Palm Tree
Scissors x2
Surfboard
Comb
Shampoo
Granola Bar?
Hat
CD

We had a cake at home on Hannah's actual birthday (I was worried with how shy she was that she would not eat in front of a big group and/or that I'd miss it because I had to take care of something) and we had her party at an indoor play area. At the time it worked for us because I had family up visiting and my house was a disaster!

I've just been forwarding extras to an outside email, and then offering to forward them to those who need it. Up for grabs:

Lipstick
CD x 2
Chips
Water x 2
Coconut - TAKEN
Kleenex - TAKEN
Palm Tree
Bucket
Hair dryer

I collected my hat and glasses. I have one entry to every grand prize. I'll share the rest of my prizes

Fanastic idea! I will do the same. I have an extra beach ball right now.

Hope you are able to get some rest Sarah.

What did everyone do for their LO's 1st birthdays? I am really not sure what to do right now, thinking of having 2 small parties at home, 1 of just a few close family members on her birthday and the 2nd on the weekend with a few of our friends with kids.

Lisa! I think you've got the right idea!!:thumbup:

I too had a huge party (rented the pool and had a pool party with a lot of people) and thinking back on it...I was so excited to celebrate that I went overboard...Peyton got tired really fast and wouldn't eat because of everything going on. Her 2nd birthday will be a lot smaller.

haha ya peyton was cranky and shy and wouldnt play with anyone anyways.

We had about 15 people over at my house. Anna loved it but she knew everyone very well and had her buddies to play with.

We had fun at Peyton's party :)

For Alia we just had family over for a BBQ...it still ended up being almost 20 people though because of our big families. It was nice though, but we had the room for it and people helped with food. This year we'll probably do the same.
Nathan has already mentioned Joni's first birthday and suggested that we tell everyone not to get her anything and that we should wrap up Alia's toys as presents...WTF? Just because Joni is our second daughter she gets screwed over....Not on my watch :lol:

Helena had a huuuuge birthday. Terri and Jaylene came. It was too much. Like way too much. But ill have to do the same for elliot or ill feel bad.

I'm big on holidays. I will freak out if everyone in the house doesn't participate. I had six roommates last halloween, and NONE of them bought candy, or dressed up, and they turned all the lights off. So I made them all wear sombreros and bought some sale chips last minute. No one takes away my holidays.. EVER! So, naturally, birthdays are a big thing. I'll probably go overboard on this little one's birthday. I can't help it. MUST BAKE CAKE WITH BAD DECORATIONS!

:rofl: @ nathan that is hilarious

We will probably have a friend party and a family party for each this year. I don't have many friends with kids, but their families are all growing LOL

Any present I buy for the kids gets shared at this point anyways so I just buy whatever I feel like they need. It isn't always a "toy" type thing either. Theres lots you can buy :D

That'd totally be something that P would say as well. :saywhat: That's what us Mommies are for, when the dads come up with a hairbrained idea :haha:

I love parties as well! I don't think I go that overboard, but our condo is on the smallish side so you get more than 5 people in here and it feels packed. :wacko:

Elyse's first birthday we just had a family dinner.

Elyse's second birthday, we had 4 kids and like 10 adults to the house. It was a lot of fun :) They just played with her toys/ran around and adults were able to socialize. I would do that again this year but since half my house is being used up by Andrew's stupid friend, I have to go elsewhere.

So we are thinking of doing her party at the indoor playground, Chatters, or at the Hamilton Childrens' Museum. Either way sucks because I don't want to be on a strict time limit, at home my friends were able to hang out for coffee and stuff iykwim.

Oh and if we are forced to go elsewhere for the party I already told Andrew he has to pay for the whole rental cost because it is all his fault :lol:

im doing a fairly large thing for J. I have rented the community room at zehrs. Even just close family family (grandparents, my sis, BIL, Bro his gf, SIL and Nana) is almost 20 people. Then with the handful of friends we are inviting.... it will be closer to 35 -40 people. and you can comfortably fit 5 people in my house ROFL.

Oh!!! Forgot to say CONGRATS to Amanda on the birth of her beautiful baby girls!!! :cloud9:

I'm still on the HELL NO team but seeing them did make my uterus cringe a wee bit. :blush: :haha:

^ :rofl: Me too. I don't know if I'm on Team Hell-No, or if I'm just on Team Not Now though!

haha sara, ya that was like Peytons birthday! I can't remember how many adults we had, it was over 20 though and then like 10+ kids... Our house isn't very big either so it was just complete chaos.

oh yeah joss it would be a nightmare to do here. but the community room was $75 to rent for the afternoon and i wont have to clean my house so i don't mind paying :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->