Oops forgot to attach the Elliot pic!

Attachments

• DSC_5107.jpg
    DSC_5107.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC_5108.jpg
    DSC_5108.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 2
:hugs: Wendy, super sorry to hear about your sister. :( And your nephew!!! :( :( :( Loved the pictures of E. :cloud9:

:happydance: 100 days to go Vickie! I'm gonna say less (rather than more :winkwink:)

Busy freaking day here. I'm bushed.

Wendy that's so sad :( I hope they're going to be ok! That's horrible :( :hugs: E is so freaking cute!

Vickie woohoo!!!

Brig.. heartburn? I may not be replying much in the thread but I'm still paying attenton! lol

awww Elliot is so chubby looking and cute!

Wendy I hope your sister's surgery goes well and she is alright :( And your nephew too.. I don't understand, it's not like there are any ill effects being under the lights if not needed... so why not play it safe? Stupid doctor :growlmad:

& I think E looks A LOTTTT like H in those pics!

Nothing exciting going on here either. Have to work 2-10 tonight and 2-10 tomorrow. For some reason, I agreed to work my Sunday shift at the brand new Wal Mart here (it opened on Friday)... it's going to be so busy :cry:... biggest Wal Mart Supercenter in Canada right now, it's off the QEW and stuff.. I'm so dumb :(

Oh Tasha...that sounds like a horrible shift :wacko:

But I picture you as super amazing worker (I WOULD TOTALLY HIRE YOU!) so I am sure you will pull it off (and you better plan a long bath for afterwards, maybe with a lush bathbomb?? cuz I imagine you are gonna be sore :( )

Good luck Tasha! I hope your day goes smoothly!

Not much going on here either! Tom has gone skiing today :D so im relaxing and picking away at laundry... did some knitting haha.... and found some cute fabric in a box so im going to look on pinterest for some ideas. I also bought a bunch of fabric to start a quilt for Peyton.

I am eventually going to take my sewing machine in to see if it can be fixed and if its worth it, I may just buy a new one. Ours os as old as me lol

I hope your sister and nephew are okay, Wendy, and that they both come out of it perfectly healthy. That pediatrician sounds like ours. He told us nothing was wrong with Zoe's tonsils and adenoids after listening to her chest, and they turned out to be too large for her head size. He's also 500 years old.

Got a job. Had an interview at Tim Horton's and was hired on the spot. Not exactly the most fabulous place to work, or what I pictured after going through school (but we all know how that ended), but it's something. Minimum wage...but something, at least. More than baby bonus and unemployment. I start tomorrow afternoon. It's full-time too, so at least this will help with a lot of things...paying off my student loan, saving for my reversal, paying for my program in September, and for the new cat we just adopted.

I don't know if you guys have been following the cat saga on my FB, but a week ago, a cat came to our back porch in the middle of a snowstorm. He's not neutered or declawed, so we thought he was a stray. He didn't leave our property at all for the whole week. If he wasn't on our back porch, he was on our front window sill or in our garage. After a few days, we started giving him some food and water, and put up flyers on the mailboxes around our neighbourhood, put them in pet stores and on Kijiji. I posted the flyer on my FB in case anyone on there recognized him, and a friend said he lived in a house on her street. So, on Thursday morning, I printed off and hand-delivered 61 flyers to every house on that street. It's now 10:30am on Saturday and not a single phone call has come through claiming him, or saying he belongs to a neighbour who is away. It's been 9 days. If the owners were away, someone would have been bound to have been by already and called saying he belonged to someone and they were caring for him.

So yesterday, I took him to the SPCA and they scanned him for a microchip. None. So I told them that if we couldn't find the owners by the end of the weekend, we were going to keep him and asked if we could get in trouble if the owners came forward in a few weeks. Also confirmed by the veterinarian yesterday, the SPCA said that if the owners come forward, they wouldn't have any rights to him because by law, we did everything we were required to do to find his owners and no one came forward, and that since we are neutering and microchipping him in our name, even if they could provide vet bills, they still wouldn't be able to claim him and he'd legally be considered ours. It would look like neglect on their end otherwise.

So yesterday, he visited the vet, likely for the first time, had his first set of vaccinations. The vet determined he's about one year old and weighed 7.2lbs, just slightly underweight. The poor thing was starving so she advised us to free feed him until he's caught up. He had ear mites and was given medication for that, and we scheduled his neutering and microchipping for February 7. He goes in for his boosters and another dose of medication on the 20th. As confirmed by the vet (and SPCA) he's now ours. His name is Rypien, after the hockey player who passed last August.

https://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq12/ZoeAndIsaiahsMom/Cat2.png

Ugh it cosed down on me in the middle of a big paragraph.

