Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

Oh the tantrums. :haha: Its funny how different they all are. Alora has been throwing more tantrums lately, but she's still the "easier" one out of the two girls. Kyree has always been the more challenging one. She is constantly testing the limits. :wacko:

Alora's fits are funny though - she usually squeezes her little fists and shakes them, all while screaming in my face. It only lasts a minute or two though, which is nice. Kyree's tantrums can last all afternoon in some cases. :dohh:

Amanda - I agree with the other ladies, you are amazing!

I think Tobe is going to be the drama child in our family. Simon is too busy being a devil to have all that many tantrums. It's sort of scientific naughtiness, so I am somewhat more patient with it (for example, this morning when he carefully measured several cups of porridge oats from the oat jar into the brown sugar jar - he knows it's naughty, but he is just so interested in the results). I still tear out my hair and beat the floor and howl "Siiiiiimmmmmooooooonnnnn" fairly regularly, but I do give him the allowance that the terribleness isn't completely malevolent. :)

And as for Tobe, I am actually starting to form a theory that he doesn't need words because he communicates so very effectively with facial expressions and gibberish. And his tantrums really are splendid performances. They start out with rage, then he moves onto despair (complete with baleful looks my way clearly asking me "HOW could I do this to him?"), then slowly melts into a puddle of woe on the floor. I think he would have gotten top marks in my theatre school. Unfortunately for him, both parents are classically trained actors, so we've got his number.
Maybe what he really needs is an agent? :haha:

We should really start a Top Tantrum contest on BnB. It would not only be good for a laugh, it would make us all feel better.

I dunno.... Jasmine can be pretty wild LOL

Kate - Alora's fist shaking reminded me - can't remember if I shared this with all of you yet or not, but the other day, Simon was feeling mad at me because I lost it on him when we were all trying to get dressed to go outside (you know the scenario, you ask them 7000000++++ times to put on their socks and they decide to pull out every toy they have instead? Trust me, it took a good long while for me to finally lose it, but holy mother! who has that much patience?). Anyway, I was wrestling Tobe into his coat and I looked over and Simon was giving me this "mad" face, which involves him sort of squinting his eyes and scrunching up his mouth like he's eaten a lemon, and pumping his fist up and down in the air. I asked him what he was doing and he said that he was shaking his fist at me because he was mad. :rofl:
I think he got this from husband and I - we do that silly shaking the fist of rage at the heavens whenever something goes wrong. So I guess Simon thinks that is how you tell someone you are mad? :shrug:

WHAT are they going to think goes on in this house when he starts playschool next fall? :blush:

Yes! I do mean filming them!
And the winning reel gets sent in to America's Funniest and gets us all a little party cash!!

Oh!!! I completely forgot to tell you guys (I think we've all been really busy this week, eh?) - I think I had my first insane parent experience! I went to register Simon at our local playschool. I got the tip off that it was very hard to get in (just not enough playschools around, so huge demand on this one), so went two hours early with my friend. We were 24th and 25th in line. We got in and were signed up according to our "group" (returning students and alumni families get first dibs, then it's locals, then whoever), and three hours after that, I squeaked Simon into a spot. I think they were a little bit excited to have me because I signed up as their grant researching volunteer (I already have a ton of experience in that, so should be pretty straightforward) and I guess that is not a popular position? Anyway... :shock: Craziness!

Good work Sarah!

Hmm my new mission is to get a video of Alia in a tantrum

Man, Claire had massive fit because we had to leave the park today. Refused to walk, screamed bloody murder. I honestly wanted to throttle her. She had been a toddler-jerk ALL day since she got up and I was at my wits end by the time we left the park.

She got sent to bed early, as soon as we were back from the park. No toys, no TV, no snacks, nada. I'm a mean Mom. :haha:

Hmmm.
Perhaps we need both a Tantrum contest and a Fantasy Toddler-Punting Contest, Tiff? It could be animated so that we could let our feelings out and not get charged? :haha:

I'm in, Sarah. :thumbup: :rofl:

In all seriousness, it frigging IRRITATES me!!!! I refuse to do the "hollow threats" with Claire, so if I say we aren't going to the park - we aren't going. But there's times when goshdarnit I really, really, REALLY need her to run off some energy at the park.

But noooooo, she has to be a freaking brat and then laugh at me when I tell her that she's not behaving properly and then have to pull the "we're not going card". Which of course makes her distraught and she screams and kicks and cries and writhes around on the floor.

Has anyone watched Alice in Wonderland (Disney animated) movie recently? The way she acts at times reminds me of the part where Alice and the Queen of Hearts are about to play crouquet with those flamingo-type birds as the putters? How they're rigid straight for the Queen but as soon as Alice tries to hit her little porcupine-ball-thingy they go all limp and goofy?

I swear that's what Claire does. Its amazing how she can switch from rigid/poker straight to floppy/jellyfish.

:dohh: Its truly been one of those days.

Oh the joys of toddlerhood! I did just mention on a thread in baby club how I love the baby stage best...I see why now!

Off to get groceries today...had to wait until my maternity pay came in as I was BROKE! :( So off today to spend it all now haha I'm still sick, gonna give it a couple of more days then off to the drs I go. Jack seemed to have a better night last night because we didn't get him any fruit yesterday. Wondering if the bananas were giving him grief. So will stop those for a bit and just give apple & pear maybe.

Brandi--I had no idea you were in an abusive relationship! Glad you're getting out! I know it's a hard step to make :hugs:

Good morning!
I woke up with the energy of a :bunny: !!! Must be the Spring Equinox!
I've been up for hours already, tackling my long list of chores.
I was on the phone this morning switching my insurance over to Meloche Monnex, through TD. They have one of those alumni group insurance rates, so I called them for a quote a few weeks ago. And am kicking myself that I didn't do this last year. They beat my current insurance policy by over $500 and are giving me way more coverage. So it's great that we'll be saving huge cash on this, but makes me so mad at myself that I didn't check into this when it first came out. :grr:

Okay, off to tackle the perpetual chores of :dishes: and :laundry:

Hope everyone has a great day! :flower:

:hi: Morning all!

:rofl: Oh the joys of toddlerhood. Though Hannah's screaming has decreased finally. We went through several months of her screaming bloody murder at EVERYTHING. So annoying. Now she just pouts and if I happen to be sitting down she lays on top of me and pouts, it actually makes me laugh :rofl: And they seem to be shorter lived with the pouting. There is still some screaming but not nearly like it used to be!

We've had a busy day. Swim class this morning (the bus driver had the friggin' heater on--I about died on the way there!). And when we got home I worked on getting lunches done because we're having a picnic lunch with friends and a trip to the playground for a few hours this afternoon :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->