Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

Oh, and meant to add:
my husband is from Goderich and I love London and area! So beautiful! I am particularly partial to Huron County. So much history and scenery!

im glad the boys were good for you in the car! a day of running around and seeing penguins sounds in order LOL.

I hope everyone has a nice night!

We had a great day with Vickie, Hannah, stan, Tasha, Elyse and Andrew. It was a long one though.

But J ate pretty good! now if i can just get her to drink milk from her sippy cup during the day i will be happy :)

Hey Vickie,Ryder,and Sarah! Thank you for the warm welcome :)

Vickie- yes our dates are close aren't they ! That is nice when you have someone with a similar date to go along with and such.

Ryder - We are about 45 mins to 1 hour east of Belleville.

Sarah- sounds like you had a busy day. I went shopping for groceries and such today with my hubby and I was so tired.

Hi guys!! In my clumsiness I unsubscribed to this thread earlier :( Boo! I has a great time with Vickie/Sara/Stan/Hannah/Jadyn today. Sucks you guys were stuck at the restaurant so long though! We will see you all again hopefully!

Feeling like I caught Elyse's cold to boot lol. My friend is coming Wednesday for company and to help me clean lol :blush:

Brandi that sucks about school- I had heard that they moved to 2 lunches and 2 nutritional breaks here. Originally we got 15 minutes of recess at 10:20 and 2:20, always outside unless it was like pouring rain... And an hour lunch 12-1 the first 20 minutes dedicated to eating. I think for older kids like grade 5+ that works but younger than that really is a challenge. We used to supervise the JK/K recesses and lots of kids did not finish in the 15 mins ... Wonder what the flavour of the week will be when Elyse goes :wacko: but like Sarah I need to get Elyse on a stricter meal schedule.

Glad Simon and Tobe were such troopers! And you too.. I hate driving !!

And welcome to the new ladies :) I'm Tasha and I'm 22, in Hamilton w/ my 3 year old daughter and boyfriend of about 5 years.

I'm a manager at McDs but I'm on a medical leave until May. Going to suck going back!

We had an eventful night. Just before bed, Zoe accidentally knocked a glass mug off the kitchen table and it smashed. I cleaned it up so no one would get hurt and thought that was the end of it. Half an hour later, Anberlin is SHRIEKING!!! She had been shuffling around on the floor below me so I looked down, and she sleeper was COVERED in blood, and it was dripping from her hand. She had one of the kids toys in her hand so I thought it was that, so we threw them out. I ran her to the bathroom and started rinsing the blood away but it just wouldn't stop. She was soaking through cotton balls within seconds and no matter how much pressure, the blood wouldn't stop and she's shriek even harder. We put a bandaid on, covered it with medical tape and put a sock over her hand and Mike put her in the car seat. I went to clean up the blood all over the kitchen floor when I noticed the huge chunk of glass I forgot, surrounded by smaller pieces of glass. I took her to the hospital and an hour after we got there, we went in to be registered and her finger was STILL bleeding. It soaked right through the sock. The nurse took her right in to the doctor who checked the wound and said it wasn't deep enough for stitches, and there was no glass in it, thankfully, so they did some minor first aid and sent us home, rather than making us wait.

She did a good number on it though. She took a whole chunk out of her finger, ripped the skin right off.

She's sleeping now. It wasn't easy getting her to sleep though, because the cut is on the hand with the thumb that she sucks. It's not on her thumb though, but we have to keep the sock on her hand for 24 hours. If it gets infected, she needs to go back.

Poor babe!! Hope it heals up quickly and there are no return visits for you!

ugh we had the night from hell... Peyton has been sleeping like shit all weekend, waking up and not going back to sleep unless I am laying beside him. Last night he lost it at bedtime, it took an hour to get him to sleep and he just screamed unless I was there... So he didn't get to sleep until 9pm... Then at 11pm he woke up and shrieked again until I went up. And proceeded to continue waking up every time I got to the door to leave. I ended up leaving and Tom went and laid with him for awhile... Within 2 mins of Tom leaving he started shrieking and Tom yelled at him so he went back to sleep.

1am he woke up (so literally half an hour after he had last fallen asleep). I ended up just going upstaires and sleeping with him. I have to go work at the barn this morning so waking up 20 times wouldn't have worked.