I would say considering how bad he is and how much effort you have gone to to find his original owners with absolutely no response I would consider him yours.
That's the shortened version of what I wrote before that got closed off.

Peter found a cat at his work in downtown East Vancouver about 7 years ago or so, we tried our damndest to find her owners and in the end nobodoy came forward despite her being about 6 months old (and so freaking adorable) so we had her fixed, chipped and then we kept her. She's been such a great cat despite her mood swings lol

Wendy I meant to say, that doctor is an absolute twit. That's horrible.

Good morning!
The barfing has been replaced by very very large amounts of runny poop. But only once in awhile, not constant. And this morning, Simon seems much more energetic and cheerful, as opposed to yesterday when he slept most of the day. So planning another quiet day at home, but maybe a little walk this afternoon.

It looks like I may have a few more hours at the Zoo to keep me from going completely crazy. I really don't do exclusively SAHM very well. I get a bit depressed, to be honest. I need a balance of profession/parenting to be really happy. Just who I am, I think.
So, waiting to hear what "a few more hours" means, and attempting to gather up a lot more tax receipts, etc so we can go get our pre-filing session.

Brandi - yay for Mr.Kitty! A new family for him! Well done on the rescue!

Wendy - I think you are absolutely right in supporting your sister in filing a complaint against that pediatrician. And sending quick recovery hopes for your sister's operation.

Joss - look at you, all crafty! :)

I hope the boys are btter soon sarah! And good luck with the hours! Hopefully it is just enough to satisfy your social needs and not too much!!!! I know I feel the best when I only work 2 days a week.... the weeks I work 4 in a row are way too much though.

I attepmted a communal nap today for us all... All the kids in one room seems to work well for the babysitter. So I let Jasmine set up a campsite in Peytons room and told them to go to sleep LOL.... I had to yell up a couple times but they were quiet for over an hour! :D :D

Hey ladies

Sorry I haven't caught up...still exhausted. Peyton had diarrhea all day Wednesday and then Thursday I started feeling nauseous in the afternoon thinking THIS IS IT...I'm for SURE pregnant...NOPE... BAM...stomach flu out of nowhere. Luckily Peyton was down for her nap and Nathan came home and took care of her and I was in the bathroom pretty much from 2-8 or 9pm?? Anyway...after that I just slept on and off... half the say yesterday too...but then Nathan kept saying he was feeling off...and started having the runs....so I drove Peyton to my parents last night...where she'll stay till probably tomorrow. Anyway...Nathan seems to just have gotten away with it coming out one end... unlike me.

And with all of that...STILL NO PERIOD...and one more negative test?? I give up!? Maybe I'll be on "I was pregnant and didn't know".

I hope you feel better soon brig!!!! Gastro really sucks :(

My mom makes me crazy LOL... im jealous of all you girls with supportive families. I wont even get into the drama from today but she is such an ass sometimes! And she always calls and leaves messages and says "from mommy".... it really just annoys the hell out of me.

:hugs: Wendy, I hope they are both ok. What an ordeal they have had to go through.

Huge :hugs: to everyone who is sick and has sick LO's. I hope everyone feels better.

Not much exciting here.

Wow Wendy what a horrible ped! I hope your sister and her baby get well soon!

Brandy: congrats on the new job and cat! Very fitting name! Ricks related to me so it's very touching...

Joss that sucks about your mom.

Hope all the kids feel better.

Brig common period lol (if that's what you want)

Anna is teething like crazy. Four teeth this month and a couple more look like they are going to attemp a jail break.

Sandra YES! Come on period! :haha:

And teething stinks...I think that's why Peyton's been having runny poops. We got one molar this month...and the other is so close to cutting. So I can only imagine poor Anna cutting 4 with more coming :-(

Just realized I missed something Wendy :-( Hope everything is ok with your sister and her baby!! :hugs:

You can have my crappy super period from Hell.

Actually if that means I would be preggo, I will keep it lol.

Yeah, my sister :( Nico is still really jaundiced and hasn't pooped today, so the health nurse told her to feed him all the time and to pump every 3 hours and hopefully her milk comes in more and he starts pooping it out. Poor little gaffer!

Awww poor little guy, I hope he poops well today.

Not much happening here today, waiting for the cable guy to come and give me a new cable box since mine no longer works as of last night. Other then that it is poopy diapers and throw up for a cranky baby.
I hope everyone feels better soon, including us! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->