Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

Newt - how funny! We just got back from the Zoo! We ARE going to meet one of these days! :rofl: :dohh:

Hi Treelo!
Calgary is great! Don't worry!
There are only a handful of neighbourhoods that I would say don't do it, but I can help give you advice if you know a bit more about what kind of lifestyle you think you would like.
I live inner city in one of the older neighbourhoods. I'm close to the Zoo and the Science Centre, which are both top notch kiddy spots. Also close to lots of green spaces, the river pathways, etc. The suburbs of Calgary generally offer bigger houses, but you've got a lot more driving to do to get to most of the amenities.
My suggestion would be to rent for awhile and get a sense of the city. Prices have dropped on houses here and I think they are going to keep dropping, personally.
School-wise - there are great schools all over. I have worked in/with a lot of them on various special arts/science projects and I think the general calibre of teaching and curriculum is high.
You are an hour's drive from the Rockies, about 1.5-3 hours from several world famous dinosaur digs (if any of your kids are dino-crazy, they will swoon when they see the badlands!:)), and in a city with a lot of great cultural festivals (Calgary Children's Festival, tons of theatre festivals, folk fest, etc.) I have found people to be pretty friendly here, as well. If he gets the job, PM me, and I'll be happy to give you more details! :)

That's a cute looking kicthen.

Hope your husband's interview goes well Treelo.

Off to a swimming birthday party here today.

Sorry no advice here Treelo but good luck to your husband!

To funny that you and Newt keep missing each other :rofl:

Have fun at the swim party today Lisa!

We are eating and than heading to the store to pick up a few fruits and veg and a couple of other basic ingredients that we need

Having friends over this afternoon and making Stan's new favorite dinner (chicken tikka masala with naan bread :rofl:)

Peyton and Jasmine love their kitchen :D I found a nice wooden one on chapters awhile back.

Tom is still working on painting the living room. It is looking way better though. Hopefully it will make someone want to buy it hahaha

Crazy calgary at its best. Yesterday sunny +10 today snow everywhere. We are heading up to Cairstairs to go sledding with some good friends of ours. Sarah do you know the Toothes?

Its ok thought I would ask as they are from balfour and Gord is a paramedic/figher fighter in the N.E.

Got home form working at the Zoo to find that Tobe had a bad accident today. He tripped and bit his tongue really hard. Paramedic husband just about took him to the ER, but the bleeding finally stopped. It looks absolutely awful - this big jagged bite wound on his tongue - ouch!
We doped him up with ibuprofen and are just hoping that he heals quickly.

I discovered a strange leak in our closet today.
Yes, our closet. :shrug:
So, we have the repairmen coming tomorrow sometime.
Hopefully it isn't anything too major - such a weird and random place for water to suddenly be dripping from the ceiling....

Ouch! Heal fast Tobe. Hope the leak isn't to serious.

Poor Tobe :( I hope it heals quickly :hugs:

And I hope that the leak isn't anything to bad!

Awww poor Tobe! :( It should heal quickly good thing about any injuries in the mouth. When Claire bit through her bottom lip it was healed within a day or so. :thumbup: But oh heavens, the bleeding!!!!!

Tobe seems much much better this morning.
We sort of thought the same thing about the nastiness of the wound vs where it was. Husband said that if it was anywhere else on his body that he would have taken him in for stitches just to minimize the scarring, but that on a baby Tobe's size, stitches on his tongue would require sedation. So then you weigh the risks of anesthetic for a little guy like that with the injury, etc. It's good to have a paramedic as a husband! :)

Lots of snow coming down here. It's very beautiful, but not looking forward to driving to music. Our car is awesome in the snow - it's the other drivers I worry about. You know, the ones with no snow tires.... :nope:

Have a good one, everyone!

Drive safe Sarah!!!

Alia puked last night :( Weird thing is that she never woke up. She asked to go to bed last night around quarter to 7...went right to sleep and then didn't wake up till 8am. Nathan went in to get her and she started screaming so he checked it out and there was a big pile of puke in her bed but it wasn't fresh so it must have happened sometime during the night. She was talking in her sleep a lot last night and had a fever this morning so I wonder if she has some sort of tummy bug. Off to do laundry!

I hope that the roads aren't to bad Sara! And that other drivers aren't to crazy

Poor Alia :( I hope that she doesn't throw up any more :hugs:

Poor Alia! Hope she feels better soon!!!

Poor Tobe, I hope it heals quickly.

It was snowing here quite a bit today as well, looked really pretty with the fresh white.

I hope Alia's belly feels better soon.

Hope Alia feels better soon!!

Im pooched! i worked a full day, picked up J, got some groceries, came home & nursed and changed J, cooked dinner, put J's diapers in the washer, ate and then bathed J and got her in her PJ's . I still have to clean up the kitchen (may not happen :blush: ) get her diapers in the dryer and put J to bed. i think i need to start drinking coffee again!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->