Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

The most important thing is that your sister is happy and the baby is healthy. He likely is having trouble since he is jaundice though, she should at least supplement, she could use a cup instead of a bottle if she chooses to continue trying to bf.

But to be honest, I know how stressfull bfing is, not to mention tryign to do it with health problems.

When Peyton was jaundiced he was really jaundiced and came out of it with only 1 night under the nights. But we had to feed him every 2 hours.

:hugs: Wendy, no advice at all when it comes to stuff like that. Sending your sister lots of love though!

:hugs: wendy.

I have a not fun day here... and J is uber clingy and whiny... awesome :(

:hugs: Sara

Hannah's moody to, I'm sure it's just the cold but since I'm sick to it's not a good combination :rofl:

I feel your pain Vickie! I had no patience for Claire yesterday and I woke up feeling like crap about it this morning.

:hugs:

Feel better everyone.

Anna is clingy today too. She's got molar monsters poking out.

B is seriously obsessed with belly buttons now lol, she hates wearing anything that makes it so she can't get to it. Needless to say she is currently walking around with her 1-piece pjs unsnapped to her diaper.

It will be nice when some of this clingyness eases up here as well.

I hope everyone has a great day and all kids are in good moods.

Wendy, I have no advice unfortunately but has she spoken to a lactation consultant?

My poor intestines.
I'm so miserable. I'm not puking, but I've had intense nausea and diarrhea for the past 3 days. And our doctor's appointment was postponed until next week. Blergh.

Poor Sarah!! :hugs:

Lol lisa, Alia went through a belly button phase too....just wait till she starts demanding to see your belly button in public :haha:

:hugs: Sarah, I can't believe that they moved your appointment :(

oh man Sarah :hugs: i hope you guys feel real better real soon!

long day for me. very tired.

Took some pepto and am starting to feel a little bit better. I don't usually take that stuff for gut upsets because I sort of figure with puking or the runs that your body is doing the purging for a reason - so maybe don't slow down or halt that process? But I think at some point, the pepto can help to bring the bacteria count down, give the intestines a break, and let your body get the upper hand? Just my theory, anyway.
Bumped into my neighbour (who is a violin teacher and has a ton of kids coming though her house) and she said this bug is scourging the city. She called it the "run to the bathroom" plague. She also said that there have been a fair few other nasty tummy bugs in the last few weeks, so at least I know that we aren't alone! :) Misery loves company, eh?
Tobe still has bad diarrhea and is THE grumpiest bear cub this side of the Rockies. I am close on his heels, though. Feeling highly resentful that my plans for the last three days have been cancelled due to feeling this nasty. :growlmad:

awwwww that sucks sarah.

Speaking of which i just got puked all over. I think it was a one off though. A lot of mucus and a little bit of bm and cracker.

Sarah, I really hope you guys feel better soon.

Last week I was REALLY sick the one day...last Thursday actually...out both ends...sorry TMI. Then felt off a couple of days and did some "research" and reading and stuff. And apparently you don't have to let diarrhea "run it's course" in order to rid your body of a bug.
So on Saturday hubby and I both took Imodium and it really did only take one dose (took the 2 pills) and everything south of the border stopped. :haha:

glad you feel better, brig!

I dont think preventing diahreah is bad, but if you keep feeding the bug (milk/dairy is a big no no) and keep having diahreah you strip your gastric tract of good flora etc which can prolong having a bug. Thats why doctors recommend a BRAT type diet if you have diahreah. Yogurt pills are great to help stop diahreah and even out everything too.

Hope you feel better, sarah!

That really sucks Sarah. I hope you and your brood feel better soon! :hugs:

:hugs: To everyone dealing with puke and diarrhea.

Hannah's thrown up a few times from mucus Sara when she chokes on it (usually while screaming at me :haha:) Hopefully it was just a one off!

Somehow we haven't been sick this winter...

I hope I didn't just curse myself.

I have no idea how you guys with more than one kid get online. :( I never have time to do ANYTHING. :cry:

We haven't been sick either :frantically knocks on wood:
But we've also been avoiding playgroups and other germy places, and sick people have been leaving us alone since we have a newborn.

Wendy I have an iPhone so I just come on whenever I'm BFing Joni. Plus Alia and Joni have been napping at the same time in the afternoon. BnB and my scrabble app get a lot of attention while BFing haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->