Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

I remember feeling like that (even though J never slept right through...) then she hit 4 months and it ALL went down hill for me... i will keep my fx for you Melissa!! LOL

Headed out to visit Vickie and Hannah later, first we are headed to the grocery store as im about to be fired from my wife/mother position if i don't get some food into this house LOL

:sleep: Colin may have had 3 hours sleep last night :nope: Not sure what's going on. Need :coffee: Hope everyone has a good day.

Good morning!
Yaaawwwwwnnnnn. :sleep:
My kids slept really well last night, but I feel like I could use another full night's sleep. Trying to caffeinate and wake up!

:hugs: to all those whose kids didn't sleep well - it is so brutal when that happens.

Been really busy lately with some extra shifts, applying for another part-time job, and the usual kids and housework stuff. Simon has been so freakin' naughty lately that I am surprised I have not completely lost it. Just the most destructive, willful, bratty behaviour from him. Yesterday alone he snuck into the bathroom, climbed into the cabinet and dumped my expensive Aveda hair goop into the carpet and emptied a full bottle of baby bubble bath into the tub. All while I was changing Tobe. I think he needs an exorcism.
Simon woke up with a very runny nose this morning, so I'll see whether a head cold slows him down or just inspires new twists in his naughty tirades....

And I am experiencing the WORST PMS since I got my period back. Seriously, I will kill someone today if I don't get my period. I cannot handle any more wild rides on the moodwagon. I'm going to start sobbing in the grocery store or something equally ridiculous. :haha:

Oh! And forgot to add that it looks like our downstairs neighbour is moving out, so we are taking over his suite as of April 15 and will have the house to ourselves! :happydance:
It's all I can do to keep myself from running down there right now and planning out how to turn the living room into a playroom and the bedroom into an office!! So excited about more space! Hurrah!

Elliot slept good, and then I bragged and he hasn't slept since. He is up every 2 hours still, and screams to no end if Brian picks him up instead of me. It sucks.

Been MIA as I have been so sleep deprieved and now we are all sick *wahh!* haha

Hope everyone else is good!

Jasmine started sleeping through the night at 6weeks and never regressed. But she was ff fed. Peyton woke up every 2-3 hours until we switched to formule at 7 months! Lol it willl be interesting to see how the next one sleeps!

Well my girls are both fed the same breastmilk and one regularly sleeps 7-8 hrs straight and the other usually only lasts 4-5hrs. :shrug: And Andrew was sleeping 10-12hrs by this age while EBF, so I think it's more that all babies are different than what they eat :shrug:

:hugs: Meldmac that would kill me!

Hannah slept pretty well from 6.5 months onto 3.5 years and we have had issues here and there since that time with her trying to put off going to bed or for a while waking up in the middle of the night for stupid stuff :roll: :rofl:

What a day! It's been a good one though :) We enjoyed Sara and J's visit and got our house cleaned. I got a few things sorted for Rhys and cleared out Hannah's closet (because she's constantly shoving crap in there :roll:) so now it's clear so she can start all over again :rofl:

Stan's got her in the bath now so she can play for a bit, we're usually barely able to get her in bed on time because we're so busy so she never gets to play in the tub any more :rofl:

I hope everyone is having a good weekend :)

Whatever you feed your kid doesn't matter at all IMHO. Claire was FF and she slept like SHIT from 6 months to nearly 2 years. So if FF makes your kid sleep through the night she clearly missed the memo. :rofl:

We had a quiet morning at home, then headed out to do a few errands and that's when Simon pulled out all the stops on his attempt at being the world's biggest little shit. Running away in the mall, grabbing things off the shelves, spitting all over the car seat and himself, deliberately breaking as many rules as possible the minute we walked through the door..... need I go on?
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I want my sweet well-behaved TWO-year old back!!!!! :brat: :cry: :brat:

Holy shit, I cannot take much more of this!!! My kid is a f**king hellion!!!! He is that rotten brat that everyone else stares at in the supermarket. Yay me! Great job!