Tom doesn't like CIO and neither do I, but I think he is in for a dose of it tonight when Tom is at work. He will be gone all evening until 2:30. I thought maybe he wasn't feeling good initially because thats why I have kind of let it go all weekend but this is enough... it just keeps getting worse.

hope he sleeps better tonight Joss.

J was up several times last night to nurse... i think she is reverse cycling from not nursing during the day - instead of drinking some other form of milk during the day :wacko: but she is pretty snotty today so she might not be feeling great too.

Looking for something to do on this cold boring family day :( Tim went to work LOL

Joss - about Peyton and his night issues. My son Xavier had a couple bouts with nightime separation anxiety. It was hell he screamed for two hours strait for a few nights. We tried a few things but to reassure him I had to rock him asleep on my chest, ever do gently ease him into his crib. At that point he opened his eyes staring at me, so I had to stand over his crib while he nodded off. I'd manage to finally sneak out with him asleep, no easy feat with old creaky hardwood :) I remember mentioning to DH that I need a giant cardboard cutout of me to set beside his crib! After those few nights I guess he trusted we were there and it hasn't happened since. Good luck! It's no easy feat!

Sara - I am having issues with getting Xavier to drink some milk from a cup once a day. It's like he doesn't want it, he throws the cup away after a few sips. Maybe he's not ready?? I'll just go with the flow and hope he self weans on e my milk changes.

Glad that you made it home safely Sarah! :) And glad you had a good visit with your family despite the circumstances :hugs:

We had a great visit as well! The wait at the restaurant was a bit much though, especially with two kids in tow. Hannah was really antsy towards the end. Though she did enjoy her banana split french toast a great deal :haha:

:hugs: Sara & Joss & Brandi, Sorry that last night was a bad night for you all

I was going to invite you to the Science Centre Sara but I figured two big driving trips in a weekend would be to much for you.

That is our plan for the day though, we must be crazy braving it on family day :haha:

Sorry A cut her hand Brandi, that's sounds terrible :(

Joss I think CIO will work really well for Peyton.... we don't love it either but had to do it with Alia for going to sleep because it was beginning to take hours for us to get her to sleep at night. Now she goes to sleep within a few minutes of us tucking her in and leaving the room.

Good morning!
I woke up with the faint beginnings of a cold. Grrrr! And Tobe just full-on has a cold this morning. Sigh. We can't seem to win for losing on the health front this winter. Oh well, at least no one is puking... :)
Feeling sleepy this morning. I want to crawl back in bed with a good book and a cup of tea, and get someone else to look after my kidlets! I saw a news update on the line-ups for the penguin exhibit and will not be attempting those today! :) We'll go tomorrow after gymnastics, instead.
And I have about 4000 loads of laundry and a whole lot of unpacking to get done.
Yawn.

Sorry, meant to say - sending :sleep: :dust: to all those grumpy tired little babies. I am not a fan of CIO either, but I've used a timed version of it and it's pretty successful most of the time.
Joss, any chance it could be teeth for Peyton? Maybe try a dose of ibuprofen or something before bed and see if that helps?

:hugs: Hope you and Tobe both feel better soon Sarah

we were at the Science Centre most of the day. It was pretty insane there, really crowded but Hannah seemed to have a good time :rofl:

hahaha Peyton must have read my post from yesterday... He went right to sleep at 8pm without even whining and slept right until 7am :rofl:

Guess he wasn't up for the CIO :D

Sarah...I've got a cold too! Crap isn't it. Thankfully Jack seems untouched by it for the moment but still decides that 4-6 times of waking per night is acceptable! Please this be the 4 month sleep regression and please let it be gone on Thursday when he turns 5 months old!!

Anyways...happy pancake day to all my fellow Canadians and I wish I had some Aunt Jemima to celebrate with. Have to make do with a crappy British version of pancakes & syrup. GRR!!

And a question for you all? Do you all know each other in the real world? You all seem to get on so well and know each other's families!

Some of us have met up in real life but most of what we know of each other is just from this page....I guess that's what 70,000 posts does!! :haha:

pancake day?? haha oh oopsie I never remember that day anymore... I just wait for maplefest :D I am so excited for it this year :D :D

We probably won't have pancakes. I want McDs, it's fat Tuesday so I think that works.

Is anyone doing anything for Lent?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->