Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

I just posted about J walking, but I think I forgot to actually post it before I went to another page.... :dohh:
Holy swiss cheese for a brain!
Anyway, I watched the video and must agree: so stinkin' cute!!! That little duck-bummed toddler waddle makes my heart so happy! :)

Soooooo.... I got a new job today! I am officially an On Call Parks Naturalist for the City! Yay! Should be really fun. The pay is so much better than the poor old Zoo, and the hours at the Zoo are so few and far between (lots of cutbacks over the last year), that I was really getting desperate for something else. I can keep both jobs and hopefully get the hours I need and want. I'm really excited to be doing something new and interesting, too. So :happydance:

Congrats sarah!!! Sounds great!!

We has to stop asking questions awhile back. Nathan still does it and I have to remind him not to. Something simple like "are you ready for lunch?" she'll yell NO!! and protest whereas if we say "it's lunch time" and just sit her in her chair it goes a lot more smoothly.

Sarah your new job sounds fantastic! I'd love to do something outdoorsy!

And congratulations on little J walking :)

We've had a rough day here yesterday. Poor JackJack was down and out with a high fever all afternoon. No real clue why though! His highest was 39.7 and he was quite lethargic and floppy. He seems okay today and no fever last night but he still isn't eating as much food as he used to. Hopefully he'll be better now. Odd to have a fever for one day then gone again though....

We has to stop asking questions awhile back. Nathan still does it and I have to remind him not to. Something simple like "are you ready for lunch?" she'll yell NO!! and protest whereas if we say "it's lunch time" and just sit her in her chair it goes a lot more smoothly.

haha ya my kids don't have questions asked... I tell them im making lunch, and then I tell them its ready and they have to come sit down :D

I dont think Peyton would ever refuse his lunch though hahahaa

sarah- congrats on the job!!!!!!!! That sounds exciting :D

congrats on the job Sarah!!

It might be the 3 molars she's cutting right now, but J did not sleep last night :coffee: very tired this morning.

Spoke too soon...fever started at the same today and he's back to sleeping much of the afternoon away. Bizarre the way it comes and goes! Usually from about 11am-6pm then gone all night. My poor little boy :(

Congrats on the new job Sarah! :yipee:

Hope Jack feels better Maggs :hugs: Could be teething related??

:hugs: Sara sorry you didn't get any sleep last night :(

I ask Hannah if she's ready for lunch and sometimes she'll tell me no so I'll tell her that I'm going to go make my lunch and that usually spurs her to decide to eat :rofl:

Alia hasn't been eating as much lately for some reason... I think she just thinks she has better things to do with her time :haha:

Hannah goes through phases like that and than eats me out of house and home :rofl:

haha ya same with Jasmine... she barely eats some days. They eat when they are hungry though.

I hope your little man feels better Maggs.

Way to go J!

Congrats on the new job Sara!

3 days done at work, off for 1, and B is doing well at the new sitter's.

Glad that B is doing well at the sitters :hugs:

Enjoy your day off! :)

Oh glad B is doing well! That's our next task here...to find childcare for Jack at the end of this summer.

Taking him to the drs this morning. I'm not overly concerned, but figured I'd best get him in before the weekend and that will save us a 6 hr wait at outpatients if he gets worse. Still regularly above 39 and he's really lethargic and limp. Slept with me last night because he kept waking up screaming for ages! And then up every 2-3 hrs from midnight to 7am. My poor ickle boy!!

Hope that the doctors appointment went well :hugs:

Not much going on here today. It's cold :sulk: and apparently we're supposed to get freezing rain tomorrow? :rofl:

Well we're home finally, spent the day at the pediatric assessment unit at our local hospital. The GP we saw this morning wanted us to go just a precaution to get looked at and get a urine sample. So he was poked and prodded, had a good look at his ears and throat to rule out any infection. Finally got a urine sample too. But this morning when I was getting him ready to go to the drs appt, he vomited all over both of us (had a nice puddle of puke in my bra!) LOL I think their main concern was his high fever and how limp he was when it went that high. He hasn't had a fever or meds in 6 hrs, the longest stretch in 3 days so fingers crossed maybe we're towards the end of it.

On another note, it seems our heat wave is dying out and potentially due snow next week. FFS!! Sounds like Nova Scotia's weather here.

Hope all you lovely ladies are well xx And thanks for thinking about my little man.

I hope he is on the mend now Maggs :hugs:.

B and I did some laundry and then went to get groceries. Prior to today B would always sit nicely in the cart, however she decided that today she would turn around and kneel down. She also decided to throw things out of the cart, and take her socks and shoes off over and over.

Sorry, but I'm laughing at picturing B chucking things out of your cart! haha I know the Sobeys used to give babies a cookie at the bakery to eat so that Mom's could get your shopping down fairly uninterrupted. Or I used to take in some toys that the kids never saw very often to play with.

No fever in nearly 24 hrs now! He had a good sleep and massive diarrhea this morning. So just gave him some banana porridge for breakfast in the hopes that'll be gentle for him.

DH (and i used the term 'dear' here loosely) is home with an abscess, went back to bed but rather than making an appt for a dentist or doctor, he said he'll wait till later to go to outpatients cause he hates visiting a dentist/doctor. Bloody drives me nuts! Men are so fecking stubborn!! No doubt he'll moan and drag out as much sympathy as possible while forgetting that not just a few days ago, I was sick for 2 weeks and not got a sleep in at all. Fecking men...we should just all be lesbians!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->