Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

Tiff :hugs:
Not fun to go through all that anxiety all over again. I think you've got the right attitude, though. At least the screening will give you some answers and you can move on from there. If Claire does have autism, then she could not have a better family to support her and understand her. :hugs:

And we had a good day! We had music this morning. Then we came home and baked a cake together. Simon told me a long story which included holding hands with "clawbsters" (Simon's name for lobsters) and not being afraid, and climbing on a dinosaur with a little rope. :shrug: Then we practised singing Skinnamarink with the actions. Now it's almost 7:30 and I am going to bed! :) Very soon!

Joss - Tobe is the same. He could be talking in the sense that his intention is very clear in his babble, but he has yet to say a single word. I'm also not worried about it. Not yet, anyway.

Peyton says uh-oh and dad haha.... it did sound like he was making an attempt to say more tonight.

I did read and have been told boys develope their motor skills faster then girls, but girls tend to develope speech faster.

Glad your day was good sarah! Jasmine calls lobsters "crabbers" and the grocery stor is hilarious. We always have to stop by them and say him... and if they move towards her she says its trying to kiss her hahahaa.... I dont think so!

Sorry to hear about Claire, Tiff. I hope that everything comes back within normal ranges for you. If not, I'm here if you want to talk. I've worked with kids with autism, some high functioning where you wouldn't know they have autism, and others severe classic...and then there's 5 years of "experience" with Zoe's disabilities and delays. I know how tough it can be. :hugs:

So, according to Isaiah, all boys wear underwear and all girls wear diapers. When asked to explain this, he said Zoe and Anberlin are girls and wear diapers, and he and Daddy are boys and wear underwear. When asked about me, he said I wear "Bandaid Underwear".

I'm was worried about A's development because she refused to crawl and roll over, and everyone told me to stop worrying. It's more difficult when you already have a special needs child. Anyway, this kid gets EVERYWHERE on her bum. She's a bum shuffler and now she pulls herself to standing. I'm not looking forward to having three walkers. As for speech, I'm not worried AT ALL. It's really weird to go from one spectrum (Zoe has severe speech delays) to a 9-month-old who has 10 words. Her latest ones, this week, were Dad and Papa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LXG157cUO0

Awe Tiff :hugs: There isn't anything I can say that the other ladies haven't already said...but just know that we are all here for you...good or bad! :hugs:

Hope you and Joss are on to better days tomorrow!!

So here it is...my attempt to cheer you up! I saw HANSON tonight!!! lol! Yes... the MmmmBop Hanson's. Lol!!! A friend of mine had a spare ticket and needed someone to go with...she was supposed to get them discounted...and then they ended up being FREE!!! Sooo... Carly Rae Jepsen opened for them (Call me Maybe) and then we saw Hanson...and...I'm embarrassed to admit I actually enjoyed myself...they weren't bad. :haha: and seriously....I have NEVER in my life heard suck LOUD screaming at a concert...and the Capitol Centre isn't a huge venue. Anyway...there it is... my geek story of the day.:blush:

:hugs: Tiff. I was reading in your journal and my browser crashed, I recovered the tabs but not my text argggg. What I was saying there though was that I hope your referral comes quickly and the assessment is behind you soon, so you will know either way. You guys are amazing parents and C is a great little girl, I am sure that the combination is going to prove to be a winning one when it comes to tackling whatever happens.

I got promoted on Saturday, a raise, new uniform... a couple of new responsibilities. Also paid vacation & I am going to be getting my schedule a month in advance now, so much easier for planning things! Also, eligibility for quarterly bonus!! Hopefully I will be able to afford a car soon *fingers crossed*

Also got Elyse's birthday party booked and we are going bowling :) Pretty excited for it, although I am irritated that we can't have it at home still, it would have been so much better for having my friends who ADORE Elyse and want to come, and for my friends with infants to be there. Elyse loves bowling though and is inviting everyone she sees to it, including my dad, my brother's girlfriend, etc lol

Tiff--So sorry to hear about your lo. I hope you get some good news soon! What an upsetting situation.

