Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

J woke up this morning at 11:30 LOL I really needed to catch up on the sleep but how the hell am i gonna get her back on track for me to go to work next week now??

Anyway what really matters is her fever and hives are gone today!

Sara - sorry for your loss. :(
Glad J is feeling a bit better today. Tobe had a wretched night. "Retch" being the operative homonym there.
I am very very tired. I had trouble sleeping because I kept worrying that Tobe would aspirate vomit and choke. Ridiculous, but you know how easy it is to get overanxious when the babies seem so horribly ill.
We just found out that husband gets flex days for sickness in the family and other stuff exactly like this, so I think I'm going to get him to exercise one of those instead of going to his night shift tonight. Simon is very very demanding as he convalesces and Tobe does not want to be put down at all. Ever. He wants to do all his puking in my arms. I'm glad to be there as his form of comfort, but god I smell nasty. I need to take a shower and do a whole lot of laundry. So husband back-up would be a very good thing.
Plus.....I am really hoping that it's all psychosomatic and just me feeling tired and grossed out from the smell of barf, but I am starting to feel just a little queasy myself.... :(
Vickie - Simon's appointment is on Thu, so no such luck.

:) Glad you both got some sleep Sara! You both needed it I'm sure.

Hannah's sleep usually worked itself out fine after illnesses but she was a better sleeper than J at that age so not sure what to suggest :(

:( Oh no Sarah, that sounds like a miserable night :hugs: I can't believe you can't get into your doctor any sooner. Definitely have hubby take a flex day, you need the backup

yes sarah! i def think you need support tonight!

J and i had a shower - really helped loosen up the mucus and the snot sucker was very effective after :sick:

:hugs: sarah!!! I hope you feel better asap! You and the boys have been fighting this for way too long :( Do you have any walk-in ped clinics around your area?

J is feeling better - i hope all the other babies are too!!

Went into work today for a bit. Monday is the big day for me!! but i asked if i could just work 8:30-12:30 LOL

:hugs: Good luck for Monday Sara

the weather was really nice today! Hannah had a great time with the snow and the puddles--best of both worlds for a three and a half year old :rofl:

Sarah I realllyyy hope you guys start feeling better soon :( Sick for too long!! :hugs:

Sara- good luck with work on Monday! It sucked to go back, but it'll be 2 years back for me soon (ALREADY :wacko:) and I love that I get out, by myself, but I can't imagine not working anymore, even though the initial adjustment was hard and I still miss the crap out of my kid everyday I'm there... I have friends there, I'm kept very busy so it flies by. After I was back at work for around a year I started feeling more 'up to' going out with friends and leaving Elyse at home with Andrew and stuff, so it's been good for me and I hope you enjoy those same benefits :) Not to mention, the extra cash has been really useful haha.

I was sick for my 2 days off :( Not feeling 100% but well enough to go into work. I don't really even know how I got sick, I've been washing my hands like a mad woman since going to food handlers class, been really mindful about touching my face/mouth/eyes/ears/nose etc... I think basement boy's been sick and I'm handling so much money so I'm not shocked but you know.

But I lost 9lbs this month! Right now I look very puffy/bloated? But I weighed myself at my mom's tonight and there was a loss. I only lost 4lbs on my own with dieting- the rest has been a result of being ill the past few days but I hope I can maintain it and not lose/gain anymore before the wedding (strapless dress I don't want slipping around).. after the wedding the bride & I are going to jump on the Body by Vi bandwagon and do the 90 day challenge! :)

good job tasha! Drink tonnes of water, that will help with the bloating :D

lol vickie peyton and jasmine were delighted to see puddles... although this weather kind of leaves me confused sometimes as to what exactly I should be dressing them in.

:hugs: Tasha I hope you feel better soon!

Well done on your loss!

Poor Hannah was in her snowsuit today because it was cooler when we first left this morning :rofl: I was glad for it though as she ran through a 4 inch deep puddle and splashed around before I could get her out :haha:

and not sure if anyone here uses a Britax car seat but there's been a recall on some of them:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/story/2012/01/31/britax-car-seat.html

Sara, I have been thinking about, but keep forgetting to post about, your cousin :( How sad. :( Its been on my mind since I read your post. :hugs:

Went and babysat Nico today. Does anyone have experience with a baby that has a weak suck??

I've heard that nipple shields can help with weak sucks - maybe give that a try?

:hugs: to everyone

We were told soothers can helps the sucking reflex too. Although if he was so badly jaundiced then he would have been weak from that. Is the jaundice all cleared up?

Sara- yes!! I don't know if I posted (I keep meaning to post, writing up responses but getting distracted or falling asleep the past couple of days). Sorry to hear about your cousin :(

Wendy- glad you got to see your nephew today :) I don't have any breastfeeding experience as you know... but my friend has a 1 month old, he was having issues with a slight tongue tie (nothing they had to treat apparently) and a weak suck, they were referred to a lactation consultant and he is gaining and doing much better, I'm not sure about specifics because everything about BFing is foreign to me having FF Elyse from birth-12 months, and she doesn't really talk to me about it too much, not that I have a great level of understanding when she does. I feel useless about it.

I will say though that Elyse was jaundiced at birth and had a hard time feeding- sleeping through feeds, falling asleep and stopping sucking during feeds, pushing the bottle out after what felt like forever and barely consuming anything to speak of.. they told me it would pick up after her jaundice was cleared up, but she was well enough to go home after 3 nights and at her 1 week check apparently looked good.. her feeding never picked up or caught up with what other FF babies that were around here/the forum and similar in age to her at that time though. I remember her always doing 2oz when others did 4oz and 4oz when others were taking 8oz. I don't think she really ever worked up to an 8oz bottle.

Could be a combo of the 2 issues though? Hopefully they get to the bottom of it soon :flower:

Thank you for the replies! Yeah he's still jaundiced and my sis uses a nipple shield. I latched him on me and it was like a nonexistant suck. I think she will switch to bottles cuz she is so stressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->