Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

Hi Ladies! I new here, I'm from Kindersley, SK. (3 hours from Calgary). I'm dreading tax season this year, seems my husband has over 30K in over time :S, so it really screwed his taxes.. Sooo don't want to do our taxes next week, glad im not the only one dreading this time.

Hi Jess and welcome! Is this your first lo you're expecting? Do you know if it's a boy or a girl?

Hopefully taxes will be okay this year. I got seriously f***ed last year because I was still a resident of Canada in 2010 so had to do my taxes for then but I'd have moved to the UK in Oct 2010 and started working here so had taxes taken off here then had to pay back Canada Revenue several hundred dollars for earlier in 2010 when I was a casual employee and claimed EI and never got enough taken off. I was seriously not impressed!!

:hi: Jess and welcome!

I hope everyone is having a good weekend so far! :)

Our neighbors are supposed to come over this morning I think and our single guy friends this afternoon. Which will hopefully be enough to deter the terrible threes we have going on today :roll:

Ohhh H must be excited for their visit this afternoon Vickie :haha:

J and i are hitting up some stores to make fake cupcakes for decorations for her party and i am heading to hot yoga with a friend. I haven't been to hot yoga since the winter before i got pregnant. so it should be interesting LOL BUT i get to break out my Lulu hot yoga clothes i spent a small fortune on :haha:

Hope everyone has a nice day!

I dunno right now she's just done a lot of screaming :haha: And I sent her back to bed. Will go up in another 10 and see if she's either 1) sleeping or 2) chilled enough to come downstairs

:wave: Hi everyone!

Had a great (but short) visit with Kate and Brig yesterday and their little cutie pies. :cloud9: The trip up was great but the drive home sucked, not sure why two snowplows decided to drive 40km/hr on Hwy 11 :wacko: Pretty much from Huntsville to Orillia! :dohh:

Then we pulled off at Orillia to try and take Old Barrie Road home, but got lost so went back out on the highway. :dohh:

Welcome Jess!

Have to share...
https://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq12/ZoeAndIsaiahsMom/IMG-20120225-00179.jpg

Vickie--Did Hannah's behaviour improve today?

Not a bad weekend here. My stepson was here this weekend and apart from his usual weekend activities, we went for a walk yesterday (in the rain). Typical Scottish weather! And then did laundry today and made some veggie puree for Jack.

Pretty quiet weekend around here for us...well as quiet as it can be with three kids and a dog running around, (my oldest has a friend over). Kids go back to school tomorrow after having had a week off so they are getting antsy..can u say Hallalujah!!!

Hi Jess and welcome! Is this your first lo you're expecting? Do you know if it's a boy or a girl?

Hopefully taxes will be okay this year. I got seriously f***ed last year because I was still a resident of Canada in 2010 so had to do my taxes for then but I'd have moved to the UK in Oct 2010 and started working here so had taxes taken off here then had to pay back Canada Revenue several hundred dollars for earlier in 2010 when I was a casual employee and claimed EI and never got enough taken off. I was seriously not impressed!!

Hi Maggs! This is our first LO, we are having a girl, hubby was hoping for a boy first but he's dealing with having a girl just great :). :cloud9: We have picked Vanessa Maria for her name, I'm not 100% liking Vanessa but it has a good reason behind it for hubby so we are sticking with it. I'm dreading behing on EI/Mat leave this year since I heard they never seem to take the right amount off. Hubby and I we're talking and we might figure out what they should take off and bank it in a savings account just so we dont need to deal with it.

Did you guys hear that a passenger train derailed in Burlington today? 3 people died and a bunch were air lifted to Hamilton, London & Toronto... I wonder what could have happened :shock:

I saw that on the news! It was a VIA Rail train too, eh? :nope: SO sad. :(

Ugh my ex babysitter is being annoying with having me claim her childcare. She said she lost some of her sheets that said how much I paid her so she asked me for copies. I don't have a printer so I said when I get one and get my tax stuff together I'd print off the copies, I told her I'm claiming 1800 for babysitting and she doesn't seem to think that amount is right.

I hope with the cheque copies my accountant wil be able to put the claim onto our taxes. She won't give me her sin number

How do you get baby sitting receipts. Do you just ask them to make you up one?

Good day today although the weather is cold! John took A down stairs while I had a cup of tea and enjoyed my book.
Just finishing off making muffins for Anna and in 15 minutes its bed time for her:cloud9::happydance::happydance::bunny::bunny:

Hi Jess, Im Sandra from Alberta. Married to John and have a wonderful cranky daughter named Anna :haha:

Joss - she's being pretty foolish. Seriously, you place one call to Revenue Canada and explain your problem (no SIN from her) and she could wind up with some 'splainin' to do.

Long story, I don't use the girl anymore but it was my understand she would be writting something up, and then she quit on me at xmas time and said claimed she didn't think I'd claum childcar and seemed to assume she was getting money under the table. She had asked me for cash too but I said no thankfully, so I have signed copies of all the cheques she gave me on my online banking.

Ugh Joss I can't believe she's still trying to pull that!

Maggs--her mood improved after enforce-a-nap :haha: She still had her moments but overall was much better. It could have been that we had friends over about 45 minutes after she got up as well so they helped to distract her.

I hadn't heard that Tasha but we've not turned on the tv until now as our friends just left

She doesn't have a leg to stand on, Joss. Those cheques will nail her. And not claiming income is tax evasion and an offence.
You have all the power in this situation. Give her another couple of chances to comply so you can fill out the childcare claim form. If she doesn't, call CRA and it's no longer your problem. She's being seriously stupid about this.

Ya I know she is. I am having a hard time being mean of threatening about it because I've known her since highschool. But it is 1800 I can claim and I will lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->