Tasha--Congrats on your promotion!!

We had a great day here yesterday, it was beautiful & sunny--just like spring so Jack and I went for a long walk and he fell asleep in his stroller. Of course the little shit woke as soon as I stepped put in the house so all hopes of a cup of tea in peace and quiet was shattered. Looks like today will be nice again so will do a repeat this afternoon I think!

congrats tasha!!!

haha brig your funny :D im glad you had fun at your hanson concert!! :D

Welcome maggs, sounds like a great day!

Congrats Tasha!!!

Glad you had a good time Brig hehe

Sounds like a nice afternoon Maggs....even though you didn't get your tea :hugs:

Good morning!
Decent sleep, cheerful boys, cup of :coffee: - life is good!
We're off to gymnastics shortly. This is where I attempt to keep up with Simon on the circuits while packing Tobe on my back in the child carrier. :)

Maggs - you need tea to go! Bring a travel mug while you walk! :)

:hugs: Tiff - I hope testing shows that Claire is perfectly normal. How very stressful for you though :hugs:

My day yesterday was crappy - the worst since the twins were born. A toddler who refused to nap and two babies who are growth spurting and wanted to be held even during the rare moments they weren't attached to my boobs :wacko: Last night went better though and Andrew is at daycare today. Even though I haven't managed to nap yet today, at least one baby is sleeping in her crib and the other is happy in my sling for the moment.

Oh Tiff here's something cheery - Andrew tickling his sister's toes and joining them on the playmat :cloud9:
https://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/kuipersfamily/DSC05428.jpg
https://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/kuipersfamily/DSC05452.jpg

Oh and another cheery thing. I woke up this morning and I swear my tummy got flatter overnight! I am still 30lbs above my pregnancy weight, but am feeling hopeful that I won't have a flabby hanging twin belly after all! The stretch marks are still pretty crappy though :(

Hope you have fun at gymnastics class today (well at least Simon has fun :rofl:) Sarah!

Congrats Tasha!

Hannah never ever ever slept from the transfer from stroller or car seat :sulk: so annoying :rofl:

:hugs: Tiff

:hugs: Amanda, sorry yesterday was rough, glad today is going better though. And adorable pictures of Andrew with his sisters :cloud9:

Sarah--I'll have to do that next time. Unfortunately no cup holder in my stroller :( boo hoo! Just need a bloody Tim Horton's here LOL

Apple--Sorry to hear you're kids are giving you a hard day. They are all soo cute though!! I can't believe you're managing to breastfeed twins with a toddler around too...holy cow!! I couldn't imagine.

Maggs, i've seen cup holders you can attach to strollers and thing in walmart and toys r us! You should look into one for your stroller!

Sarah- I hope Simon enjoy gymnastics! I think Jas would like it too.

I'd love to put Hannah in gymnastics! But that will have to wait until we have a car :rofl:

I have seen the cupholders that you can buy around here as well :)

Gymnastics was great!
Simon gets better and better at listening and focusing every time we go. This gym is absolutely excellent. I am so impressed with their programming. Tobe really really wants to join in! I can't let him yet, though. He is still too little to be able to do most things, so I can't really justify the expense. And I can't handle both boys by myself (you have to take them around different circuits and if the boys get overexcited and take off, it's just too nuts), so we need to wait until Simon is able to do an unparented class.

Speaking of which, he has his very first unparented music class tomorrow. Gulp! Fingers crossed that this is a successful experiment.

Amanda, huge sympathy! :hugs: And good lord you have beautiful kids!

Ooo might have to hit walmart when we're back home this summer then!

Maggs - Isn't Asda like the same thing as Walmart?

BTW I love Scotland.It's the only place I've traveled to that I actually could picture myself living

Good luck with the independent of parent class tomorrow Sarah!! Fingers crossed it goes well

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->