Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

Sorry to hear about the troubles in your journal Alex.

I hope J feels better soon.

I love the cute stories of the toddlers!

I hope everyone had a great weekend. I need to do better at staying on track in here lately.

Good morning, lovelies!
Having a quieter morning at home here with just busy little Tobe. Simon is at gymnastics with his dada.
Myself and both boys have dentist appointments this afternoon. I know I am going to get lectured about flossing. I am a terrible flosser. There is no use denying it. It just seems like so much work when I am so tired in the evenings. But I'll pay for it today, I'm sure. About 70 hours of plaque removal and stern reprimands from the dental hygienist. :haha:
Simon may get his teeth cleaned - it depends how well he does in the dentist's chair. And Tobe just gets the "happy appointment" - he sits in the chair and everyone cheers for him and if he opens his mouth at all, even a little bit, they all cheer some more, then he is showered with delightful dentist gifts and sent on his merry little way. I want one of those appointments.

Hope everyone has a great day!

im a horrible flosser too Sarah. I aim for twice a week :blush: but its often just once :dohh:

Stan got in trouble at the last dentist appointment for flossing :rofl: he couldn't lie because I was standing there :haha:

Sarah--you have a Joovy right? I was looking at the Joovy sit and stand for Hannah/Rhys and was wondering if you had any experience with it/input

B finished off the day with me seeing and feeling (it's still hard to see) that she finally has a tooth coming in!

Trouble here for flossing as well.

Today was beautiful aside from the rain, it was +8 out! All the snow except around the curbs that we just got is now gone.

By some miracle, my teeth were in awesome shape! She complimented me on my obviously superior dental hygiene habits..... :haha: I did not correct her. :)
And Simon was a champ! He was so cute in that big chair, very serious and important in the little sunglasses and smock! he got so many compliments.
Tobe was very grumpy and tired and drooling up a storm. The dentist said he can see the canines are on the move - all white and outlined against the gums. That will be fun for all in the next few weeks.

Vickie - I have mixed reviews on the Joovy. I think that it is a well-made and reasonably-priced stroller, and I think that the concept of the sit-&-stand is perfect! We have made huge use of ours. The fact that it is a single-wide makes it practical for shopping, and it's a quick one to collapse and stow in the car.
The one and only downside for me is that the longer length makes it a lot more awkward to maneuver. Tobe is a big boy and we quickly hit a weight that makes pushing a workout.
My husband hates it, but he didn't get to that point until he had used the Chariot, or should I say, the Rolls Royce? :) It's a double-wide and not a great shopping option, but it is SO easy to maneuver. Seriously, you can easily do it with one hand.
So, in conclusion, I think it is less about the brand and more about the length of carriage on the sit-&-stand. It's just physics. :shrug: I'm still glad we got it and still use it frequently, but it is a work-out. I have the Ultralight, by the way. Terri has the regular one and last I heard, she was still really pleased with hers.

Yay for a successful dentist appt! I hope Andrew does A's well A's Simon when it's his turn.

thanks Sarah, can I ask how big Simon is?

Hannah's tall but her weight is around 33 pounds so she's pretty skinny.

I was thinking of using this stroller more for long haul visits like the zoo or I guess even the mall if we're going to be out all day. The rest of the time (shorter trips) I figure we will be either baby carrying or we can use Hannah's old single strollers instead for Rhys and she can walk like she does now.

I don't want to spend to much $$ since she's going to be close to 4 anyways by the time he's here and is already walking most of the time :rofl:

Quiet in here today!!

I thought i'd update you all on J's eating. She actually eats now!!! not a ton (im sure not as much as other almost 11 month olds, probably half what they eat) but its definately improving! she seems to quite enjoy yogurt covered cheerios and banana for breakfast. And i found a yogurt she likes Liberte Mediterainian Vanilla. and then for lunch today she had steamed broccoli and chicken chopped up and slathered in PC blue menu alfredo sauce. She seems to eat anything topped in the Alfredo Sauce :rofl: yesterday was pasta and chicken. Dinner yesterday was egg and toast... and it was a miss (she doesn't really like scrambled egg). Tonight we are having Vickies famous cheese stuffed shells and i bet she enjoys them. However she must must must do it on her own, she must have a spoon in her hand and i may not have control of the bowl LOL. Whatever... its messy but she eats.

Sara! So happy to hear J is finally eating!!! yay!!!
And I just noticed you have a 90 day challenge ticker! Are you doing the Body by V as well? I have decided to do it! Well that is if my period comes and I'm not pregnant...
Had a sample shake this morning and LOVED it!! :haha:

Sara that's awesome news! I'm glad J is warming up to solid food. Andrew also loves Alfredo sauce (white dip dip, he calls it) on almost anything.

yaaaay! good job sara and J!!!! Glad she is enjoying food now :D

And good job Simon at the dentist!

Thanks for the reviews re:storller! I will definately be buying one for Peyton and the new baby. I never did with Jasmine because she simply wouldnt sit in one, but Peyton enjoys riding. So I would like to keep him riding as long as possible.

yours will be closer in age than my two so you might want to look at doubles as well :)

well done Simon and Sarah ;) Glad the appointment went well!

Glad J is enjoying her solids more!

Brig! When are you testing again???

HA!!!!!!!!! I knew I smelt a BFP in the direction of BRIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When are you testing?

Oh Joss!! SHHHHHH!!!! :haha:

I have already tested like 4 times...mostly dollar store cheapies...but last night I did a FRER and it was negative. When I was pregnant with P I got my positive 13 days after DTD...everything before was negative....Soooo.... 13 days brings me to Friday. I might do another cheapy tomorrow morning and then if still no period my last FRER on Friday morning?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->