Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

Hope you had a good day Brandi. :hugs:

Tasha - We've just decided to put away our stroller. Truth be told we haven't used it very often, in the winter months its pretty much next to impossible. Now Claire refuses to sit in it, I tried today with it being nice out (and wanting a good workout sesh by pushing her stroller up the crazy hill of death we have) and all the while she kept whining how she wants to walk. :roll:

So no more stroller for us! Not sure what to do with ours. I'd sell it, but its in obviously used condition. :shrug: toddler bed, no stroller. Kiddo is growing up!

Yeah, Elyse wants to walk more and more. But gets tired and wants up after awhile, and I am done hauling a 30-something pounder around. I guess I will keep it in case for the summer anyway then sell or store it. I hope to get to the zoo before she decides she's done with it lol

Oh lovely...very jealous :winkwink:

I was on the webcam with my parents last night and they were bragging about the nice weather and Dad was out washing his truck, so you know it was nice! Next, he'll be chomping at the bit to get out and mow the lawn haha

Whereabouts are you in Canada if you don't mind me asking? Just thinking you must be nearby if you're popping to NS for a visit...like either NB or PEI.

We live in NB so try to get over to visit a couple of times a year. Such a nice place and OH's family live in a quiet little town so it's a great get away.

About the chocolate, I would be livid as well!

I hope Elyse had a wonderful 3rd birthday!

I've been to NB a few times, it's more a drive through spot though! Been to Moncton, Saint John and oh that park that has the rocks where you can walk on the ocean floor. Forgot what it's called now. In Fundy National Park I think. Usually I just see it now when we're going to PEI. I'm from a small town at the very end of the Annapolis Valley. I assume it's still considered in there.

Jasmine refused to sit in a stroller at about a year and a half LOL... She honestly walked toronto zoo when she was like 17 months old...

I WISH she would ride in a stroller still!!!! Having her walking is a huge pain in the butt, it is stressfull.

Anyways me and my migraine are off to work haha

Tasha I'd keep it around for now. Hannah can walk pretty much anywhere but like Elyse she gets tired and I don't want to carry her :haha: We use it when we walk to No Frills (convenient to have the basket there :lol:) and I take it to the mall in the winter because I can throw our coats under there and it gives me a place for her if she gets tired or needs a time out period :blush: :rofl:

And Hannah is pretty big for her age so I imagine people do wonder :haha:

My SIL used her stroller up until 7/8 and to me that is to old :shrug:

Tiff people sell used strollers all the time on kijiji! Isn't yours a higher end brand? I think you could get some money off of it if you did want to sell it

hope your migraine eases soon Joss :hugs:

happy belated birthday Brandi

Thunder storm and pouring rain here. There goes my hopes of getting outside with the girls. Nathan left last night to go to a farm equipment auction near Guelph and won't be back until 6pm tonight, so I'm on my own with both girls all day. Which isn't overly difficult but I hate having to put Alia down for a nap. I have to rush it so I'm not leaving Joni alone for long.

Anna is already refusing the stroller. She loves walking and exploring too much.

I haven't used the stroller for K in probably almost 2 years.... A still uses it, just because its easier when I'm out with the two of them... but most of the time I just use a shopping cart because it holds more stuff. :haha:

I imagine in another year or so, I will get rid of our strollers. I think it's good to keep one around though, JUST in case... for longer trips (i.e. the zoo) where they might get tired walking all day.

Ya, ours was a Peg Perego Pliko P3. Ended up selling it on the Barrie Moms Swap and Buy. :wohoo: I contemplated keeping it but I used it yesterday and she bawled with not being able to walk so no point in hanging on to something. Oy! Worst case I may get a cheap umbrella stroller, but the big one had to go! :haha:

Its supposed to thunderstorm and hail here later today. Good times! I work tonight, will probably be busy as there's a bday party of 10 people coming in.

Glad you were able to sell it :)

Put pictures of Hannah's big girl room up in my journal if anyone wants to see :flower:

We had a thunderstorm in the morning but I was at work haha... the rest of the day was beautiful, we went outside for a bit after I picked the kids up :D

My hand and arm have been hurting weirdly all day so I can tell we're getting rain here soon. Now the sky is overcast and the air feels damp, if not today, tomorrow we'll have rain.

Hope your migraine improved Joss!

We had a thunderstorm this morning too. I love thunderstorms, it definitely makes it feel more like spring! :)

We had hail here yesterday which turned to snow so we are again covered in white.

Well I hope you all come visit NB and meet me!

B threw up today all over me, her, and the floor. She's having creamy poops, and fevering off and on, so hopefully she feels better soon. Thankfully I still have a week before going back to work. I was getting a little worried because she has been off this week both here and at the sitter's and I wasn't sure if it was the transition but I'm thinking now it's just been her not feeling right.

OOH - We just had a crazy thunderstorm a half hour ago! Crazy since it's almost below zero out! x

Oh I can't remember the last time I had a good thunderstorm! Probably before I moved here. I remember because I was staying with my parents at the time and it was the summer and my parents were away for something. I woke around 1am to thunder starting and we'd had some off and on for weeks. And I remember Dad saying something about this metal screw thing he had connecting the clothesline pole to the house and if it thundered, just unscrew it as if it hit the clothesline pole, it could come into the house. Well I was shittin' myself. Went out in between thunder rumbles and unscrewed it at 1am! House was on a hill and had seen a few power poles get hit nearby over the years.

Well Jack and I are both sick here today. Well's Jack's been sick for a couple of days now--coughing & sneezing and yesterday he had sticky eyes. I have a sore eye, maybe a stye, I don't know. And went into the spare room last night as hubby was coughing and lay there half the night freezing with pounding headache and sore throat. A do nothing day for us! Which is fine as it's pissing with rain anyway.

Hope everyone has a good day!

hope you and jack feel better soon, maggs!

We just had a little nap. Could have stayed for another hour but at least was better than nothing. Could barely keep my eyes open! Time for a cup of tea and CHOCOLATE! haha

Feel better Jack and Maggs.

Daycare day for me. Anna is off having fun while we go look at more bathroom reno stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->