Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

and sarah, how do you NOT have a cycle yet?

I just got my period back, Dec19, Joss. This is my second period since having Tobe Sep 2010.
I think I'm one of those women whose cycle is firmly suppressed by BFing. I'm still nursing Tobe, but nowhere near as much, so that's why I think it returned.
So, I think Melissa could make it to #3 without :witch: :)

hmm ya my cycles stayed away for 5 monts after Peyton which was nice. I bf until he was 7 months though and it didn't appear to work for us LOL... He was still nursing like 8 times a day too :shrug:

Good for you for bfing that long though :S I definately would not be up for that long. I will be happy if I don't lose my mind by 6 months and quit again. Although im keeping hope that maybe this baby won't have the allergies Peyton did and maybe it's not going to be such a nightmare.

It was infinitely easier for me the second attempt at BFing, Joss. Hopefully it works that way for you, too. I did have to adjust my sleep strategy, but I think that was mostly different baby/different sleep pattern.

Well, Simon is somewhat better today, and we had a puke-free night (well from 11pm on). He had some yogurt for breakfast, so we will see how well that stays down. Poor kidlet. And I'm crossing my fingers that no one else gets it. On gastro watch for myself and Tobe!!! :sick:

Hope you stay healthy Sarah!!!

And ya, I didn't ovulate until I completely stopped BFing... here's to hoping!!! :D

i have had one period since J. and im now on CD 39 or something like that, and i only had sign of OV this week. so we shall see. i was quite irregular before J. i had hoped that having her would make my periods regular but we`re not off to a good start.

J has come down with a pretty bad cold. she started the cough again yesterday morning and it got progressively worse as the day went on. we picked up a vicks vaporizer which seemed to help the cough last night, so she got some sleep... but i woke up at 3am and she felt like was burning up and sweaty... so i took her temp, but it was still under 100 and gave her a dose of tylenol and we went back to bed. She is so congested right now, she`s snoring as she naps. At least the 2 diapers i changed this morning had normal coloured poop in them... so at least something is getting better.

I got my period back 8 weeks after a
Andrew was born while ebfing :wacko: I'm hoping it stays away longer this time while ebfing 2 babies.

And I agree with Sarah. Even with two babies, bfing is easier this time (and last time went pretty smoothly anyways). And holy cow am I glad for the $$$ savings! I chose to supplement with ready made formula while I was waiting for my milk to come in and even with only 10-30ml per baby per feed, we went through almost $30 in formula in 5 days!!! And I already own nursing tanks and bras from Andrew, so didn't have to buy new stuff either.

Amanda - I agree, formula is shockingly expensive. I was very grateful that Tobe didn't need it the way Simon did.

Hmm ya I have nothibg left from peyton so it will be expensive. I doubt I will save much.

Hope your day has stayed puke free Sarah!

Hope Jadyn feels better soon Sara :hugs:

Busy day here. Met T and V at the mall this morning and by the time Stan picked us up (we rented a car to go to Barrie for Claire's birthday tomorrow :yipee:) it was time to drop her off at art class. I need to go start dinner pretty soon.......

Vickie!! only 100 days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you had a nice visit with T&V.

J is still coughing and sniffling, but is in good spirits... i have high hopes that tomorrow she feels a lot better and we can still make it up to Tiff's.

the only exciting thing in my world is i got my oil changed... and thats not exciting LOL

:rofl: I didn't even notice Sara!

We did have a nice visit :) I'm exhausted now though, lots of walking

Hi girls :hi:

Gonna go and read back, but I better post first, because who knows what will happen haha.

Been busy here!

First had my sisters baby shower here at my house and then the next day (which I PREDICTED!) my little sister had her baby. Was quite exciting! I photographed the whole shebang! :) Baby Nico. Hes super adorable. But then it got quite dramatic. :( My sister found out she has a heart problem. She had like an episode when a bunch of her friends bombarded the hospital to visit. During the pushing stage she was saying she had heart burn, which I thought was weird to be feeling heart burn when you are having this horrible pushing pain, and she had to keep asking for oxygen. Turns out she has a heart problem and probably needs heart surgery! :cry: Then Nico is severely jaundiced, but her asshole doctor refused to put him under the light, even though the home nurse begged him two days in a row. So shes now at the Stollery getting a bunch of tests done, because I guess his levels were super high. Hes on an iv and stuff, thats the last I heard. :( Hopefully they are ok!

Masta Elliot has been a little devil and keeping me up all night again, so I sent Helena to have a sleepover with my 6 year old sister at my moms, until Sunday. So hopefully I can catch up on some sleep and cleaning!

Vickie - 100 days or less, or more I guess haha, but 100 days!! Woo hoo!! :happydance: :happydance: It is nice having a boy and a girl. They are TOTALLY different!

:hugs: Hope your sis and nephew are okay Wendy! :hugs:

Ooooh Vickie you're getting close!!!

I have nothing exciting to write :shrug:

:shock: Oh my goodness Wendy :hugs: I'm glad that they found the heart problem but yikes what a way to find out. I hope that the surgery goes well and your sister has a quick recovery

:growlmad: I can't believe that doctor!

I hope Nico feels better soon :hugs:

Oh Wendy what a horrible thing to discover in the middle of giving birth. And poor little Nico hooked up to iv so young :cry:

:hugs: wendy! I hope she is ok, heart problems generally worsen in pregnancy so underlying issues can pop up. And poor nico! They are hardcore serious about jaundice and the lights here!

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/story/2012/01/27/saputo-milk-recall.html

milk recall!

Yeah I might have to get checked out. They aren't sure if the pregnancy hormones started the problem, but it is probably genetic!

Her ped. that was assigned in the hospital, is a total idiot. He is 500 years old, and my friend had him and he does not like putting babies under the lights for some reason? The home nurse ran blood work, thank god, and told her to go in and ignore the doctor. He yelled at her saying he would not come see him? WHO SAYS THAT. I am going to help her with a formal complaint as soon as possible. My friend warned me that he was a dick.

Here is a pic of me and Nico :D (and Elliot hah)
And a funny pic I just took of Drooly Tootherson

Attachments

• DSC_5091.jpg
    DSC_5091.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member