Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

Well Jack has now come down with a pinprick rash over his chest and back. So no doubting now that it's Roseola. My Mom said she thought that might be it as we both had it when we were little. She's a nurse so is very handy for illnesses of all sorts. Glad he's slowly on the mend and now we know what it is.

Aww poor guy! Once the rash appears they generally start feeling better though :hugs: I used a nice oatmeal bath when jasmine had it.

Anna just had that maggs. I was thinking of suggesting it but Im no doctor lol.

Can't resist sharing because no one IRL would care, but Andrew went pee and poop on the potty today before his nap!! What's crazy is that I haven't been potty training. I just have a potty in the bathroom. I occasionally ask if he wants to sit on it and he's always declined or sat and done nothing and then suddenly he's interested! He's peed 5 times in the last 2 1/2 days now and today he pooped too! I'm not ready to get too excited and pich up pull-ups or underwear, but I'm curious to see if his interest continues.

Oh and the twins each slept 9.5 hours in a row last night AND all three kids are currently napping in their beds. *flexes supermom muscles*

glad jack is feeling better Maggs!!

YAY Amanda!!

Tired today... kid is walking but not sleeping LOL

:hugs: Maggs I hope that he starts to feel better quickly now that the rash has appeared

:yipee: Well done Andrew! And good job Amanda!! 9.5 hours is wonderful and getting all 3 to nap at the same time is amazing!

:hugs: Sara, Hannah sometimes got her sleep messed up when she was learning new skills. Or I think you said her molars were coming as well? Either way I hope her sleep settles down soon

Amanda, can your girls teach B how to sleep? lol.
Way to go Andrew! That is great news!

Glad he is on the mend Maggs!

I hope J starts sleeping better soon Sara, B hasn't been sleeping well either lately. I think they have been chatting again while we are trying to get some sleep.

I actually did take her most prized possesion, her baby, but she kept throwing it out of the cart as well lol.

Yeah Amanda, I need you to come get Elliot to sleep. He was up 5 times and H was up 2 or 3 times. My kids are just too hyperactive I think!

That is awesome about him pooping and peeing! Helena pretty much trained herself too and it was AMAZING!

So weird. I'm suddenly not getting this thread showing up on my subscribed threads? Did I unsubscribe somehow?
Note to self to investigate!
Very very crazy busy last few days for us.
We found a whole bunch of houses in our price range in the last few days and did a whole lot of house looking over the past week.
And wouldn't you know it, the perfect house in the perfect neighbourhood appeared and we got it! At a great price!
So we're in the conditional phase with the inspection happening tomorrow and all the mortgage stuff getting finalized on Wed. :shock:
My head is still spinning!
We weren't planning to buy until next year. We were just trying to get a sense of the market. :haha:
whew! That's a new job and a new house in the space of one week. :wacko:

Everything's comin' up Milhouse!!! (Eh, Sarah? :winkwink:) :haha:

Super glad about the house hun. :hugs:

Thanks, lovely!
It still hasn't really sunk in.
Just three more months in this little house. That will bring us to exactly 10 years here. We have definitely outgrown this space, though. It's getting a bit desperate. We have the option to take over the downstairs suite as well this month, but we did the math and realized that we'd be paying close to $2000/month by the time we included the increased utilities, rent, etc. And then we saw how much prices had come down in our preferred neighbourhoods. The mortgage/rent comparison started to weigh down heavily on the mortgage side.
So there you go! New place at the end of June! Yahoo!
And the most important feature? It's not the great schools, parks, proximity to Zoo, Science Centre, etc Oh no. It's the freakin' dishwasher!!!! It has a DISHWASHER! (grateful sobbing) I am so happy about that.

AND CONGRATS! Super excited...to come see your new house! haha :D Baby and Bump housewarming?

Congrats sarah!!! I do think its hilarious that you've got a house after all our discussions lol!!

I know, I know - Ms. Rentypants just bought a house! :haha:
Hey, I have never said that owning was a bad idea if the numbers were right! :)
We got way ahead financially by living cheaply and renting, but to maintain our current lifestyle (particularly in the inner city neighbourhoods that we like), renting a whole house was going to be on par with, if not more than, a mortgage payment. And when we went out looking, we were very pleasantly surprised to see how much prices had fallen over the past couple of years. We can actually afford this. Truly afford it. And the house was renovated quite recently, so not much to anticipate in the way of maintenance for a few years.
I think the biggest financial vulnerability right now is how low interest rates are. We used the mortgage calculators and were pretty freaked out by how much more $$/month even a 2% interest rate rise would have on our payments. So we are planning to go gangbusters on paying off the principle over the next 5 years, just to put ourselves in a better position at renewal time.
Yes, I am totally freaked by owing a bank that much money, but I'm excited by the amount of space we are going to have to ourselves. And by the dishwasher. Oh that beautiful, beautiful dishwasher.
Just need to get through that inspection tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->