Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

Oh! Meant to say - Tobe reopened his horrible tongue wound at playgroup today. WHEN is he going to learn to stop running around with his tongue between his teeth? :dohh:

Oh no poor Tobe :(

glad you had a good day at the zoo! :)

the long distance thing isn't much fun :rofl:

Stan and I "talked"online for 7ish years before we met in person, were engaged for a year (we did get engaged very quickly :blush:), and have now been married a little over 6 years :)

Good morning everyone!
Not a great sleep for me last night, but the caffeine is starting to kick in, so I'll survive! :)
Planning to take the boys to the Farmers' Market, then on a puddle walk.

Morning! Or should I say afternoon? How is Tobe feeling today? Poor ickle boy! Cloudy and cool here, just got back from town getting groceries, now laundry on the go and supper to go on soon. Pretty uneventful day! Tomorrow is just Jack and I has DH is with his other son at a rugby tournament all day. Glad it's not me! haha

Good afternoon all.

Today we are going to look at tile and vanities for our bathroom reno. Fun

:hi:

We spent the day at Jadyn's birthday party (with a quick stop this morning to let Hannah pick out her "big girl" bedding). We should be getting her new mattress on Weds. and I'll hopefully get some pics up once we get it all together :haha: Right now she's on an air mattress so I've not bothered with pics :rofl:

I hope everyone had a good day! :)

Great day for us, even managed to get my revolting P90X workout in. :bodyb:
So gorgeous out!
Tobe seems totally fine again, Maggs! Thanks for asking! I've taken to reminding him to put his tongue in when he starts running with it out between his teeth. He responds when I do that, so maybe he is cluing in?
Playing the boys some irish folk tunes in preparation for St.Paddy's! :)
Makes me want to go drink some green beer and jig like a mad thing in some pokey little pub with a live fiddle band! :)
Maggs, do you ever get out to hear any Scottish folk music? I met a hell of a band from Aberdeen when I was living in Sweden in university. They were all older guys, but they sure could play!

Vickie - I am really excited to get my boys a bunk bed. It's a couple of years off, but I am so excited to get them out of the toddler stuff.
Hmmm.
Is that a bad sign for my future TTC aspirations? That I want to purge all the baby gear.... :blush:
We're not even trying until after China, so I will think about it in September! :)

:brat: The comforter ripped in the washer--probably Stan's fault for putting it at the top but still really sucky. :sulk: Going to attempt to take it back tomorrow because we spent a lot on this bedding set thinking it would last her a good few years (rather than going with oh Dora which would probably only last another year or two at most)

we hadn't even really planned on buying a twin bed but a relative offered to put money towards it. We ended up paying more to get what we wanted (not that I'm complaining at all with what they gave us--it was very generous of them and they did not have to do it, I just wanted something that Hannah could grow with and have for the next oh 10 years or so :rofl:)

glad you had a good day Sarah!!

That really sucks about the comforter Vickie, i hope they exchange it!!

J had an awesome first birthday party. She was super spoiled. Only a few people i invited didn't come so there were ton's of people to celebrate with us and J was very happy to visit with ALL of them. She didn't even care if i was there or not!

i actually took none :blush: but everyone else did so im sure i'll get some together LOL

Sara - :cloud9: Special baby, special mama, lovely! :) Glad she was so celebrated and :haha: at her being such a little life of the party! I remember when husband took Simon to visit his family when Simon was 16 months - I wasn't sure whether to be relieved and proud or mildly insulted at the fact that Simon (who had never spent as much as one night away from me) did not demonstrate one moment of "Where's my mama?" angst! :)

Stan and I were talking about that--Hannah would have NEVER gone to anyone (pretty sure she didn't go to anyone) at her first birthday :haha: I was happy that J let me hold her though :smug: Especially with so many relatives around, I wasn't sure if she'd want me or not :rofl:

Vickie--FFS! Can't believe that brand new comforter ripped!

Sarah--yea we have some Scottish folk stuff, don't hear it much. Think they play it on BBC Scotland but don't listen to it. Runrig is a big one here...they do Loch Lomond. We did the dance at the end of our wedding reception :)

Glad Jadyn had a great birthday party! I can't wait/am sad all at once for Jack's. He'll be 6 months old in just a couple of weeks! :cry:

J was amazing! Didn't play strange at all with anyone. :cloud9: We had a great time Sara. I wanted to hold her but I've got a cold and didn't want J to potentially get it. :nope:

Yeah i think she even reached for you Vickie... she was doing that it wasn't pass the baby it was the baby saying "k done with you... next" LOL she sat with Andy happily for a LONG time LOL my MIL was loosing it cause she wants to take her but J was too busy with everyone else :rofl:

maybe she'll be in the same mood next weekend Tiff (if you are going) LOL

Thanks Maggs!

Uuuugh I'm not sure about next weekend now. :( I start at Gymboree early Sunday morning and its also P's first day of work back. So that means Claire needs to be out at Fenna's on Saturday and that's a LOT of driving.

I'm having a total moment about it too. I know its short term loss for long term gain but I really, really, REALLY hate having Claire go out to MIL's for more than a day. :cry: I work again on Tuesday night at Gymboree so that means she'll have to stay out there from Saturday until Wednesday afternoon when P gets up.

Its a one time deal though, if my parents weren't in Florida I'm sure they would've watched C for the 4 hours Sunday morning and then she wouldn't have to go out to MILs.

Then I work at the Restaurant on Thursday night. I don't know what else to do, I really need money and this is the best way to get it. Hate that I have to sacrifice seeing her at ALL though. :( I wouldn't care so much if I still got to at least see her in the morning before work or in the evening after. :(

Tiff I bet working at Gymboree is going to be SO tempting! I've never bought anything there because it's so expensive, but I was given a $50 gift card for the twins! I think I'll wait to use it until they're in a bigger size and will fit in the same size longer. It might be a while though. They will be 8 weeks tomorrow and Clara still fits newborn clothes well and Ainslie is just starting to move into some 0-3 month stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->