Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

Awwww Amanda, your girls are so adorable! Congratulations!

Women say I'm crazy, some even say psycho, that I LOVED labour. It's Aunt Flo I hate. Because of my endometriosis, my periods are absolutely horrid when it comes to pain. I'd rather do labour with a gift at the end every day than have my period ever again.

Anyone need any of these Optimum game pieces?

Hair dryer x 2
Comb
Lipstick
Beach Hut x 2
Coconut
Brush
CD
Wii-Mote
Bucket
Palm Tree
Sandals
Scissors
Candy
Lotion/Shampoo

Im still terrified of labour. Pregnancy was a very easy for me.

Sarah- love the new pic!

Sara- Glad the puking didn't spread.

Oops - that was weird. It didn't post in a quote - I was saying beautiful new avatar to you, Amanda (although I think everyone has lovely ones! :))

I think delivering B was the most amazing thing ever! I liked being pregnant but unfortunately pregnancy hates me, I hope next time will be different, although after 2 pregnancies I have my doubts. I do plan to go into it healthier next time and hope that helps and consult with my doctor on ways to prevent or delay the issues I have in pregnancy.

I love the excitement and anticipation of labour and delivery.

That's the only thing I will miss, I think.

:)

I liked my labor.

i got out for 2 hours before i got the call to come home cause J was FREAKING... but those 2 hours were great!!

i got a bunch of cake done tonight too. but i have 60 cuppies to ice tomorrow... blech!

Who are you making cupcakes for?

I just ate a bag of Helenas mini eggs. Now I will have to go out in the morning and secretly replace them lol

Oops - that was weird. It didn't post in a quote - I was saying beautiful new avatar to you, Amanda (although I think everyone has lovely ones! :))

LOL I was kinda wondering why you had such a huge response. Amanda's avatar does kick but in awesome cuteness.

I love mini eggs!

cupcakes are for a friends 30th birthday Wendy... they are baseball themed. :)

Just working on them today and not doing much else.

Well, we headed out to the Chinese Cultural Centre to take in some of the Chinese New Year festivities, only to have Simon turn into a total shit the moment we got there. Whiney, rude, trying to run off - husband and I were staring at each other wondering what the hell was going on...:shrug:
We came home early. Sigh.
And I have a scintillating afternoon of housecleaning to look forward to. The same tasks I did 10,000 times yesterday. I'm feeling like I might be going just a little nuts without some sort of work or project to balance out the SAHM gig. :wacko:

Sarah :hugs: are you still trying to do freelance projects? or are the boys keeping you too busy? I can totally appreciate how you feel. I just finished the cupcakes and i while i was glad to have a nice distraction from the usual... i am now thinking that im glad i don't do more cakes... and it will be IMPOSSIBLE once i go back to work :(

:hugs: Sarah. Claire has been like that lately too. Its to the point where we don't even want to bring her anywhere as she goes batshit crazy when its time to leave what we're doing. Or she won't listen. Or she'll scream at the top of her lungs. :wacko:

They should make shirts that say "Mommy drinks because you tantrum". :haha:

Busy day here. P got a call yesterday saying that one of his coworkers dad had passed away. :( It was expected, he was home on palliative care. The OPP is like one massive family so we got my parents to watch Claire so we could go to the memorial service.

Then we went to pick up Claire from my parents and visited with them for a bit, made dinner (Sausage with Polenta and Veggies again :munch:) now getting ready to get the kiddo to bed and then P and I are going to watch some TV episodes. :thumbup:

P goes back to work tomorrow. :)

sorry to hear about P's coworkers dad :hugs:

:hugs: Sarah I totally hear ya!

Hannah's been awful for us lately :nope: though apparently she's a freaking angel for other people. Which is great because I'm glad she does listen to us (though it seems like she doesn't most times) but something must be getting in there for her to use her manners with them :rofl: but royally sucks for us.

Simonism from this morning:

"I have to be careful for this cup, mama, because it is made of vagina."

:shock:

"Oh!! Simon, you mean china. The cup is made of china!" :dohh:

:rofl: Simon.

Kind of reminds me of a birth conversation I had with Elyse last week.
My shirt was riding up when we were laying on my bed, and she asked what the boo-boo on my tummy was.

I told her that when she was a little tiny baby, and growing inside my tummy, mommy went to the hospital and had an operation, the doctor had to cut my tummy and take you out so you could be born.

"Oh, because you don't have a door for babies."

She also tells me she won't let the doctors cut my tummy again, lol. Kinda cute, but I feel pretty bad that I unloaded information on her that she can't really understand :shrug:

I'm reading back slowly (went to bed at 8pm, like Elyse... woke up at 4:30 lol).

Tiff I really want to know how to make this polenta w/ sausage & vegetable recipe! Andrew & Elyse both love polenta, but I've only made it 2 ways... once as a lasagna once as an appetizer type of thing... Andrew makes it all the time for himself though even with a big dollop of sauce on it.. I'm just afraid of trying something too different to what I'm used to lol

Here it is Tasha :flower: The recipe calls for the pre-made polenta you can find in the tubes, but if you guys make your own polenta I'm sure that'd be even tastier!

Hope everyone had a good weekend. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->