least get back into doing the Good Food Box. That got me into using different veggies/fruits that I normally wouldn't buy!

there are 2 markets close to me that are year round... but i never go in the winter either. Im a zehrs aholic... i really should pick a cheaper grocery store... but i like zehrs.

Our farmer's market is twice a year. But we have 300 people in our town so I guess I should be thankful...

Man I thought my town of 2000 was small! lol!

I usually buy produce at this discount produce store and then buy groceries at superstore. I prefer sobeys, but for some reason, the closest good sobeys is...40 blocks south and about 50 blocks east. :wacko: Despite living right in the middle of the city.

when my mom drives me I like to shop at walmart, food basics,or no friles and once every few months I like to go to sobeys!

but when I walking I go to a local over priced grocery store who don't have much of a selection but good for fruit etc,

I'm going over to my mom's with Alia so she can play with her cousins who are visiting...we'll probably stay there for dinner. And then maybe coming home and getting more foot rubs?? :haha:

headed to a b-day arty for a little girl in one of Hannah's classes in a bit with T&V :)

spent the morning laying down though :haha:

Im gonna do some shopping, then go over my moms house . Quintin is sick but he likes to visit with my moms dogs on the weekend, :haha: soon as we get in my moms car he starts calling their names and gets all excited lol

Good morning!
Quiet day here. We're having a friend over for tea this afternoon, so we baked a cake and I'll be zipping around doing some housecleaning shortly.
Poor old Simon still has tummy issues. Another episode of barf last night. Hmmmm. The rest of us seem fine so far (knock wood).

Sending great gestation vibes to you, Amanda, on the home stretch and get the hell out of my womb vibes to Little Miss Overdue Joni!:)

Hope everyone else has a great day, too!:)

I hate Metro, so expensive! I shop at Fortinos, because they have everything you could possibly need. It's stupid because it's more expensive but they also have the best variety and best produce. I hate No Frills because the produce at ours sucks and I used to work there and I know how gross it was behind the scenes lol (not all but definitely the one I worked at). I like Food Basics a lot but they are in the sketchy areas here.. Freshco is ok, but I can get most of what I need and spend way less there. We also have 2 year round farmers markets and a place called Lococo's that does produce and meat mainly.

I also hate getting groceries at Wal Mart? The prices ARE good but I can't usually get a lot of what I need? I've only been to a Superstore once (not for groceries) because the nearest one is 20 mins down the QEW, but they seem way better...

Hope everyone has had a good weekend. It's been work sleep work sleep work for me. I still have 3 days to go after my shift tonight before I get ONE day off lol so pray for me :lol:

Hopefully we have some news from Melissa before my stretch at work is over!

And happy birthday Amira! Can't believe how fast that went!

Oh and I for some reason am just neutral about Sobeys. I think it's because they are good but I envy them from across the parking lot at work for not being open on holidays and not getting a bar rush at 2:30am

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->