Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

hahahahaaa sara I die without my coffee... Just wait till you have 2 kids :D

Feel better Alia!

I wish my washer automatically exchange the diapers to the dyer.

^ lol whoever can invent a machine like that would be a billionaire!

omg..... MELISSA!!!!!! I went on turbo tax to try it and see if it would give an idea of stuff and how the hell am I STILL going to end up oweing?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! How do people get so much money back when they make so much more then tom and I do? I am really depressed about this.

Ah, mysterious night pukes! :) Kind of awesome that Alia didn't wake you up, though! Hope she felt better today!

Sara - HOW have you been surviving this far without caffeine? I do not even pretend to not be seriously addicted. I keep it to 3 cups, but I am not my usual bright-eyed, bushy-tailed self without caffeination!

It really doesn't have much to do with how much money you make it's more about how much money gets with held throughout the year. It's hard to explain without looking at your whole tax return but ya basically if you don't want to owe you need to have more taxes coming off your paycheque. Taxes suck :(

omg..... MELISSA!!!!!! I went on turbo tax to try it and see if it would give an idea of stuff and how the hell am I STILL going to end up oweing?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! How do people get so much money back when they make so much more then tom and I do? I am really depressed about this.

Is it possible that your work isn't taking enough taxes off?

My paycheques are already too low though. I don't know how I would have more taken off... seriously. I don't buy or do anything for myself, I cant save anything because all my money is going to a sitter and our food basically.

It is just depressing and not fair people who make over 100K are getting hundreds/thousands back :( Its like you cant get money unless your already rich it seems.

I too am addicted to caffeine. Someone asked the other day if I worry about drinking coffee while breastfeeding, but i drink 3 cups a day and they sleep great for 7 week olds! Plus I drank coffee while pregnant, so they're probably used to it :haha:

I worry about it when I know I shouldn't. Joni sleeps 8-9 hours in a row most nights.
But I feel like if Joni is gassy/fussy I'm always the one to blame.

I drank coffee through both pregnancies, too. :coffee: :thumbup:

Joss - have you deducted for the child's arts and fitness credits? And your income from the horse training could allow you to deduct all sorts of stuff...
EI/mat leave years can be really brutal. I told you how they didn't even deduct 1% in tax from my EI payments, right? Well, that bit me in the ass.
We made an RRSP contribution that took the sting out, but yeah, taxes suck. :(

I don't claim anything from the horse training because it isn't regular now that I have kids. So my income from it is barely anything except a few extra dollars.

Neither of my kids actully did anything last year for the arts & fitness credit, Jasmines ballet didn't start until January 2012.

I just feel like hardworking people always get the shit end of the stick with anything financially. I work my ass off and get nothing for it, like seriously, I have nothing to show for it. Half my paycheques go to a sitter, I waste every weekend working instead of doing stuff with my family. I can't buy anything I want or go on any trips. We can't afford to buy a nice house.

Im just so sick of being so poor :( and I just don't understand how other people get so much?!

Other people could be investing in RRSPs, etc. Were you on Mat Leave at any point during the tax year last year? Cuz if you were that's probably what's biting you in the ass. I remember that happening to Jaylene, because she was on ML even for 3 months (she went back to work early) and then having her regular wage on top of it SCREWED her. :nope: Maybe contact her? She'd be able to explain it better.

I'm STILL paying back taxes from my 2009 return. I didn't realize that I filed wrong and I got like $1500 more than what I should have. :wacko: Any little refund I get has gone to paying them back.

I agree, taxes do suck big time. :(

hate to break it to you guys:
https://www.canadianappliance.ca/itempics/39253_xlarge.jpg
this is a washer dryer all in one.... im not sure however if it automatically switches to dry after its completed the wash cycle LOL

I was drinking only green tea for a while... but i was drinking like 5 cups a day so i switched to decaf green tea even. i now drink 3-4 a day and i always order decaf from starbucks... i did it to see if it helped with J's sleep (it did not) and now thats its out of my system seems silly to go back...

Tim gets $$ back because of claiming J as a dependent and he contributes to an RRSP that is not part of his paycheck, so the money goes in after he's paid taxes on the full pop, and his work is good about deducting the right amount (especially when he works a crap load of OT). I contribute to my rrsp through my work, although when my work paid me my bonus (i didn't think they would as i only worked for 2 months)i requested the put it in my rrsp so that i would get a little break on my taxes. but essentially Tim will get back around $900 but i have to pay $60. I have to pay EVERY YEAR :( but we set up a small rrsp at the bank for tim its only $50 every two weeks and it really makes a difference at tax time for us.

Mat leave has killed us financially. We have blown through any little bit we had saved (which wasn't much, not even a month of expenses), we are living in the deep end of our overdraft, we have put $1000's on our line of credit just and its because i am NOT SAHM material. I get too bored so i would go out and spend all sorts of $$ and now we are paying for it big time. The one advantage i have to being so busy/tired with working all week is i have zero desire to leave the house after work and therefore not spending. But we will eat out both saturday and sunday night and probably order takeout one night a week so i get a break... and thats gotta stop. i guess i just need to find the swing of things now.

There is my novel LOL i best get back to work.

Joss people only get more back because theyve paid too much during the year. People who make more money will pay more taxes. Period. If they invest in rrsps it does defer the tax but they will still have to pay tax on the money once it comes out.
I agree the middle class gets screwed by the government.

This fall I'm going to get into tutoring. I aced all my highschool math classes (like 99% average) and I'm a chartered accountant, plus I've tutored befor... I'd like to do math and accounting tutoring, hopefully I can get a few students who are interested.

thats awesome Melissa! i think you'll get students for sure. Im actually going to start taking the McMaster equivalent courses for my CGA online soon. Im not sure how long its going to take me but i need to work towards improving myself professionally.

That's a great idea Melissa!!! I sucked at math. :blush: I did really, really well at English though. I could ace those huge essays that you had almost half the semester to prepare for in only a week. :thumbup:

But math? Forget it. :dohh: I still add using my fingers, ha ha ha. :rofl:

OH only gets money back because he pays extra taxes. I pay a bit into RRSP but come out about even. Are you claiming medical expenses (what your benefits don't pay)? Melissa would know better but if you claimed lessons as a small business with an office you may be able to have deductions there as well.

Well the people im referring to were also on matleave for as long, or longer in 2011 then I was. I know alot of people who have been on matleave in the last year.

I just wish I would get some good luck soon :(

I definately don't see the point in continuing working after I go off this time. More then half my paycheque alone is going to the sitter and gas to get to my hell hole job. I hate it and im sick of people telling me I shouldn't quit because its a good job and hard place to get into.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->