Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

Nice one, Claire!

Hmm. Something weird is going on with "take me to the last unread post" triangle thingy on my BnB. All day it is bouncing me way ahead and I keep missing stuff. Hmmmm. :shrug:

hmm weird, I've not had any issues (not that that means anything). you aren't marking the posts read are you? because if you are it would change where the triangle took you? only thing I can think of offhand

Hi Ladies!!

I sorta skimmed... so i didnt' retain much except to say i don't have plans for the 19th so i think we would like to join you Vickie :) i saw the resturant on the show too and thought it would be good to try.

So I just got home from driving to Northbay and back. J cried for 700 of the 800 km's. And i got pulled over for speeding (140km on the hwy) BUT he didn't give me a ticket (thank goodness as it would have been $220 and 4 points :argh: ) because i have a great driving record and i didn't try to talk my way out of it, and i had a screaming baby in the back seat LOL

Had a nice (but too short) meet with Kate and Brig. We had 3 grumpy girls and really needed to hit the road. Let me tell you how cute Alora and Peyton are in real life... Pictures do no do them justice AT ALL.

Waiting for Tim to get home, J to go to sleep and i have to pack my gym bag, and J's diaper bag for the morning and decide what the heck im gonna wear!

Glad you got out of the ticket Sara!!! And that you had a good weekend. :hugs: Good luck tomorrow!!!

Hope your first day back goes well Sara!!!!! I drove 3 hours to the cottage when Jasmine was 10 months, I left at bedtime thinking she *might* actually sleep... NOPE! Total screaming for over 2 hours. And then she didnt sleep for the entire time we were there lol.

Tiff- if you get some time can you go to my journal and give me your thoughts? It is work/union related etc and I think you know a bit about the types of things maybe?

Glad you had a good visit Sara! I'll let you know what time we are thinking of for the restaurant closer to the date of :)

Sorry J screamed most of the way back :argh: But at least it helped you get out of a ticket ;)

I hope everyone is doing okay today :hugs:

Hi Maggs!

Way to go Claire!

Hope everyone has had a good day today. Looks like it was pretty quiet in here.

I had a shit-tastic day. :(

The speech assessment didn't go overly great, so we're going to have Claire go through the full assessment for Autism as its been brought up numerous times by her OT, RT and SLP. I don't really feel that she is, but at least with the testing we'll figure out once and for all if it is and then can put the matter to rest.

Ugh. Sucks big time. :(

Hope everyone else is having a good day! I would love to hear some awesome "yay we had a good day!!!" stories to cheer me up. Kinda in a blah mood atm. :blush:

I had a shit-tastic day. :(

The speech assessment didn't go overly great, so we're going to have Claire go through the full assessment for Autism as its been brought up numerous times by her OT, RT and SLP. I don't really feel that she is, but at least with the testing we'll figure out once and for all if it is and then can put the matter to rest.

Ugh. Sucks big time. :(

Hope everyone else is having a good day! I would love to hear some awesome "yay we had a good day!!!" stories to cheer me up. Kinda in a blah mood atm. :blush:

you and me both tiff.... :(

Sorry to hear about Claire, I am sure that they are just being exptra cautious and looking to rule out the worst case first. From the sounds of it claire has been communicating and talking alot.

There are some very high funtioning people with autism though so it can be tricky to know, there are alot of older people who went through life not even knowing they had it and somehow managing themselves so I think it all needs to be taken with a grain of salt... However if there was some sign of autism then you would be able to offer the right kind of supports etc.

:hugs: Tiff

Nothing great here today, nothing awful either. Still fighting this darn cold and now it looks like Stan might be coming down with it. Umm I am coughing a tiny bit less which is one good thing? :lol:

hopefully everyone has a better day tomorrow :hugs:

That's kind of what I'm thinking too. And truly, if she was then it'd be high functioning for sure (SIL works Respite for Autistic kids and Claire is NOTHING like them).

If there has to be something not-right or off the beaten path with her there are far worse things that could be going on... so I'm very grateful that they're just thinking this. Its not like my kiddo has cancer or is facing a life threatening illness.

Just really hard to hear. :(

I know your day was shit too, sorry to hear it. Anyone else? :haha: C'mon... one of you lovely ladies must have had an "Awww :cloud9:" moment today!!! :rofl:

Sorry, Vickie! Was still typing when you posted. UUuuuuugh, so sorry to hear Stan is coming down with the cold!!! Booooooooo!!!!!!! :(

well actually considering that he never gets sick I'm not to upset over it :blush: Plus he can take meds that I can't take :rofl:

:rofl: Very, very true!!!!

I remember being very non-plussed with P when he'd take NyQuil or something and I'd be dying while pregnant. :haha:

haha men getting sick is the worst!!!!!!!!

And yes tiff, I know it must be very hard to hear... I know we all think our babies are "perfect" and everything should be perfect. Its hard when something isn't exactly perfect. Claire is smart though and there are things i've read about her doing that Jasmine doesn't even do yet.

Hopefully it is nothing though and all blows over for you guys. My babysitter's son had to do speech therapy, he started it last spring when he was 2 and it was a tremendous help for him... I know she also had to go through alot of screening with him, but he is caught up now.

sadly enough the thing that I worry about most with him coming down with the cold from hell is that he won't be able to help as much :blush: Yep great person here :rofl:

of course maybe by the time he's *really* sick I'll be better :haha: Right now he's pretty much like I was Monday and Tuesday which was "eh don't feel great but could be worse" and oh did it get worse :rofl:

come to think of it Tiff most of the boys in my family (in my age group) were delayed in their speech (not sure by how much since I was young as well) and all had to go to speech therapy classes when they were young (something about the girls in my family talking to much I guess :blush:)

Of course I don't think they even had terms such as autism at that time but you'd never know they were ever delayed in their speech now

Peyton is delayed... lol... he doesn't say very many actual words yet. He babbles non-stop in his own language, but I am not really that worried. I suspect the doctor will say something when we go for his 18 months check up and shots though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->