:hugs: Sarah, I will say Hannah has chilled somewhat in the last few weeks but three year olds are HELL on wheels :wacko: We still have days that I want to tear my hair out, punt her out the door, sell her to Gypsies etc.

I think Alia slept better when I switched her to formula, but I think it was more because of the routine that I had going once she was on bottles. But I thought I had read that formula isn't as easy to digest, so it does keep the baby fuller longer? Maybe not haha

Joni is exclusively breast fed and sleeping amazing! So obviously babies are able to sleep through the night without formula :)

Sarah sorry Simon is trying your patience....I don't know what I'm going to do once Alia turns three. :nope: She's already in the terrible two's and she's not even two yet!

Sarah... between you and Vickie I'm scared shitless for Amira to hit 3. Seriously. You guys scare me. You've both had me wondering if there's a way to shove her back where she came from now before she hits 3.
Maybe I'll learn to have more patience by January? Highly doubtful. Maybe I'll take up drinking, that may help.

Well last night was better then the night before, but only because I ended up bringing him into bed with me. At least we got more then 3 hours sleep.

Sarah so sorry your lo is being such trouble. :hugs:

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Need to go get some :coffee:!

:rofl: Rach!!!

It is a very very trying age, not going to lie :haha:

:hugs: And trust me there have been plenty of times during this period that I've lost all patience whatsoever

Thanks everyone for the welcome. I'm in New Brunswick for a month visiting my family right now. Colin's sleep has been out of whack since we came but last night he slept from 9 pm to 8 am! :happydance: I hope it continues.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

If you don't mind, where in NB are you staying?

I'm sorry to hear about all of the tantrums and lack of sleeping. I hope everyone has a much better week.

:cry: I start back to work tomorrow! My first shifts are a close open so I am gonna start out exhausted and hoping B does well with barely seeing me for over 24 hours, and by barely I mean I will wake her up and drive her to the babysitter on Tuesday morning for 7am after leaving at 2pm on Monday, coming home in the middle of the night and won't see her until supper time Tuesday. The rest of the week shouldn't be as bad but that's a pretty brutal start for both of us.

Impatient--I hope your first day goes well! I'm due back in just under 3 months and am dreading it :(

I remember (from my nanny days) of the 3's being worse than the 2's. Don't know why they call it terrible 2's. I guess it's because you need a year to prepare yourself!!

An update on my litle cousin back home--she had a little baby girl Friday night around 10:30 pm. Olivia-Rose Catharina is her name and she was 8 lbs 4 oz. She had a hard go of it though. I spoke to her in great length the last few weeks and she was desperate to go herself and when there was talk of an induction, she was terrified at the higher risk of epidural and c-section. She was induced Friday morning after being 10 days overdue and she ended up having a c-section because of the baby's position and a failure to progress I guess, but the worst of it was she had to be completely put under as the epidural never took :( I feel that bad for her! She was desperate for skin-to-skin immediately after birth and to latch her on as soon as she could. I guess her LO was sunny side up by the sounds of things as she has a big bruise on her forehead. I hope she gets on well with the breastfeeding though, after her hard start. Guess this means I get to buy little girlie clothes to take home with me this summer :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Congrats on the new addition to the family Maggs! :happydance:

I concur, the 3's are freaking hell. There's no reasoning with Claire at all, she's got worse mood swings than my Mom did when she was menopausal :)argh:) total insanity. I keep trying to tell myself that its just an age/phase but I too have completely lost my cool with her.

I find I did a far better job controlling myself temper wise when she was 2, but now I just suck at it. :( Far too many times I go to bed and think about how next time, I'll react like this etc. Never works though. That girl is a master button-pusher. :blush:

Hey ladies!

The last few posts make me feel better!!! LOL!! Here I was thinking I'm the only one dealing with a child that quite frequently resembles something from nightmares! And no matter how "normal" it may be, it doesn't exactly make it any less frustrating. lol. I feel like I have no patience now, as most things, no matter how small seem to be argument worthy for Grady!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->