Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

Spirited is definitely the more PC term for it! :haha:

:wave: Terri! Miss ya around here. :hugs:

Had a good morning. Claire was amazing on the bus, was a nice change! :happydance: Went to her playgroup and during it there was a Positive Parenting seminar being offered so sat in on that, got LOTS of great advice on how to deal with specifically preschooler age. VERY helpful! :thumbup:

Sucks that next week is the last one. :( Claire has advanced so much with this group... though I understand that other kids are waiting too. :(

I am still laughing at spanked him to sleep haha.

Elliot actually slept last night, he only woke up once at 2:30! and hes currently napping! WOOHOOOO! :D Time to do taxes.

Yeah I think Helena will be independent. Thats what Bri always says, "at least she is using her mind and doing her own thinking!" lol

I console myself with the fact that naughty kids are often more interesting.....? :haha:

Hey Tiff!
What does your raptr thing in your signature mean? Is it a game?

Hey Tiff!
What does your raptr thing in your signature mean? Is it a game?

Ha ha ha, yes it is. Both P and I are huuuge into the Mass Effect series. This game is the final one, super good! Although I'm sure you all will take my word on that. :haha: We've been fighting over who gets to play once Claire is down for either a nap or for the night, as we won't play it while she's awake. :rofl:

Welcome Terri!!!! Happy Birthday to E!!!!!!!!!!

Sarah- I always was told naughty children are smarter hehe

:hi: Terri, good to see you posting :hugs:

Any good tips Tiff? :)

I know I could always use them with my uhh spirited 3 year old :rofl: (brat is more like it today :haha:)

Hope that the weather is nice for you tomorrow as well Maggs!

It's supposed to be pretty good here and I'm hoping they are right since we have no classes. It'd be nice to be able to kill time outside.

Right now about 45 mins outside Fredericton, next week will be in Hillsbourough.

I live about 2 hrs away from Fredericton..

Hi Terri!

2 days into being back at work full time with my close/open done. It's going ok but I miss seeing B as much, thankfully the rest of the week looks a bit better.

Our sitter also was going to be going to the positive parenting seminars. I should ask her if she went yet. She was going mainly because of her son becaus he has really bad tantrums I guess.

What is positive parenting? Trying to be happy while your kid throws a tantrum?? :haha:

I put all the stuff in my journal. Feel free to read away! :thumbup:

Ha ha ha, that's what I thought at first too Melissa. Some sort of hippy thing, like sitting in a circle singing kum-by-yah while the tantrum rages on. :rofl:

haha no idea what it is, but I know it is supposed to try and deter spanking and yelling etc. Which I know none of us do... right??? ;) I think it is supposed to offer different strategies to try and teach kids not to do what they are doing lol.

Hi All!!

J is walking!!! its so freakin' cute!

hope you all have a good night!

Thanks Tiff!

Well done Jadyn! :yipee:

I showed Stan the video and he was in shock :haha:

Np! :mrgreen: Most of the stuff makes really good sense, but I find myself doing the opposite. Just like how the SLP pointed out to us to stop phrasing things as questions to Claire. Generally speaking, most kids will have the opposite answer to what you want to do. :rofl: :dohh:

WAY TO GO J!!!!! :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo:

Happy Birthday Big E! :cake: Hope it was a great one! And um, welcome to the Parents of Three-Year Olds Support Group, Terri? :haha:

Np! :mrgreen: Most of the stuff makes really good sense, but I find myself doing the opposite. Just like how the SLP pointed out to us to stop phrasing things as questions to Claire. Generally speaking, most kids will have the opposite answer to what you want to do. :rofl: :dohh:
WAY TO GO J!!!!! :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo:

:rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"